Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Could you survive being single now?

Got married at 44. I did fine all those years. Had my share, kept my place clean most of the time, ate some vegetables, lots of grilled chicken on the Foreman. Drank a good amount, but not an alky amount. Wouldn't go back. Love my wife and kids.

She handles the Mike's, the Steve's, and the Strike's in addition to the Bill's. And yes, she does know how to cook a good meal too.

How many Bills does she "handle"?

Phayle. :(

During the summer my wife and kids spend a good amount of time at the beach while Im home working. As long as I have my dog Im very happy.

Same. I can hermit like nobodies business as long as I have a dog.

:pointstosky:

Having kids is fantastic I'm told by everyone. I'm sure it is but thanks no thanks, I'm good with my freedom :thumbsup:

I wouldn't ever say fantastic. More like good and bad, ups and downs. Just like anything else. The positives usually far out weigh the negatives, but you'll definitely be in for one h3ll of a ride.

Now grandkids. That's the part that's just flat out fantatic.

:pointstosky:

Having kids is fantastic I'm told by everyone. I'm sure it is but thanks no thanks, I'm good with my freedom :thumbsup:

This is what people say to mask the misery and trick you into joining them. It’s god awful and I pray it never happens to me. Thankfully, hanging out with other people’s kids has made my wife cool off on her media manufactured notion that she HAS to have one some day.

This is what people say to mask the misery and trick you into joining them. It’s god awful and I pray it never happens to me. Thankfully, hanging out with other people’s kids has made my wife cool off on her media manufactured notion that she HAS to have one some day.

As Kopy said, having kids isn't all roses, it is ups and downs. But it is the biggest ups and downs you can have. Belly laughs like you've never had, crying like you've never had, pride, disappointment, happiness, sadness, joy, fear... it's what makes life, well... life. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

This is what people say to mask the misery and trick you into joining them. Its god awful and I pray it never happens to me. Thankfully, hanging out with other peoples kids has made my wife cool off on her media manufactured notion that she HAS to have one some day.

Oh, your wife wants kids - just not with you.

Trust me. We are all thankful that you have chosen not to procreate. :thumbsup:

??

:dunno:

I was taught not to have sex unless you were in love and in a long term relationship.

I was taught not to have sex unless you were in love and in a long term relationship.

I've been in love many times. Long term would need to be defined...Dinner AND a movie?

They lied to you. :(

Were you taught that BJs keep men around long term? :dunno:

Really, the older the woman is, the easier it is to date. In a way, guys somewhat have it easier today than they ever have... providing the women they are targeting are 35+. Young guys, I really feel sorry for them unless they're cougar hunting. On that front, they're golden.

Really, the older the woman is, the easier it is to date. In a way, guys somewhat have it easier today than they ever have... providing the women they are targeting are 35+. Young guys, I really feel sorry for them unless they're cougar hunting. On that front, they're golden.

Forget that MAW are awful

I thought the same thing. Then I got laid. Thank god that happened sooner rather than later.

It's always been that way with every generation. Girls 18-25 are sexy and in prime demand, guys that age are in deep debt or college or working some crappy entry level job.

Ten years later, the boy has a good job and some stability while the girl has put on 15 pounds, is less hot, hearing her biological clock chime, and grumbling about the boy chasing 18-25 year olds while she has a better job as well.

I made a promise to myself that once my youngest daughter is married and out of the house, my wife is a goner.

She does little to nothing around the house and hasn't worked in over 6 years.

Yeah, I'll be just fine single.

• Like 1

I made a promise to myself that once my youngest daughter is married and out of the house, my wife is a goner.

How old is your youngest daughter?

Damn. Long time to live that way...Good luck. :(

Thanks.

My oldest is almost 7. It was quite the struggle when the 4 year old was born. I worked 2 jobs for almost 3 years.

Now I have a much better gig so I dumped the 2nd job. I figured if I could manage those first few years during the hard times, the next 15 years during better times should be easier.

Obviously I'd be devastated if my wife and kid left tomorrow but I'll reply in the spirit of this post.

