Sign in to follow this  
graphix28

Anyone else think McKinnon can steal the job this weekend?

Obviously we are looking at if he will be fantasy relevant during the fantasy regular season.

Based upon stats first two weeks, all of this talk is based merely on speculation.

Situation here is a bit more complex than just:

1. can he pass protect?

OR

2. can he be the every down feature back?

The vacuum at RB has ramifications that may also affect the QB position. Cassell performance will be the factor here.

Vikes started out well vs the Pats, but then the offense quickly fell off the rails. And didn't fight it back on.

How will the Vikes do versus the Saints and then the Falcons has got to be concerning the coaching staff.

I doubt the coaches would want to deal be featuring two rookies at these positions simultaneously.

Obviously McKinnon secondary focus will be on learning pass protection.

But last week he only had 4 touches and the prior week 1.

But there is another option, but at a cost to offensive targets.

Jerome Felton, FB, is on this roster. FB that helped AP to get 2k rushing. Split and I back formatiosn could be used. Wherein McKinnons role is not so much as to pass protect, but break out as a check down receiving option.

IMO, it would be better for McKinnon that Cassell is doing well to fit that kind of roll

VS having the rookie qb be in there. That is a whole lot of variables to hope fit correctly.

• Like 4

:thumbsup: @LunaTick ... excellent post. Good food for thought. I'll have to forward this to my brother, who is a long time Vikings fan.

He played RB.

Kevin Ellison was the GSU QB.

Wasn't he a QB through junior season and switched to RB as a senior?

Obviously we are looking at if he will be fantasy relevant during the fantasy regular season.

Based upon stats first two weeks, all of this talk is based merely on speculation.

Situation here is a bit more complex than just:

1. can he pass protect?

OR

2. can he be the every down feature back?

The vacuum at RB has ramifications that may also affect the QB position. Cassell performance will be the factor here.

Vikes started out well vs the Pats, but then the offense quickly fell off the rails. And didn't fight it back on.

How will the Vikes do versus the Saints and then the Falcons has got to be concerning the coaching staff.

I doubt the coaches would want to deal be featuring two rookies at these positions simultaneously.

Obviously McKinnon secondary focus will be on learning pass protection.

But last week he only had 4 touches and the prior week 1.

But there is another option, but at a cost to offensive targets.

Jerome Felton, FB, is on this roster. FB that helped AP to get 2k rushing. Split and I back formatiosn could be used. Wherein McKinnons role is not so much as to pass protect, but break out as a check down receiving option.

IMO, it would be better for McKinnon that Cassell is doing well to fit that kind of roll

VS having the rookie qb be in there. That is a whole lot of variables to hope fit correctly.

:thumbsup: :banana:

Definitely, but probably not this week...

AP is most likely done in Minny... They drafted McKinnon to be his heir apparent, so they need to see if he has what it takes to carry the load.

Asiata sux. Other than blocking, he doesn't bring any value or scare defenses in any way. It may be a couple weeks, but McKinnon will be carrying the load sooner, rather then later.

You can take that to the bank!

Until next year's draft.

How often do teams draft a RB to be the heir apparent?

Well they usually do it when they see their star RB is planning to move on the next year (and/or they are ready to move on from him).

Think a bunch of you guys should get some mckinnon jerseys, meet up this sunday and cheer him on. Your going to have to cheer pretty loud so he can hear you on the sideline

Actually I will be there, in a Saints jersey, but there.

Put Mckinnon in my hail mary lineup at DK... for 3K he's worth the risk!

In tournament play, one of your goals is to have guys that no one else has in order to differentiate. So, if he happens to go off it will be huge, or even if he puts up 50 yards and a TD, it will be a worth while investment.

If he lays a goose egg, oh well. That's why it's a Hail Mary play!

Are we gonna ask this every week? Asiata ain't that bad mc 1 touch in 1 half

McKinnon might get some play in week 14-17...

