Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Dude's I will never draft again after this year

Tyrod Taylor.

go...

in Taylor's defense, I will say that if you drafted Taylor and only Taylor as your QB, then that's on you. There should have been ample opportunity to hedge your bet with any of Rivers, Cousins, Wentz, Stafford, Alex Smith, Goff, etc. Later in the year you could have gotten Watson for a even few weeks when he was healthy, or now McCown or Keenum.

You did not lose your league because you drafted Tyrod Taylor.

I don't have him, but I will probably skip Brees next year because I expect similar production going forward. With the defense and run game only gets better from here.

I won't draft Melvin Gordon in the first 3 rounds next year.

And I didn't own him this year but did last year, couldn't see myself drafting Dez Bryant either unless a super late bargain.

Benjamin, Parker, Powell. Looking at my roster the only player I drafted that is still my starter is Justin Tucker. Hilarious.

I should have learned my lesson after last year, but I will never draft Jordan Reed again. As a matter of fact, I'm going to give my wife my Glock at my drafts next year, and if i even accidentally click on Reed's name, she'll be instructed to blow my head off.

Guys i also won't draft, unless they're a HUGE bargain:

Julio

Cooks

Brees

I agree with JULIO. NEVER AGAIN DUDE.

Cooper, Mariota, and Murray

I don't believe in Do Not Draft lists because I'll take anyone if the price is low enough. That said, some guys that will most likely go before I ever would be willing:

Brees

Newton

L Miller

Howard

D Martin

Abdullah

Diggs

Cooper

M Thomas

Reed

Rudolph

Ebron

Doug Martin as a Buc. If he goes somewhere else.. maybe.

I may never draft anyone ever again. This is the most frustrating 'game' ever.

I honestly believe I'll be a happier person if I retire from FF.

That said, :wave: if I do decide to play again, Lamar Miller is a dnd. I don't care if he's a starting RB and I can get him with the last pick of the draft.

• Like 1

Buford - I hear you, regarding $-leagues. I am seriously thinking of doing solely DFS sites, for my $ in 2018 ..

That said, :wave: if I do decide to play again, Lamar Miller is a dnd. I don't care if he's a starting RB and I can get him with the last pick of the draft.

I'm seriously considering it. Have a really good team this year and I'm still pissed most Sundays.

I'm way more pissed when I lose than happy when I win.

Lamar Miller has been on my DND list. Im going to add Doug Martin to it as I have had waited on him for numerous years to either serve his suspension or get healthy and always comes back to disappoint.

Someone actually drafted Taylor.

Cooper. I mean it this time.

But look at all the raw talent. THIS has to be the year he puts it all together right????? :nono: Never say never, but it will be at WR3 price if ever again.

in Taylor's defense, I will say that if you drafted Taylor and only Taylor as your QB, then that's on you. There should have been ample opportunity to hedge your bet with any of Rivers, Cousins, Wentz, Stafford, Alex Smith, Goff, etc. Later in the year you could have gotten Watson for a even few weeks when he was healthy, or now McCown or Keenum.

You did not lose your league because you drafted Tyrod Taylor.

I agree.

Tyrod was never a QB1.

as a backup he was (and if healthy still is) fine. If you drafted him to be your #1 QB that was your mistake in the first place.

Unrealistic expectations will kill you every time.

All of them...

GFB not playing fantasy football any more...

why post on a ff board then?

Having had a Jones fracture on my foot which rebroke a year later, I'll pretty much never draft anyone who has had it. Julio Jones and Julian Edelman come to mind. It just never heals right.

ODB. Impossible to root for. And I'm a Giants fan.

• Like 1

going with this thread I could end up with a team of

Cam

ODB

Evans

Gordon

Howard

Ajayi, Diggs, Cooper, MThomas

Reed, Rudolph

I would take it all day

Don't we all have that feeling after a draft ? I don't recall ever walking away from a draft thinking I did poorly.

Don't we all have that feeling after a draft ? I don't recall ever walking away from a draft thinking I did poorly.

I've done it, but I think I drank heavily at the draft that year.

I don't have a DND list per se, but situations that make me more skeptical.

• Expect little out of guys coming back from a season ending surgery the year prior or offseason surgery (Luck burned me on this one, but it steered me away from Cam)
  • Stay away from old RB's (Gore, Peterson, etc).
  • Be cautious on old QB's not named Brady or Brees (Roethlisberger, Rivers, Manning tend to start slow)
  • Be wary of anyone who got a new HC or OC, particularly early in the season (New HC's like their guys and new OC's screw up game plans)
  • Be wary of anyone playing for Andy Reid.

I am also considering moving on from FF. For me, it's all the injuries. There have always been injuries. However it's never been this bad before, and I don't see it getting better. I can't draft superstars and have them miss all or most of the season and expect to win. Losing 1 guy, maybe can over come that. Losing 4 or more. This is just getting ridiculous.

If I do play again next year. Garcon.