I'd absolutely kill it being single. I work between 45 and 55 hours a week (closer to 45 most weeks), make a decent amount of money, but grew up poor as fock. I'd be perfectly content in a 700sq ft apartment with a TV wall, a decent set of cookware, and decent furniture. I'm funny, not hideous looking (although I'd definitely get more fit), and can hold a conversation on just about anything with anyone.

I'd go out 2 or 3 nights a week and spend the other nights watching/betting on sports, playing video games, and cooking. I'd have a housecleaner come in once a week and I'd drop my laundry off to be done for me. I would be a regular in Vegas (6 or so trips a year) and take an overseas vacation each year. I would also donate quite a bit more of my time to a charity I currently work with and really believe in.

As good as that sounds, I'm much happier with the life I have now and wouldn't change it for anything.

• Like 1

Wow, how sad. Do you guys bump uglies any more? I can't imagine living like that. :(

Also, my brother used to have a similar attitude. His wife used to take a scorched earth approach to arguing and apparently said some things which he found unforgivable at the time. But... over time she mellowed as most people do, and by all indications they get along fine now. Their youngest is in college and they are moving to Vegas for a long-term construction project he is working on sometime next year (they are currently in FL).

I think a common thread about men is that most of us really don't care to spend much time at home. With kids it's different, but without them, I'd eat and sleep there, and that's about it.

Wow, how sad. Do you guys bump uglies any more? I can't imagine living like that. :(

Also, my brother used to have a similar attitude. His wife used to take a scorched earth approach to arguing and apparently said some things which he found unforgivable at the time. But... over time she mellowed as most people do, and by all indications they get along fine now. Their youngest is in college and they are moving to Vegas for a long-term construction project he is working on sometime next year (they are currently in FL).

Occasionally, I give her the D about once a week sometimes once every 2 weeks. I'm always the one saying "I have a headache".

She also has that "scorched earth" mentality, so I don't even argue anymore. I figure I don't care enough about her to have the argument in the first place.

She's a halfway decent mom, so I can deal with it. As long as I can see that finish line, I'm good.

Occasionally, I give her the D about once a week sometimes once every 2 weeks. I'm always the one saying "I have a headache".

She also has that "scorched earth" mentality, so I don't even argue anymore. I figure I don't care enough about her to have the argument in the first place.

She's a halfway decent mom, so I can deal with it. As long as I can see that finish line, I'm good.

I went thru something similar years ago. You might want to give some thought to gettting out now. You can still be a part of your kids lives without having to completely give up your own.

Life is too short to live in that kinda misery.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Can size?

I went thru something similar years ago. You might want to give some thought to gettting out now. You can still be a part of your kids lives without having to completely give up your own.

Life is too short to live in that kinda misery.

Best wishes.

Thanks, but it's a tad more complicated.

We recently moved from Illinois to Wisconsin. All of her family is still in Illinois. If we split, she'd head back there and seeing the kids would be difficult for me.

I'm still relatively young, but we'll see what the future holds.

I can see this for me. Wife not working...im not happy....one kid in college...other is in 11th grade.

Im not sure how much longer Im still in it.

Its not fun.

Geezus, your wives don't have to work?????

I don't know anyone that is a stay at home mom.

God bless the way you were raised.

Geezus, your wives don't have to work?????

I don't know anyone that is a stay at home mom.

God bless the way you were raised.

Mine doesnt, but chooses to. Its good for both our sanity.

I think if your kid doesnt pick up on your antipathy toward your wife now she will Im not too long and thats the marriage youll be modeling for her.

MY wife had been a professional in the commercial real estate/construction business as a project manager when I met her. Mad good money but it was just brutal hours, like on the job all her waking life with next to no free time. She gave that up when she got married and was a SAHM for seven years. Then, after the third kid and rather than kick out the fourth that she'd promised which was my before we got married which was my minimum to marry her, she got the itch to get back to working so went onto teaching with me and we started our school which is now in the final stages of being legal and professional and having it's own office space and looking like a real school rather than the pennyante school run out of our house, then living room of a rental apartment it always has been.

• Like 1