Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The Pet Rock of Today - your prediction

So, presuming there was a proven safe technology, you're suggesting parents shouldn't have the right to make that decision if they decide that's what they want for their child, based on the fact the government might someday decide to co-opt it? That seems like a fair amount of overreach right there. Why should your paranoia dictate how I can parent my child?

If you can't parent your child without a chip you shouldn't be a parent.

:lol:

exactly.

you need help. you're insane.

do you line your packers hats with tinfoil?

He's 20. Young and dumb. Obviously raised by a father who was a gung ho Republican. Kid has probably had Fox News on his TV since he was in diapers. When he's older, he'll mature and start thinking for himself. Once he's actually been out in the world for a few years.

exactly.

you need help. you're insane.

do you line your packers hats with tinfoil?

As a Packer fan I can answer that...it's yes, but that's to keep the cheese fresh.

Which has nothing to do with whether you or anyone should be able to dictate such a thing. And even less to do with "losing liberty". :doh:

Christ, long before I had a kid I was all for having the option to GPS your child.

In the same vein, how long until we are a cashless society and all our info is on a chip or something similar implanted in our skin?

I understand 90's baby not being a proponent of chipping children. I too think it's a slippery slope but inevitable imo.

The Bible tells me so.

Which has nothing to do with whether you or anyone should be able to dictate such a thing. And even less to do with "losing liberty". :doh:

There are way to many alternatives to actually consider embedding a microchip into a four year old. It would be online, which will make it prone to hacking, so not only you, but anyone who really wanted to know where your child was could find out as well. Since the range on BlueTooth is only 75 meters or so that wouldn't work either. Seems all of you are only considering the the good that could come "Oh I can know my child is safe at all times, cool!" but aren't considering any of the bad.

One of a few reasons I don't have a smart phone.

I'm starting to think you're on the right track. Check out the thread below from last year, and consider this recent event:

Last month my wife brought home a new shower head from Delta for us to test out. It was given to her by the Delta rep and she was asked to try it for 30 days and then report back via survey.

The day after she brought it home and for the next 17 consecutive days, one of the first things in MY facebook news feed every morning was a Home Depot ad for a delta shower head. My wife never got the same ad, ever.

Again, we never searched for, wrote or responded to emails about shower heads. She never went online via her phone or home computer to take the survey when the 30 days was up. She used her work computer for that.

We only discussed the shower head in person, in our home. Another coincidence?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=452285&hl=%22big+brother%22

And Parrot draws a line in the sand and prepares to fight against slippery slopes and circular logic. Let the battle commence.

There are way to many alternatives to actually consider embedding a microchip into a four year old. It would be online, which will make it prone to hacking, so not only you, but anyone who really wanted to know where your child was could find out as well. Since the range on BlueTooth is only 75 meters or so that wouldn't work either. Seems all of you are only considering the the good that could come "Oh I can know my child is safe at all times, cool!" but aren't considering any of the bad.

ETA: Ooops, I forgot, goal post moving.

Problems with this post;

A. I've never said I'm for this idea. In fact I've said the opposite. But something being a bad idea doesn't give you the right to say people can't do it.

1. You have now jumped from "blah, blah, GIVE ME LIBERTY, blah..." to logistical issues. Pick a focking horse.

BTW, the only one suggesting limiting anyone's liberty is you. :dunno:

I usually err on the side of caution when it comes to child safety, but I'm not sure chipping your kids is the right answer. The benefit of knowing exactly where they are at all times might not be worth the long term pussifcation it causes.

I learned so much more about life, the world and people when I was out and about as a kid/teen. If my parents had known exactly where I was at all times, I may never have learned how to make decisions on my own.

Beyond that, 90's makes a point about the potential downside of other people being able to find out exactly where your kid is at all times.

And Parrot draws a line in the sand and prepares to fight against slippery slopes and circular logic. Let the battle commence.

ETA: Ooops, I forgot, goal post moving.

:thumbsup:

I don't have much stomach for these battles anymore though. Horse->water and all that.

We only discussed the shower head in person, in our home. Another coincidence?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=452285&hl=%22big+brother%22

Yeah, I can't speak to that, but I have a number of such 'coincidence' stories like that lately.

And, like I said, now that Congress made it all legal and whatnot, it'll only get worse.