Outside of that, most of you are just smoke'n they'll roll a kid with no pass protection skills with their rookie franchise QB running the show.

I don't remember toby getting under 3.0 ypc in MN. That can't last long in the NFL.

Toby is getting under 3ypc in JAX, hence my statement. Asiata is MN's version of Toby - ignoring totally where Toby previously played.

Finally saw the Vikings play. There is no way in sam hell McKinnon sees the field in the immediate future. This team will fall behind time and time over again. At least Asiata provides protection and takes those dump off passes. McKinnon? None of the above.

Looking good Chaka khan

Won't every be anything more than rbbc without injury tho..,be real please

This now had RBBC written all over it.

Asiata and McKinnon will both be hit or miss every week now. Fock them both.

Doesn't hurt that Teddy Bridgewater is playing like Fran Tarkenton!!

This now had RBBC written all over it.

Asiata and McKinnon will both be hit or miss every week now. Fock them both.

Doesn't hurt that Teddy Bridgewater is playing like Fran Tarkenton!!

I dunno. Asiata has been consistent every week. It might be a RBBC but Asiata is clearly the one to own seeing as how hes the one scoring TDs

Yeah been trying to trade Asiata for weeks too

Imma get what I can for him this week with the 2 TDs...package for something startable

pass protection will dictate snap count, never forget that...we'll see how it plays out...either way, if you have asiatic, try and deal now...

McKinnon has one good run and they are gonna give him the job? Ok guys take it easy now

McKinnon has one good run and they are gonna give him the job? Ok guys take it easy now

Its this boards typical response. McKinnon aint done anything all year and the 1 good run he has he all of sudden will get the starting job

um 9 for 98 is more than 1 run, smarten up...

take out the 55 yarder and he's 8 for 43...over 5 a carry...

ASIA is 15 for 63, a very respectable 4.2 per

so yeah, he's not gonna take over the job and be a 25 rushes a game back, but if you can't see that he'll cut into asia's touches, well then you're not very bright to begin with, but even less bright with your blinders on...

signed

asiata owner

He plays at a different speed than Asiata. His role is increasing. I don't think anyone is saying he's going to be a RB1 next week but his role has increased this game from the beginning and now it's almost 50/50 with McKinnon and Asiata taking turns each possession.

McKinnon clearly seems an easy dynasty add

If you have a deep bench then add behind Matt A

It's still only week 4 and this is Atlanta's defense were talking about here, but you are starting to see the coaching staff have faith in him. Once he starts getting regular playing time, his skill set will force the coaches hand.

Like I said earlier, by mid-season Mckinnon will be the lead back.

Trade Asiata while you can!

um 9 for 98 is more than 1 run, smarten up...

take out the 55 yarder and he's 8 for 43...over 5 a carry...

ASIA is 15 for 63, a very respectable 4.2 per

so yeah, he's not gonna take over the job and be a 25 rushes a game back, but if you can't see that he'll cut into asia's touches, well then you're not very bright to begin with, but even less bright with your blinders on...

signed

asiata owner

Of course you know stats change after posts don't you? He will not overtake. They will compliment each other. Asiata is doing great in his roll and better every week.

The day nearly 100 yards combined and 2 Tds in 3 quarters is being replaced....lol

Of course you know stats change after posts don't you? He will not overtake. They will compliment each other. Asiata is doing great in his roll and better every week.

He had over 100 yards from scrimmage on 8 touches at halftime when I posted this... So, no in this case, the stats didn't really change at all, unless you mean his YPC went down!

Asiata with the hat trick.

Luckily Foster was limping before the Texans game and I put Asiata in!! Wooo hoooo

He had over 100 yards from scrimmage on 8 touches at halftime when I posted this... So, no in this case, the stats didn't really change at all, unless you mean his YPC went down!

Wasn't even quoting you. Thanks

Fourth career start, second game with three TDs...talentless hack :rolleyes:

I wish all my plodding RBs could do that. Thankfully, he's starting for me in all four of my money leagues.