Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

How do you like your coffee? Definitely not black!

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Devil's Advocate, just buy a damn small coffee or a cookie or any damn thing and sidestep the whole problem. But I've seen people set up shop and spend hours upon hours in there. This was definitely a case of white fright.

I'd like to know exactly how long they were there. I mean for Pete's sake, if you're waiting more than half an hour for a friend, and you agreed to meet at a coffee place, what's the problem with ordering some coffee?

I didnt watch the video, but it looks like there was a black police officer there. If he agreed to move forward with arresting the guys, obviously it was legit.

Its almost as if the employee(s) had seen this happen before.

Yeah, perhaps everyday all day. In their defense they are all waiting on a friend.
  • Like 1

I'm not saying that's the case here. But Ive talked to a lot of restaurant managers and owners and service industry folks. One of the inherent problems is that when black folks go out to eat? It's a freaking all afternoon event. They want constant refills, the tables aren't generating any more Revenue, and generally, as racist as it sounds? They don't really know how to act right. They treat the staff like and they tip pretty badly.

Everybody knows the key in a restaurant is turnover. You can't book one table for 10 people for 4 hours.

I would virtually guarantee you that some of these big settlements? Denny's, Cracker Barrel, Etc? There's a lot of that going on.

But hey, we can't talk about that.

There is nothing more blatantly racist than a black person ordering food at a Chinese takeout joint in the ghetto. Even the good luck dollars have racist things written on them. "Good luck Ching- Chong".

They should have shot those focking freeloaders.

Black. But not at Starbucks. That sh1ts nasty.

Starbucks doesn't carry Hi-C or Grape Soda.

What about Watermelon?

Starbucks doesn't carry Hi-C or Grape Soda.

How the fock do you know this?

Turns out Starbucks IS racist.

I have a friend that manages a restaurant at a vacation/resort beach that supports black bike week. Every year they close the business for that particular week for "renovations".

Apparently black bikers are not a good customer base.

I have a friend that manages a restaurant at a vacation/resort beach that supports black bike week. Every year they close the business for that particular week for "renovations".

Coincidentally, they've changed the name of that week to stolen bike week. :o

• Like 1

Yup, happens in Galveston

Also strange that something like this happened in an ultra-liberal establishment, like Starbucks. Im guessing theres more to the story.

My guess is that the manager wanted them to leave because they used the bathroom and didn't buy anything. That's a big no-no in some places.

Manager calls the cops because what else can he do, right? Cops show up question the guys. They probably start acting like smart asses a little so the cops get pissed and want to arrest them even though it should have never gotten that far.

Bottom line:

They used the facilities without buying something. It's perfectly in the manager's rights to ask them to leave private property. It's also probably true if they were white guys in suits, he wouldn't have said shìt.

Cops are kind of jammed up. These guys are tresspassing on private property at this point and refuse to leave. What are they supposed to do?

Lots of wrong to go around most likely.

of course the ass starbucks CEO is apologizing like a crazy man

I am sure the employees did their job, 2 guys (color doesn't matter) sitting there for 30 mins and nothing ordered, and the manager goes over and says hey if you guys are going to hang out here you need to order something or leave. They say we are waiting for a friend, manager says ok, 15 mins later no friend, no order, manager comes back and says you guys are going to have to leave, they refuse and still don't buy anything. Manager says, I am going to have to call the police then if you won't leave and you are trespassing, nig 1 says yah f the po-po

This is how easy this bor, board is. Drink blacj, add what you like make it what you like. So complicated. But y you all stil suck

It will be interesting to see what their official policy changes to. I'm assuming all Starbucks will become purchase free zones.

I get that its unfair but this is a product of black people basically ruining the service industry for anything they touch aside from foot locker. They tip badly, act loud and in appropriate, menace other customers and harass women. Hell even hookers usually have a no blacks policy. Hookers! These guys may not have been doing any wrong but cmon its common sense dont loiter unless you gonna buy at least a cup of coffee. Its just common decency. That said, I dont think an arrest was necessary except Im sure they were resisting and getting confrontational when asked to leave.

