Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Cowboys talk

Love the tweets going around:

On Sunday, Jay Gruden beat the Cowboys

On Monday, John Gruden beat the Cowboys

Ladies and gentlemen, your Dallas Cowboys...taking L's to both the Gruden brothers in less than 24 hours.

Love the tweets going around:

On Sunday, Jay Gruden beat the Cowboys

On Monday, John Gruden beat the Cowboys

Ladies and gentlemen, your Dallas Cowboys...taking L's to both the Gruden brothers in less than 24 hours.

Funny, but true Cowboy fans know that usually the only thing that beats the Cowboys are either the Refs or the Cowboys themselves. :P

OK...it's rare, but they do get beat by other teams from time to time. :dunno:

The NFL is simply entertainment, and we're getting quite the show this year. :lol:

Ultimately, I think Cooper will help the offensive balance. We shall see.

But by all means, a 1st round pick was far too much and the wrong approach to the solution IMO.

Funny, but true Cowboy fans know that usually the only thing that beats the Cowboys are either the Refs or the Cowboys themselves. :P

OK...it's rare, but they do get beat by other teams from time to time. :dunno:

Huh, I think August 8th, AKA "Dallas Cowboys Day" says otherwise...

get it...8-8... :lol:

2 WEEKS........2 weeks you had to prepare for a Titans team that had not only lost 3 in a row - but Buffalo was one of the losses... And this is the dog shiit you put out there - at Home, on Monday Night? Really???

I don't even know where to start.

* Dak throwing pathetic end zone pick on 2nd down..... Dak (STILL) not seeing wide open wrs.... Dak fumbling the ball (AGAIN).. Dak overthrowing a wide open Beasley by 8 yards for 6 pts.

* Red Doofus and Linehan not calling 1 single run/option play.... Even though Dak's strength is being on the move and even though we win when Dak carries the ball - those idiots forget it's in the playbook.

* Red Doofus and Linehan waiting until the 4th qtr., down 14, with 4 minutes left - to finally take shots downfield.

* La'el Collins getting TWO False Start penalties..........at HOME!

* 2 turnovers on their side of the field - and you walk away with 7 pts.

* Red Doofus (once again) failing to make half time adjustments.

* Pathetic pass protection by this overrated line (again).

* Mariota threading needles thru 3 defenders bcoz our safeties suck.

And the Atom Bomb of the day, the news that will sink this franchise for another 8 years if true: Jerry said he WILL extend Dak. :doh:

Cruzer and other Cowboy fans, let me start with: I feel your pain.

Long time Raider Fan here. Nuff said.

Admittedly my only vested interest is I own Zeke and got to to say so with many of your takes, for me in particular:

90+ scrimmage yards in first half and you give Zek SIX touches in second half?!

You line up in RPO on the GL or run a sweep when Zeke's strenght is to just get head of steam and run downhill?

This sounds counter-intuitive to not giving Zeke touches...but jeez let's get more creative than Dives between the tackles on EVERY first down? Mix it up every now and then and stay out of 2nd and longs, give Dak (who admittedly has his own issues), some chance to succeed.

Which all ties in to main point...WTF are Jarret and Lenihan doing?!

WTF are Jarret and Lenihan doing?!

According to Garrett - it's all part of the Process. :D

• Like 1

According to Garrett - it's all part of the Process. :D

LOL, Per Gruden, Raiders essentially doing the same. Course he doesn't expect yield from that process till the move to Vegas and he's 5-6 years into is ridiculous 10 year deal but I digress

And the Atom Bomb of the day, the news that will sink this franchise for another 8 years if true: Jerry said he WILL extend Dak. :doh:

this. i understand why he refused to talk about a coaching change, because it would undermine everything. but the definite extension talk was completely unnecessary, and had the ring of pure jerry honesty.

tyron, frederick, martin, zeke, cooper, lee, jaylon, Dlaw, etc. all just found out that they will never reach a SB.

• Like 1

LOL, Per Gruden, Raiders essentially doing the same. Course he doesn't expect yield from that process till the move to Vegas and he's 5-6 years into is ridiculous 10 year deal but I digress

except the raiders are gaining a huge draft haul, while DAL is giving away picks and committing a ton of money to guys who will be completely limited by the QB position for the next 5 years.

it's going to be gailey/campo hell all over again.

this. i understand why he refused to talk about a coaching change, because it would undermine everything. but the definite extension talk was completely unnecessary, and had the ring of pure jerry honesty.

tyron, frederick, martin, zeke, cooper, lee, jaylon, Dlaw, etc. all just found out that they will never reach a SB.

Maybe they can trade Dak to the Raiders for Carr and throw in their 2nd rounder just for grins?!

:lol:

Maybe they can trade Dak to the Raiders for Carr and throw in their 2nd rounder just for grins?!

:lol:

I would take Carr so fast it would make the freckles off Red's face slide off.

except the raiders are gaining a huge draft haul, while DAL is giving away picks and committing a ton of money to guys who will be completely limited by the QB position for the next 5 years.

it's going to be gailey/campo hell all over again.

I hear ya man, that sucks. Not to hijack thread, but honestly I'm likely not to be a fan by time they get to Vegas, as hard as that is for me to say, this regime has shown NO loyalty to the Oakland Fan Base, putting all their chips in for Vegas, so why should we show any?

I would take Carr so fast it would make the freckles off Red's face slide off.

This actually made me laugh out loud. :lol:

WTF was that? If it's possible to be pissed off after a win, you know I can do it. :D

But seriously, it took Abbott & Costello's heads being in the guillotine before they opened up the playbook?? It took Red hearing about Lincoln Riley before his stupid ass FINALLY played to win instead of playing not to lose??

