Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Chubb's value

I think Edelman is definitely safer if you play in ppr, in standard I'd still go Chubb.

Does anyone agree with me that the Browns safer runner today is Duke? If you don’t, explain your reasoning so we Chubb owners can all weigh and consider.

I thought I was explaining it, but I'll try again: In ppr its Duke no question about it. In standard its Chubb easily. Much better chance to score and more touches unless the game gets out of hand, which is unlikely since Tampa has a much worse defense than Cle. In half ppr its a coin flip, can't say one is safer than the other.

Does anyone agree with me that the Browns safer runner today is Duke? If you don’t, explain your reasoning so we Chubb owners can all weigh and consider.

I really don't believe the Browns traded Hyde because they want to ride with Duke. They felt the need to not only acquire Hyde and then Draft Chubb in the offseason knowing Duke was on the team already. Duke is a great change of pace, receiving back and I could definitely see a game script that enables him to have a great day. However this deal was all about Chubb. I think it is obvious Chubb is the better play today especially in a standard format.

If it helps I am a current resident of Cleveland and have been listening to sports radio here and read the sports this morning, and the take of the sports people here is the trade was made to open up opportunities for both of them.

I really don't believe the Browns traded Hyde because they want to ride with Duke. They felt the need to not only acquire Hyde and then Draft Chubb in the offseason knowing Duke was on the team already. Duke is a great change of pace, receiving back and I could definitely see a game script that enables him to have a great day. However this deal was all about Chubb. I think it is obvious Chubb is the better play today especially in a standard format.

Good distinction you made.....standard vs ppr

So, maybe play Duke in ppr, play Chubb in standard. I would be shocked if Duke didn’t catch 6 or more passes today.

Duke is officially listed as the starter, but the spin is this is for seniority not gameplan, and Chubb still expected to get the most carries.

Ros of the way it's Chubb easily, but for this matchup I like Duke. Even before Hyde was traded Duke may have been a good play. The stats all indicate that you beat TB by passing to your rbs, not running with them. That's Dukes forte. The two things going for Chubb are his TD chances and McCoy is out. Both could be useful today.

Alright! Browns down by 2 TDs at the half...…...it's gotta be Chubb time! Run him-punt, repeat, repeat, repeat...……………..and have Mayfield throw 10 or so crappy passes to Landry too.

Stonewall, I wish I would have followed your advice.

Not so cut and dried to me. I would actually start Ashlon over Chubb this week, until we see for sure how things are gonna shake out.

Well look at that-the dumb okie remembered he had Njoku on the team-somebody other than Landry every pass attempt, and they got a TD.............will wonders never cease.

Down by 7, 9:30 left, let's chuck it to Landry 3 times and punt............................

Then when it’s tied he’s still throwing and throwing, like he’s Brett Favre or something. Only one carry for Chubb in OT, even though they had multiple possessions. It’s like coaches don’t realize that you can call run plays in OT. It’s not 2 minute drill part deux.

Well, I was wrong today thinking Duke was the better play today. I guess I got fooled by all my research and statistics. Maybe I do to much of that.

To repeat, Chubb is a talented runner and should impress in that area, but his pass blocking sucks. There have been many talented RBs that wound up in a RBBC or on the bench because they can't pass block. That's the problem with him.

He had 18 carries, 2 targets, and from what I saw was okay in pass protection in his first game in a featured role. He already isn't going to play in obvious passing situations where you need better pass protection. Still believe confidently that he is a nice RB2 in non full point ppr leagues.

Liked what I saw with Chubb. Brutally Strong and evasive running style. That can't be taught l....I also read somewhere that he's number one in missed tackle percentage and one in yards after contact...add this to one of the easiest schedules remaining and I'm semi-hard.