Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

This isn't a brag thread - insight on your strategy for purchasing tickets

When a ticket you are wanting is in high demand, do you grab it at the first chance you get or do you hold out in hopes the price will drop on the secondary market?

Tickets for the game Sunday go on sale today at noon. Weather looks like crap in KC later this week. Thursday wintry mix, 40% chance of precip with high of 42. Friday 90% chance of showers with high of 38, low of 20. Saturday 70% chance of snow, 24 high 1 low. And then on gameday Sunday, it says sunny but a projected high of 13 and low of 7.

Since we've never hosted a conference championship I'm not sure how many will choose to stay home, and even for those who squat to pee I'm guessing there will be someone who wants to go and can easily find friends to accompany them. So I guess I'm not sold on the fact that the prices are going to hit rock bottom at any point. I think uppers will go for $180 today and lowers $300. Never had an opportunity like this to see this caliber of game live, but I'm leaning toward going head with the purchase.

Save the money and watch from a bar... That way if the team you rooting for doesn't win, you won't be out a ton of money...

Save the money and watch from a bar... That way if the team you rooting for doesn't win, you won't be out a ton of money...

Do the opposite of this

Do the opposite of what posty says every time.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Tickets around $300 on stubhub now. Doubt they drop much lower ... good luck on seats to see the Pats win!

the tickets go on sale to the general public today at noon. Everything you see now is on the secondary market from Season Ticket Holders already trying to make a dime off seats they have access to.

You'll be out a ton of money if they win or lose :wacko:

But for once I agree with posty, I don't see the allure of going to games anymore. Not for the prices they charge, it's insanity. Especially when I'm gonna freeze my ass off, I'll park my ass in front of huge-ass HDTV instead nowadays.

Played this game a 1000 times and it's very hard to predict. The very best strategy is to get the cheapest ticket you can find as early as possible. Then scour Stubhub, Seatgeek, and the NFL site everyday. Ultimately the best deals can be had in the parking lot right before the game, but that is a very aggressive strategy that most don't have the stomach for.

I don't see the allure of going to games anymore. Not for the prices they charge, it's insanity. Especially when I'm gonna freeze my ass off, I'll park my ass in front of huge-ass HDTV instead nowadays.

:pointstosky:

First ever championship game? I only see prices going up. I'd buy right now.

Didn't even have a chance. Hopefully scalpers flooded the Marley, weather gets bad and bottom falls out of the prices

You'd have to pay me to go to a game. In this spot, we have freezing temps, chance of participation, long lines, expensive beer, can't get to the bathroom, goofballs waaaay too invested in their team, park a mile away, traffic, can't see alot of the action unless you have great seats. No thanks. I'd probably do it for about $800, though.

Good weather - you'd only have to pay me $200 to go watch a game in person.

You'd have to pay me to go to a game. In this spot, we have freezing temps, chance of participation, long lines, expensive beer, can't get to the bathroom, goofballs waaaay too invested in their team, park a mile away, traffic, can't see alot of the action unless you have great seats. No thanks. I'd probably do it for about $800, though.

I had a great time yesterday. It was about 20 degrees when we got there. Ate some good food, drank a bit, had some good conversation and then watched the Pats kick the snot out of the Chargers.

I had a great time yesterday. It was about 20 degrees when we got there. Ate some good food, drank a bit, had some good conversation and then watched the Pats kick the snot out of the Chargers.

Yeah, but he has a problem with his labia freezing to the seats if it gets too cold.

Yeah, but your self-worth is partially tied to the success of the Patriots. My self-worth isn't tied to a sports team at all.

I would go if you want to go. And dont try waiting and savibg a couple 20s.

I agree with people saying games arent worth going to. But they are once in a while, like this. Dont listen to the west coasters who are worried about breaking a nail.

I agree with people saying games arent worth going to. But they are once in a while, like this. Dont listen to the west coasters who are worried about breaking a nail.

Agreed. You'll end up kicking yourself if it turns out to be an epic game. Especially if you have a chance to take a kid as they'll certainly cherish the memory.

Yeah, but your self-worth is partially tied to the success of the Patriots. My self-worth isn't tied to a sports team at all.

My self-worth is not tied to the Patriots winning or losing. I still have to get up in the morning and go to work either way. I like the games, enjoy the tailgating and I don't live paycheck-to-paycheck. :dunno:

Arent you in Buffalo ?

They still have metal bleachers up there ??

My self-worth is not tied to the Patriots winning or losing. I still have to get up in the morning and go to work either way. I like the games, enjoy the tailgating and I don't live paycheck-to-paycheck. :dunno:

Sounds good, Patriotsfatboy1. My bad.

Don't you work at home?

Good point. Sad but true.

Don't you work at home?

No, I don't. I go into the office pretty much every day unless there is a snow-storm or something like that. I sometimes travel to other offices of ours. :dunno:

No, I don't. I go into the office pretty much every day unless there is a snow-storm or something like that. I sometimes travel to other offices of ours. :dunno:

Where is the practice bubble up at Gillete stadium? I didn't see one in the overhead shot yesterday.

Where is the practice bubble up at Gillete stadium? I didn't see one in the overhead shot yesterday.

Right next door. It is sort of between the stadium and some of the shopping places.

Right next door. It is sort of between the stadium and some of the shopping places.

Thanks

I'm holding out now. Cheapest ticket was $270 yesterday. This morning $240, now $217.

I'm holding out now. Cheapest ticket was $270 yesterday. This morning $240, now $217.

810 was talking about an hour ago that tickets for less was running a special,I believe it was the cheap seats $199 and if you buy 6 you get free parking and a chance to win a Mahomes autographed mini football.

Why would you want to magnify by being so close to the immanent heart break that is going to happen ?

• Like 1

810 was talking about an hour ago that tickets for less was running a special,I believe it was the cheap seats $199 and if you buy 6 you get free parking and a chance to win a Mahomes autographed mini football.

I'm thinking of I wait may be able to get lowers for around 2 or 250

$750 after fees for two lowers. Still holding out but likely will end up at the game.

Just scored two from stubhub, lower level for $470 total. The boy is going to be ecstatic!

• Like 1

Just scored two from stubhub, lower level for $470 total. The boy is going to be ecstatic!

We are going to need proof that you didnt get scammed. :lol:

Awesome! Try not to scar your kid for life by furiously spanking it in public when Chiefs win.

We are going to need proof that you didnt get scammed. :lol:

I can't believe it either honestly. Almost feels too good to be true. I think the snow forecast today, rain tomorrow and colt temps must have scared someone off

Nope, in addition to the barcode showing up in the stubhub app, the tickets popped up on my chiefs ap :banana:

I can't believe it either honestly. Almost feels too good to be true. I think the snow forecast today, rain tomorrow and colt temps must have scared someone off

Must not have been colt temps last week???