What's really focking scary is Congress couldn't pass a bill in favor or puppies, but somehow,

THIS legislation sailed right the fock through BOTH houses?

Money's changing hands. Guaranteed.

I usually err on the side of caution when it comes to child safety, but I'm not sure chipping your kids is the right answer. The benefit of knowing exactly where they are at all times might not be worth the long term pussifcation it causes.

I don't want to know where my kid is at all times. WHAT THE FOCK :wall: who said that?

I want to know where he is, if he goes MISSING. You know. AKA some teacher in Tennessee kidnaps him.

you know how quickly that would have been over?

I don't want to know where my kid is at all times. WHAT THE FOCK :wall: who said that?

I want to know where he is, if he goes MISSING. You know. AKA some teacher in Tennessee kidnaps him.

you know how quickly that would have been over?

How would you know if he's missing unless you have the GPS monitor on and working at all times?

There are a million places and times where a kid could disappear. You're gonna want to know the instant it happens. Turning on the GPS chip only after they've been declared missing might be too late.

How would you know if he's missing

:o

WOW!

Okay, I'm done.

you people are focking idiots

:doh:

So, that whole thing about people constantly taking and posting pictures all the time....

But hey, go head and feel free to sissy-fight over an option that's not on the table.

I learned so much more about life, the world and people when I was out and about as a kid/teen. If my parents had known exactly where I was at all times, I may never have learned how to make decisions on my own.

Problems with this post;

A. I've never said I'm for this idea. In fact I've said the opposite. But something being a bad idea doesn't give you the right to say people can't do it.

1. You have now jumped from "blah, blah, GIVE ME LIBERTY, blah..." to logistical issues. Pick a focking horse.

Problems with this post;

How so, by not allowing a parent to chip their child? What about the childs liberty? I know the left isn't very fond of a child's liberty with the baby killing and all. Does it come out when they are 18?

I can see it now: iPhone's latest iOS release 11.0 now comes with the "Find My Child" app!

Fock that. Leave that door shut and NEVER EVER open it.

:o

WOW!

Okay, I'm done.

you people are focking idiots

:doh:

Yeah, I'm the idiot, but you're the one who's not thinking it through.

If your 10 yr old son goes to the movies with friends, do you turn the GPS on when you drop him off, or when the movie lets out?

If you don't turn it on right away, he could go missing 5 minutes into the movie and you wouldn't know it for another hour and a half.

It's only useful if it's up and running all the time.

Yeah, I'm the idiot, but you're the one who's not thinking it through.

If your 10 yr old son goes to the movies with friends, do you turn the GPS on when you drop him off, or when the movie lets out?

If you don't turn it on right away, he could go missing 5 minutes into the movie and you wouldn't know it for another hour and a half.

It's only useful if it's up and running all the time.

I mean there are many ways around that. You could preset a safe zone and if it ever leaves that area it automatically goes online.

But still at the end of the day, fock that.

How so, by not allowing a parent to chip their child? What about the childs liberty? I know the left isn't very fond of a child's liberty with the baby killing and all. Does it come out when they are 18?

I can see it now: iPhone's latest iOS release 11.0 now comes with the "Find My Child" app!

Fock that. Leave that door shut and NEVER EVER open it.

Wow, you got like 5 posts in before you had to make it a righty/lefty thing. Here's a tip; many righties are going to disagree with you when you start thinking you have the right to tell them how to parent their kids.

And yeah, ed stipulated that it would be removed when they "left home". HTH.

If you're not a parent, you should stfu about parenting.

I mean there are many ways around that. You could preset a safe zone and if it ever leaves that area it automatically goes online.

But still at the end of the day, fock that.

Setting a pre set safe zone is the same thing as knowing where he is at all times.

Wow, you got like 5 posts in before you had to make it a righty/lefty thing. Here's a tip; many righties are going to disagree with you when you start thinking you have the right to tell them how to parent their kids.

And yeah, ed stipulated that it would be removed when they "left home". HTH.

It's how he was raised. He's programmed. He can't think any other way.

It's how he was raised. He's programmed. He can't think any other way.

You are programmed not me. You think chipping a child and probably adults too, in the name of safety is okay, I don't. You could consider this quite literally them programming you.

You are programmed not me. You think chipping a child and probably adults too, in the name of safety is okay, I don't. You could consider this quite literally them programming you.

We're going to need chips to keep track of all your strawmen.