Sign in to follow this  
ramz04

Perine - Groin injury

Perine left today's practice with a groin injury, status for Sunday's game up in the air.

Go pickup Bibbs NOW!

• Like 1

Nobody thinks this is a big deal? Bibbs could be in line for a huge workload. He should touch the ball 20+ times. He's a RB2 in ppr leagues imo if perine is out. I'm thinking of starting him over mixon in my flex with Rex out.

I picked him up to block, as I am going up against someone who was starting Perine. I have Perine in my 2nd league and was benching him so Bibbs wasn't necessary to add to the squad.

He needs too leave it alone.

Merry Christmas

Bibbs isnt going to be able to do much behind that crappy line and against Bronco D that ranks pretty highly against the run.

Bibbs isnt going to be able to do much behind that crappy line and against Bronco D that ranks pretty highly against the run.

Agreed. I am almost mad that Perine isnt active so my opponent doesnt start him. Was feeling good about him not producing in that match up. I snagged Bibbs just to annoy my opponent.

Hes risky but he could get a lot of catches when you factor in catches. I could see 60 yards receiving on 5 dump offs especially if somehow they are trailing. The Ostrich was slanging it out there the other week for the Broncos

I think most of his appeal is in the passing game. Cousins peppers his RBs with targets and Bibbs will be the sole beneficiary. LeShun Daniels, who has 3 career carries, may spell him for a few more, but Bibbs is in store for the lions share.

Look, I get it, it's not the greatest matchup, and agree that Bibbs is replacement level talent at best, but it's all amount the volume here guys. Yall are crazy if you're ignoring him in ppr leagues. I'm expecting around 14 points (ppr) which translates to high end RB2 production.

This is all assuming that Perine doesn't play on Sunday, of course.

Hes risky but he could get a lot of catches when you factor in catches. I could see 60 yards receiving on 5 dump offs especially if somehow they are trailing. The Ostrich was slanging it out there the other week for the Broncos

My thinking exactly. Add in 30 yards rushing and you've got 14 points. He'll be getting the goal line carries as well so there's a decent chance he finds the endzone.

Agreed. I am almost mad that Perine isnt active so my opponent doesnt start him. Was feeling good about him not producing in that match up. I snagged Bibbs just to annoy my opponent.

I agree with you, my opponent had Perine in his flex, and I was licking my chops with that matchup. This is a similar situation to Mixon and Bernard owners hoping Mixon wouldn't play this weekend. We all know Mixon is the superior talent but Bernard really kills his ppr appeal which is why he is a better start (fantasy wise) with Mixon out vs starting Mixon himself. It all comes down to volume. I think it's the exact same situation with Perine & Bibbs. I would be rejoicing Perines injury if I owned them both.

I'm not pimpin Bibbs to the owners of the Mckinnion, Lewis & Collins tier of RBs but I'd consider starting him over the Mixon, Marshawn, Demarco and Ajayi tier. If you're rolling out a Gallman, Barber or Woodhead type then Bibbs is a no brainer!

I agree with you, my opponent had Perine in his flex, and I was licking my chops with that matchup. This is a similar situation to Mixon and Bernard owners hoping Mixon wouldn't play this weekend. We all know Mixon is the superior talent but Bernard really kills his ppr appeal which is why he is a better start (fantasy wise) with Mixon out vs starting Mixon himself. It all comes down to volume. I think it's the exact same situation with Perine & Bibbs. I would be rejoicing Perines injury if I owned them both.

I'm not pimpin Bibbs to the owners of the Mckinnion, Lewis & Collins tier of RBs but I'd consider starting him over the Mixon, Marshawn, Demarco and Ajayi tier. If you're rolling out a Gallman, Barber or Woodhead type then Bibbs is a no brainer!

Agreed on the tier comment, PPR value and Bibbs getting volume. Trent Williams out I think the Redskins run game is garbage. Bibbs has opportunity with dump passes indeed. My league is standard and I am rejoicing for a Mixon return, which should happen shortly. They just have to announce it after he gets by another day of practice without symptoms. I have Mixon slated as my RB2 and enhances my team greatly, especially with a Lions match up who havent figured out how to replace their DT stud Ngata.

