Sign in to follow this  
Ehlana

This year's bums next year

So looking at Todd Gurley's bounce back season this year, is there someone who's had a bad year this year that you have your eye on to get at a discount next year?

To me, Amari Cooper might be the guy. Things just haven't clicked this year, but the Oakland O-line is pretty good and they've got a good QB, I see Cooper paying dividends next year at his presumably lower draft price.

So looking at Todd Gurley's bounce back season this year, is there someone who's had a bad year this year that you have your eye on to get at a discount next year?

To me, Amari Cooper might be the guy. Things just haven't clicked this year, but the Oakland O-line is pretty good and they've got a good QB, I see Cooper paying dividends next year at his presumably lower draft price.

We said this last year didn't we ?

So OP, your topic title is confusing.

You want to identify players who are bums this year but will be better next year?

Or players who are good this year and will be bums next year?

You want to identify players who are bums this year but will be better next year?

He mentioned Gurley

My current teams are/were a who's who list of current bums, criminals, druggies, vaginas, and losers.

Evans

Nelson

J. Gordon

Elliott

Reed

Fournette

Bryant

Luck

Julio

Montgomery

I suppose any of them could be good next year, but they won't be on my teams

The first one. Could call it next year's bounce back players if you preferred.

Fournette wasn't a bum. He was just injured a lot. If he strung an entire season together he would be a beast. I'm just not sure that he will be able to do it based off of his injury history.

Reed is Reed. After all these years I don't know if he can be trusted. He might have a heavy discount next year so I wouldn't say DND but he isn't the 4th/5th round TE pick he has been the last couple of years.

To me the closest thing to the Gurley/ Gordon 2016 spectrum is Jay Ajayi. He has been a dud this year. Next year I think that they get rid of Blount and Ajayi gets those snaps as well as some of Clements third down work. He will run on a high power offense. Ajayi has looked good with the Eagles but he just hasn't received the snaps. Next year he could fall to late second early third and be a value.

• Like 2

Fournette wasn't a bum. He was just injured a lot. If he strung an entire season together he would be a beast. I'm just not sure that he will be able to do it based off of his injury history.

Reed is Reed. After all these years I don't know if he can be trusted. He might have a heavy discount next year so I wouldn't say DND but he isn't the 4th/5th round TE pick he has been the last couple of years.

To me the closest thing to the Gurley/ Gordon 2016 spectrum is Jay Ajayi. He has been a dud this year. Next year I think that they get rid of Blount and Ajayi gets those snaps as well as some of Clements third down work. He will run on a high power offense. Ajayi has looked good with the Eagles but he just hasn't received the snaps. Next year he could fall to late second early third and be a value.

Fournette hasn't been 'injured' yet. He's missed games because of a twisted ankle and bruised thigh. A bruise. Those are injuries I play through weekly in beer-league softball. Not to mention him being suspended for a game, and his phobia of cold weather. Yeah, he would be a beast, but he isn't (yet). And yes, I'm salty because if he played this week I likely win my game.

I'm not exactly sure how or why Jordan Reed is still receiving paychecks in the NFL.

Ajayi could be interesting next year. IDK why they won't/don't just make him a workhorse. Will Sproles be back in the mix next year?

I hope Ajayi doesnt get Crowelled. Aka I dont want folks to talk him up so much that he becomes a 2nd-3rd round pick and theres no upside to him unless he ends up being amazing.

If djax and/or the Tampa staff is wiped out, I could get into Mike Evans as a late 2nd/sometime in the 3rd rounder...even with Crab Legs at the helm.

Im very out on Amari Cooper. I will just miss out on his first fully good season.

Marty Bryant intrigued me as well. If he does too much the last few weeks, he will be right back to getting drafted a little too early for my taste. We will see.

• Like 1

I don't understand what people see in Cooper. He's a receiver who struggles at catching the football and I don't see him as an elite talent that can compensate for that. He'll go in the mid rounds to someone hoping he can rebound, even though his ceiling has been a mid round pick.

Evans and D Henry.

Joe Mixon.

New coaching staff new system, he has the ability.

Fournette hasn't been 'injured' yet. He's missed games because of a twisted ankle and bruised thigh. A bruise. Those are injuries I play through weekly in beer-league softball. Not to mention him being suspended for a game, and his phobia of cold weather. Yeah, he would be a beast, but he isn't (yet). And yes, I'm salty because if he played this week I likely win my game.

I'm not exactly sure how or why Jordan Reed is still receiving paychecks in the NFL.

Ajayi could be interesting next year. IDK why they won't/don't just make him a workhorse. Will Sproles be back in the mix next year?

Lol, oh well your beer league softball is the same as starting RB in the NFL, okay... :wall:

Lol, oh well your beer league softball is the same as starting RB in the NFL, okay... :wall:

Nope, not even close to the same. that's why it's pathetic for him to sit out due to a boo boo.

Joe Mixon.

New coaching staff new system, he has the ability.

Agreed. They've got to address the OL early and often in the coming draft.

Agreed. They've got to address the OL early and often in the coming draft.

Would be smart move, agree.

Thanks for the reply.

Merry Christmas.

God Bless

Evans and D Henry.

I'd like so see how a defense would respond to 4 quarters of D Henry banging into them. I am concerned that he can't catch the football and isn't good in pass pro. That makes it hard for him to become a guy like Gordon or Gurley that are the focus of the offense and locks to get 20 touches per game.

Yeah good points.

A lot will depend on the Titans and the system they might run next season.

I'm sure they will change somewhat wha they do too fit Henry's style.

Merry Christmas

God bless

they need to also switch to fit corey davis as well

Yeah good points.

A lot will depend on the Titans and the system they might run next season.

I'm sure they will change somewhat wha they do too fit Henry's style.

Merry Christmas

God bless

You cant predict how this years bums will be next year until after the coaching changes happen. Scheme is just as a important as anything a la Gurley

they need to also switch to fit corey davis as well

I don't understand what happen too him.

I don't know if it's the system or just a lack of communication between he and Mariota.

I don't understand what happen too him.

I don't know if it's the system or just a lack of communication between he and Mariota.

The guy held out, got injured, and missed a good portion of the season.

Yes indeed.

But he's been awful since his return.

Merry Christmas

1 Peter 2:15&17

we have to watch what we saw this last year, offensive coordinators who become HC's have a chance to propel players to that next level

DC's hinder QB's but favor RB ground games (Buffalo, Jax)