* Going for it on 4th down - now you do it, where was that in the Houston game when you had a chance to win the damn game?
* Fake punts.
* Called/designed runs by Dak.
* Throwing it downfield................before the last 4 minutes of a game down 14.
* Zeke involved in the passing game, screens galore.
* And perhaps the most glaring noticeable difference, PASSING ON 1ST DOWN!

Where has all this been, why has it taken 4 freaking years to see this? ........ And yes, I'm still not sold on Dak. He was good in spurts last night, but he's dreadfully awful in too many spots too.

WTF was that? If it's possible to be pissed off after a win, you know I can do it. :D

But seriously, it took Abbott & Costello's heads being in the guillotine before they opened up the playbook?? It took Red hearing about Lincoln Riley before his stupid ass FINALLY played to win instead of playing not to lose??

* Going for it on 4th down - now you do it, where was that in the Houston game when you had a chance to win the damn game?

* Fake punts.

* Called/designed runs by Dak.

* Throwing it downfield................before the last 4 minutes of a game down 14.

* Zeke involved in the passing game, screens galore.

* And perhaps the most glaring noticeable difference, PASSING ON 1ST DOWN!

Where has all this been, why has it taken 4 freaking years to see this? ........ And yes, I'm still not sold on Dak. He was good in spurts last night, but he's dreadfully awful in too many spots too. How many wide ass open guys is he going to miss?

Dak isn't a starting QB in terms of throwing the ball. He doesn't have the vision to throw the ball before a guy completely finishes his route, which gives DBs time to recover and leads to stupid sacks....and if he does get the throw off, it's a coin toss as to whether it will be catchable. I am rooting for him, but he looks like a top of the line backup QB for a decade to me.........................The one qualifier being.....If we had a modern offensive system that used Dak's running ability and was designed for the passing game to fool defenses on occasion and get guys open (as opposed to forcing the WRs to win one on one matchups), maybe Dak works out.

That said....Zeke is a beast and I'm actually of the opinion that the move for Amari Cooper was solid. I get that people think Dallas overpaid, and it's likely nobody else was going to offer a 1st for him. But at the same time, you got him. And he looks like he would be a top 10 WR in the league if he had a solid passing QB. I feel like he is someone that is going to play for crappy offenses until he is 28, then he will sign with someone and reel off 4 years of 1,500 yards and 13 TDs.

Dak isn't a starting QB in terms of throwing the ball. He doesn't have the vision to throw the ball before a guy completely finishes his route, which gives DBs time to recover and leads to stupid sacks....

This is exactly right.. Many took Aikman for granted bcoz of Emmitt and co...but Aikman was one of the best ever at throwing to a "spot", throwing before the wr got to where Troy expected him to be. Dak has not concept of what that means.

Dak is also stuck in college mode.. They say there's a difference between open in college and open in the NFL - Dak has to have them college open to feel comfortable. We see this in terms of sacks and such - he holds it too damn long.

As far as Amari, no question he's a special talent... If he only had a legit qb to get him the ball, he'd be spectacular... But as usual, the Boys do Cart Before the Horse stuff rather than things that make sense.

And yes, I'm still not sold on Dak. He was good in spurts last night, but he's dreadfully awful in too many spots too.

dak's weaknesses all showed up last night: failure to anticipate, inaccurate throws, locking in on primary reads, not seeing the whole field, holding onto the ball too long, antsy in the pocket, but but it was compensated for by the zekesplosion and cooper's ability to just clown DBs.

dak's weaknesses all showed up last night: failure to anticipate, inaccurate throws, locking in on primary reads, not seeing the whole field, holding onto the ball too long, antsy in the pocket, but but it was compensated for by the zekesplosion and cooper's ability to just clown DBs.

Dak is not the future of the cowboys. Not a winning future that is.

Late to the party, but that was a nice game played by the Cowboys. Zeke was a man on a mission and the defense kept the Eagles offense in check.

Wow, I didnt think Dak looked bad last night. I missed the first half but he looked good in the second. Looked decisive and was very accurate. 26 for 36 for 275. One td passing and runn8ng ;102 qb rating

Totally agree.... But maybe the most alarming to me still - is how many wide ass open guys he misses. And I don't mean he misses by a little bit, he flat out airmails or doinks them in the feet.

I'm being serious here..........how damn good would this offense be if we had even Kirk Cousins?

And lastly - anyone miss Connor Williams being out? Yea, me neither - hopefully he takes his time recovering.

Credit where credit is due.......big (solid) win by the Boys. :thumbsup:

* Atlanta is reeling, but still - they are tough at home. And up till y-day, had been hanging 30 in their dome.
* This defense is legit. Vander Esch is a stud but even more than that (maybe) - has been the addition of Kris Richard. He has single handedly given this defense an identity.
* Dak was solid, had a sure TD that Beasley flat out dropped.... But he's still holding the ball too damn long, still chunking it up or grabs when panicked - but the last drive was fantastic.
* I'll say it again, where in the FOCK has this sense of urgency/offense been? Why has it taken 4 1/2 years and Red & Linehan's head on the block to finally see this side of it???

There is no way in hell Jerry fires Red now, especially with the Division falling into his lap... But if "this" is the Jason Garrett we will see going forward, I can live with it............. But that's a big if

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/26/randy-gregory-suspended-indefinitely-for-substance-abuse-violation/

Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory is back on the suspended list.

Per multiple reports, the NFL has suspended Gregory indefinitely for violating the league’s substance abuse policy as well as the conditions of his reinstatement from a previous suspension. There was word of a violation last September, but Gregory recorded six sacks in 14 regular season games and saw action in both playoff games for the Cowboys last season.

Gregory was reinstated last summer after serving a one-year suspension that kept him off the field for the entire 2017 season. He was also suspended for a total of 14 games during the 2016 season for other violations of the same policy.

UfDFIZu.gif