I get that its unfair but this is a product of black people basically ruining the service industry for anything they touch aside from foot locker. They tip badly, act loud and in appropriate, menace other customers and harass women. Hell even hookers usually have a no blacks policy. Hookers! These guys may not have been doing any wrong but cmon its common sense dont loiter unless you gonna buy at least a cup of coffee. Its just common decency. That said, I dont think an arrest was necessary except Im sure they were resisting and getting confrontational when asked to leave.

I don't know if it was directed at the cops or the Starbucks workers, but the blacks were telling them that they were only a 45k a year employee. Nice guys.

And you will be told yoir common sense is white privledged common sense.

S eriousky

Hookers have a no blacks policy so they dont get stretched out too badly

Or at least thats how it appears from pron vids :dunno:

I think theres some truth here. On the other hand I see people with laptops opened apparently full on working at starbucks for hours. Unless theyre buying a cup of coffee on the hour I see no reason to charge these guys for sitting for 30 minutes while waiting for a friend. And certainly no call to arrest them.

I think theres some truth here. On the other hand I see people with laptops opened apparently full on working at starbucks for hours. Unless theyre buying a cup of coffee on the hour I see no reason to charge these guys for sitting for 30 minutes while waiting for a friend. And certainly no call to arrest them.

the call to arrest them was made after multiple warnings and asking them to leave

Always drink my coffee black. Frappes, mochas, lattes, etc are different. But straight coffee? Yea its gonna be straight black. Use the French press with fresh ground coffee beans makes it taste better but not above using my keurig

The more I think about this, yeah the optics are suspicious, but, the more I think the black guys were wrong. You're on someone else's property. The proprietor asks you to leave and you don't. The proprietor has to call the police. The police ask you to leave and you don't.

What are people supposed to do? Beg you to leave or buy something? This ain't a free office for you to hold meetings.

So, the term of the day is White Privilege.

But I'm thinking about this with me and my friends.

If there's WP, then there's definitely White Guilt.

Otherwise known as being raised right.

If we're in that situation, one of us at least is glancing around, seeing the dirty looks and saying

"Hey, lots of people giving us the stank eye, we better order something."

And....scene.

Lots of black folks been raised right too, so it ain't especially racial,

but these days, it's almost like these guys (in the story) are DARING whitey to make an issue - of anything.

We got a lot of effed up chiit human- and civil-rights-wise in this country.

Getting the stink eye at Starbucks while making fun of service employees? -

- Ain't one of them.

I can't wait for the Messicans and Asians, who by and large, are just keeping their heads down, paying their bills and moving on up the class ladder - take over.

Gonna be hard times 'fo sho' for all these cvnts trying to blame their socio-economic blah blah for their not acting right.

Hookers have a no blacks policy so they dont get stretched out too badly

Or at least thats how it appears from pron vids :dunno:

Its not necessarily that. Its just well known among them that blacks are prone to violence, confrontation, bad tipping etc. Just dangerous clients not worth the risk. It really sucks, I wish equality could be a realistic thing but the cultural negatives that have been engrained into them for generations just make this unlikely on a large scale. There will always be justified reasons to cross the street, keep a hand on the gun, be wary, have policy against them etc.

Also let me clarify this is only on a large scale, not a person to person basis. I am not racist at all, I simply acknowledge facts, statistics and reason. Profiling is important too, if its a normal looking well kept and dressed black person theres no worry.

At the McDonalds in Hong Kong, it is apparently a policy that nobody will ever be asked to leave. Ever.

And housing prices there being what they are, if you go to McDonalds at night, you will see a bunch of people who sleep there. Every night.

Actually, places like McDs are a Haven for the elderly in some places.

Its just a cheap way to get out of the house and be with people.

I think it's kind of sweet. And there's always plenty of room at those places especially during the day in non lunch hours.

the call to arrest them was made after multiple warnings and asking them to leave

Im saying if they were dressed a certain way and possibly if they were white they probably wouldnt have been asked to leave in the first place. They certainly wouldnt have been cuffed and removed.

Always drink my coffee black. Frappes, mochas, lattes, etc are different. But straight coffee? Yea its gonna be straight black. Use the French press with fresh ground coffee beans makes it taste better but not above using my keurig

I drink it black. But not ghey so I dont drink the other stuff you mention.