Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Moreno, cannot find any confirmation on injury severity

Whats the deal, only thing reported was 4 to 8 weeks which was thrown out before the MRI. Has anyone heard how much damage was done? No surgery, so that's good news, but I find the fact that there has been no report of severity kind of promising?

I have B. Tate and Moreno on a team so this has been driving me crazy. If Moreno was definitely out for 8 weeks then I'd probably drop him. I'm a Dolphins fan and after watching him through 2 games (Preseason/Week 1) I really thought he was going to have a great season. I can't remember the last time Miami had a RB that exploded into the line like he does. It sucks to see him miss time from what I consider to be a freak injury and I hope he returns soon, we definitely need him!

I am with you, if he is out 8 weeks I don't hold or cut and pick up in a few weeks, but if it's 4 weeks I hold.

I have no choice but to hold because in reality if he didn't terribly tear anything you could play with a stabilizing brace perhaps quicker than you could imagine.

I never remember an injury getting almost no confirmation whatsoever in this day and age of 24/7 media

Dolphins listing him as questionable for this week. Haven't signed anyone all week. Adds up as not as severe as first thought.

Seriously dude? The guy dislocated his elbow. Immediate diagnosis is 4-8 weeks. Not as "severe?" You are a joke.

Dolphins listing him as questionable for this week. Haven't signed anyone all week. Adds up as not as severe as first thought.

Wow

I'm no doctor but I did stay in a Holiday Inn. Dislocated anything is more than 4 weeks.

Dislocated shoulder in high school

0 missed games doc. I was young and dumb but no super athlete

I haven't been tracking this so... what I saw was enough to make me think he won't be back in two weeks. I also saw the 4-8 week estimate, and I also haven't heard more so, are we uninformed? I don't know, but the way his arm bent...oh I hate seeing that. He isn't listed as out, that's pretty amazing, I don't see how you play with a broken arm. A month sounds like an aggressive recovery to me, which would put this out to at least week 6.

Dislocated shoulder in high school

0 missed games doc. I was young and dumb but no super athlete

Typically happens when you're on the bench.

Typically happens when you're on the bench.

In all seriousness I dislocated in 2 different games and played the second half of both never missed a game from it. Needed surgery after the season but still

In all seriousness I dislocated in 2 different games and played the second half of both never missed a game from it. Needed surgery after the season but still

In all seriousness, i actually dislocated my shoulder as well in football. There was no way I was playing the following game. It sucked. So many different levels. BTW I hope Moreno comes back soon. Sitting on my waivers.

In all seriousness, i actually dislocated my shoulder as well in football. There was no way I was playing the following game. It sucked. So many different levels. BTW I hope Moreno comes back soon. Sitting on my waivers.

Yes definitely different grades of dislocation / separatioon

In my high stakes 10 team ppr I'm hoarding backs and not dropping my injured guys

I have lacy Ellington Ingram Moreno Hyde and hill....and I might add another one soon...hoping Ingram and Moreno can make it back sooner than later and maybe try to flip one or two in a trade if some other guys get banged up....I'm trying to not be overly optimistic about Moreno....but for some reason, probably irrational, I am....def interesting at the lack of a somewhat definitive report...although next week they could tell us he's out 4-6....but I'm also an Ellington owner and not long ago we were hearing 4-6 there and how it sounded like he was a stretch to be active for the Monday night opener

Moreno dislocated his elbow in Sunday's loss at Buffalo, an injury that recently landed Tyler Eifert on IR with a designation to return. He also suffered a possible fracture. It leaves Lamar Miller as the clear-cut starter going forward, with Damien Williams as the primary backup. Orleans Darkwa projects as the No. 3 runner. Sep 14 - 5:35 PM

I have not heard anything more - it was the "Possible Fracture" part that compounds the dislocation. 4-8 weeks for an elbow dislocation sounds about right. Elbow dislocations can also cause nerve damage, sometimes severe.

They signed Daniel Thomas and worked out LaMichael James.

Yes definitely different grades of dislocation / separatioon

A dislocated elbow is much worse than a dislocated shoulder. The elbow is a very stable joint and it takes a lot to dislocate it.

Knowshon Moreno (elbow) has told teammates that he plans to be back in the lineup Week 6.

Source: Miami Herald

I can't tell you how many times I have heard a player say that he will be back by "X" date… Good to be positive, but I would not count on him being back until at least week 7-8.

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins believe Knowshon Moreno's (elbow) return "isn't too far off."

Moreno is still targeting Week 6, which would be less than a month after he dislocated his elbow. Moreno was given a 4-8 timetable upon going down. The Dolphins take on the Raiders in London this week before going on bye. Moreno remains a must-hold in 12-14 team leagues.

Related: Lamar Miller

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins believe Knowshon Moreno's (elbow) return "isn't too far off."

Moreno is still targeting Week 6, which would be less than a month after he dislocated his elbow. Moreno was given a 4-8 timetable upon going down. The Dolphins take on the Raiders in London this week before going on bye. Moreno remains a must-hold in 12-14 team leagues.
Related: Lamar Miller

Great news thanks for the update.

we have a 3 man bench, I had to dump him...if he will really be back in 2 weeks, I'm gonna do a full blown FF MacGyver level study on how to get him back, he was running like a madman before that friggin injury.