I don't see much to like here. Perine may not even be out, the matchup stinks, Perine has been pedestrian I don't see why his back up will do any better. He's a dart throw at this point with maybe high volume. It could just be me but I don't know too many teams that are still playing and needing flex dart throws. I wouldn't be too worried if I went up against him.

The narrative will be awesome. Bibbs against his old team. This is the annual out of nowhere that wins your fantasy league. My prediction is 80/30 and 1TD.

I don't see much to like here. Perine may not even be out, the matchup stinks, Perine has been pedestrian I don't see why his back up will do any better. He's a dart throw at this point with maybe high volume. It could just be me but I don't know too many teams that are still playing and needing flex dart throws. I wouldn't be too worried if I went up against him.

Us Burkhead owners are left with a hole to fill. I have Mixon, but as I explained above, Bernard kills his ppr value. Plus the Cincy oline and offense as a whole is putrid. If Perine is out, I'm rolling with Bibbs.

The narrative will be awesome. Bibbs against his old team. This is the annual out of nowhere that wins your fantasy league. My prediction is 80/30 and 1TD.

Somebody gets it 👍🏻

Bibbs needs a good game to stick in the NFL. Fresh legs + motivation. Remember Kevin Smith the Lions' rb several years back who came out of nowhere to have a couple big games? Bibbs' pro day 40 was a 4.67 reportedly on a bad toe. one year wonder at a bad Colorado State team but 31 tds. Udfa w nose for the red zone. If he gets the start he might produce good fantasy #s.

Stashed him on all my teams this week.

Everyone has also overlooked its a revenge game for Bibbs as Broncos released him earlier in the year. No way he doesnt run hard against them

Would you start Bibbs over Jamaal Williams or Demarco Murray? This is for a standard league so catches don't mean as much per catch, just yardage. I see the hype for Bibbs and just don't fell it like this board does.

Would you start Bibbs over Jamaal Williams or Demarco Murray? This is for a standard league so catches don't mean as much per catch, just yardage. I see the hype for Bibbs and just don't fell it like this board does.

Full point ppr is where Bibbs is going to shine but he's still flex worthy in standard and a better option than Demarco imo. Give me the RB who's gonna get the volume and who's not playing the Rams. Demarco would be stapled to my bench this weekend if I owned him. I'm not so sure about starting him over Williams. I predicted that Williams' production would go down with Rodgers at the helm so Hundley being under center is actually good thing for Williams owners. With that said, Jones played 38% of the snaps last weekend and it wouldn't surprise me if he out touched Williams tomorrow. I think Jones is the best back on that team.

If you're needing to pick two out of three, I'd go Williams and Bibbs.

Let's wait and get an update on Perine.

• Like 1

Also interested in bibbs vs Demarco Murray in ppr. Any thoughts?

Bibbs, no doubt!

Volume is king.

Also interested in bibbs vs Demarco Murray in ppr. Any thoughts?

Murray

I agree volume is KING. I have Murray and Williams but would start Bibbs if Perine is out. The Viking run D is tough to move in the middle. My concern is that the Packers will not be able to run the ball effectively and Jones might be better suited for getting the ball outside of the tackles.

And the third string RB broke his hand in practice on Thursday as well. He literally will get every snap

And the third string RB broke his hand in practice on Thursday as well. He literally will get every snap

ROTOWIRE: Perine and LeShun Daniels (hand) both succumbed to injuries during Thursday's practice, with the latter quickly ruled out for the season. Perine was held out of Friday's practice and listed as questionable on the final injury report, but he did say that he'll be fine to play. Redskins head coach Jay Gruden didn't sound convinced, saying a decision won't be made until the weekend while also adding that Perine might be limited even if he plays. Bibbs likely would be in line for a heavy workload if Perine were to miss the game, given that Dare Ogunbowale -- who was promoted from the practice squad Friday -- is the only other healthy running back on the roster. Whoever ends up getting the start will be running behind an injury-marred offensive line against a Denver defense that's allows only 3.3 yards per carry.

Ogunbowale was Wisconsins 3rd down back if I remember correclty and could steal some passing work from Bibbs. I'm just speculating though.

Bibbs: They took me for granted for three years. For them to trade me and put me out there for the world, I want to show them they made a huge mistake.