Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Corey Davis- ugh

Wanted to revisit this thread from a couple weeks ago...I currently have him and started him last week due to bye week of my other player...

Curious if anyone who kept saying wait and see are still feeling that way? Since his “good “ week 4 game he has done squat.

Stats. Tar. Rec. Yds. TDS

Wk 4. 15. 9. 161. 1

Wk 5. 6. 4. 49. 0

Wk 6. 4. 1. 24. 0

Wk 7. 7. 3. 10. 0

Admittedly I have not watched any Tenn games except last week when they played in London....Did not look promising and now it looks like sharpe is going to eat into any targets that might have gone to Davis. Sharpe looked a lot better imo..

At this point I don’t see how you can keep “waiting” for the payoff... does anyone else feel the same at this point?

No guarantee it turns out the same but waiting for him reminds me a little bit of young Dez..............always over - rated relative to production early in his career and he would take 2 steps forward and a step and half back..............seem to break out and then disappear.

CD had Hayward on him this week so he wasn't ever gonna be the correct read most of the game despite seeing some "experts" recommending him as a top start for the week, but he also dropped the opportunities he had.............tough waiting for sure.

The problem might be more with Mariota and the Titans O than with him. That offense looks like it's playing in quicksand. He's worth stashing if you have the room in case they ever figure it out, but I wouldn't hesitate to cut him if you had to make a move.

No guarantee it turns out the same but waiting for him reminds me a little bit of young Dez..............always over - rated relative to production early in his career and he would take 2 steps forward and a step and half back..............seem to break out and then disappear.

CD had Hayward on him this week so he wasn't ever gonna be the correct read most of the game despite seeing some "experts" recommending him as a top start for the week, but he also dropped the opportunities he had.............tough waiting for sure.

Unfortunately the drops are what stuck out to me...not to mention how that whole offense looked.

would you drop Davis for W. Fuller or Tre Smith?

I won't say I feel amazing about dropping him, but I'm certainly not having dropper's remorse.

Unfortunately the drops are what stuck out to me...not to mention how that whole offense looked.

would you drop Davis for W. Fuller or Tre Smith?

I'm not saying you shouldn't, but I would not. I prefer guys who should get a high number of targets (C.D. does unless he has an elite CB shadowing) as opposed to those who get fewer deeper targets. Its a matter of style and maybe how the rest of your lineup is built. Fuller seems to be fading when Coutee is on the field (he won't be this week though) and Smith's share of the NO pie is unclear.............but it certainly wouldn't shock me if either of those guys caught fire and outperformed CD, it's just not my kind of bet.

he's about to go on a stretch of 5 games where he won't see a shut down corner. he's still a hold and someone who could fill in nicely for injuries or byes over the next month.

I dropped Aaron Jones over him, I had to drop someone. I actually probably should've done the opposite and kept Jones.

I've only started Davis once, it's been frustrating.