Sign in to follow this  
Escaped Mental Patient

Live Auction League (KANSAS CITY) needs one owner

I'm the commish of a live auction league in Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City suburb), a 10 team redraft competition entering our 10th season. We've experienced very low owner turnover over the years, but out of the blue, I was informed last night by one of our original owners that he will not be returning this season (he's moving to Chicago). We would like to fill this vacancy with an experienced, enthusiastic player who lives in the KC area and is available for our annual auction on Tuesday night, August 26. (The auction date is not necessarily set in stone, though. If you'd like to join and that night won't work for you, we may be able to work with you.)

General description:

1. $40 fee (pay on auction night), all of which goes to the prize fund except for the myfantasyleague site fee: 1st place = $150, 2nd = $79, 3rd = $40, 4th = $30, etc.

2. 10 teams, 6 go to the playoffs

3. 13 game regular season with 5 double header weeks (all owners play everyone else twice)

4. Roster size: 17 players

5. Starting lineup requirements: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 D/ST

6. Performance scoring (20 pass yds = 1 pt, 10 rush/rec yds = 1 pt, passing TD = 4 pts, other TDs = 6 pts, etc.)

7. Blind bidding waivers each week

8. Complete scoring rules are here: http://football36.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=32783&O=09

9. Complete league rues are here: http://football36.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=32783&O=26

This is a very fun league, with savvy owners who like to kid around. Most of the owners have been participating since our first or second year. Definitely the funnest night of the year at our house. :thumbsup:

If you live in the KC area and are interested in a fun challenge, or if you have questions, please email me via this site. Thanks.