Sign in to follow this  
Brizzmodee

Need to pick 2 WRs

Boyd and Sutton

I like Boyd, and call me crazy but A. Robinson, go with the hot hand

I glanced at this and thought “oh my, what a tough choice”. Here are my thoughts on each:

Boyd- The problem here is the ineffectiveness of Andy Dalton. At home against a susceptible Saints pass defense, Dalton only amassed 153 yards passing. In fact, in his last 5 games, he’s only thrown for over 250 yards once. Last week, without AJ Green, Boyd only caught 3 passes for 65 yards. It doesn’t look like Green is going to play this week, so that means he’ll see lots of Jimmy Smith.

Courtland Sutton- Sutton is hard to measure, as his only game since becoming the #2 WR only netted 3 catches for 57 yards. The Chargers do defend the pass well (WR’s 25 out of 32 in fantasy points scored). They are coming off a bye week, so maybe that will help.

Golden Tate- Another one that’s hard to measure. His initial game for the Eagles did not provide tremendous confidence going forward. The Saints do give up the most points to fantasy WR’s, but the Philly offense, though pass dependent, has many weapons (Ertz, Jeffries, Aglohor, Matthews, Clement). While he may be the best play, there are volume issues here to consider. All-in-all, he might be your best play in what may be a high scoring game.

Doug Baldwin- Baldwin’s production has been uneven, even after his return from injury. He hasn’t scored a TD this year, and only once in the last 4 games has, he had more than 5 targets. Wilson spreads the ball around. Though the Packer secondary is susceptible, Baldwin is still a risky play.

Alvin Robinson- Robinson had a huge game, 131 yards receiving and 2 TD’s. But that was against a poor Detroit defense. Minnesota’s DB’s are much better, with the Vikings giving up the 4th least points to fantasy WR’s. The Vikings are coming off a bye week, so they are well rested.

Given what’s here, it’s very difficult to find a safe play to give you decent points. Tate has the highest ceiling, in my opinion. But he has a low floor, too, due to volume. I feel Baldwin has a high floor, but he too could fail to put up the numbers you need. Good luck.

I think its between Boyd, Sutton and Robinson...

Leaning Boyd and Robinson...

With Dalton at QB and AJ likely out, it's hard to trust any Bengal on offense, especially on the road at Baltimore.

With Dalton at QB and AJ likely out, it's hard to trust any Bengal on offense, especially on the road at Baltimore.

Yeah I am benching Dalton this week because sadly, Eli Manning off the waiver wire seems a better pick this week.