Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Elliott's fat face

Interesting they lost a couple of their linemen and that line doesn't look so great anymore and look what happens.

I tried to tell people about it in the o-line thread:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=468468&p=6010113

They looked great in week one against what will likely be a very ordinary Giant team. Denver's weakness was supposed to be against the run but clearly they sold out to stop Zeke today. I firmly believe any team with a good offense and good defense is going to be tough for the Cowboys because their defense is pretty bad, and the offense isn't as potent as last years version because of the drop off in line talent.

Good week to try and grab him at a discount

Does this ever work? Does anybody sell off their stud on the cheap after one bad week?

I firmly believe any team with a good offense and good defense is going to be tough for the Cowboys

I firmly believe most teams would struggle against teams with a good offense and good defense.

Second that.

Does this ever work? Does anybody sell off their stud on the cheap after one bad week?

With a looming suspension? You bet.

• Like 2

zeke looked like a swelled up toad frog

signed cowboys fan.

Groundhog day......Ive mentioned this b4. Danny White made 3 straight NFC Championships and lost all 3 he is considered a Cowboy failure. Still that is the final 4 of the entire NFL. Dallas hasn't been to a NFC championship since 1995 and folks are lining up to buy tickets, merchandise etc. so stupid.

Groundhog day.....

Dallas offense looked confused. I think they got wayyyyyy outcoached. Denver was hungry at home and Dallas was still feasting on their big opening win against their nemesis, the Giants. I'm sure Dallas and Zeke will rebound somewhat next week.

I firmly believe most teams would struggle against teams with a good offense and good defense.

Great teams beat good teams. What I'm saying is that despite their record last year, the hype that surrounds them and their fans incessant belief that "we're winning the SB this year", this really isn't that good of a team. The offensive line WAS the best in football, but it has a way to go and will get beat up by good defenses. The defense is smoke and mirrors, they just look great against bad teams. After two weeks Philly still looks like the class of the division.

Great teams beat good teams. What I'm saying is that despite their record last year, the hype that surrounds them and their fans incessant belief that "we're winning the SB this year", this really isn't that good of a team. The offensive line WAS the best in football, but it has a way to go and will get beat up by good defenses. The defense is smoke and mirrors, they just look great against bad teams. After two weeks Philly still looks like the class of the division.

It's just another NFC East season. Anyone could win the division.

They looked great in week one against what will likely be a very ordinary Giant team. Denver's weakness was supposed to be against the run but clearly they sold out to stop Zeke today. I firmly believe any team with a good offense and good defense is going to be tough for the Cowboys because their defense is pretty bad, and the offense isn't as potent as last years version because of the drop off in line talent.

Not disagreeing. But it's also difficult to run when your coaches decide to try to beat the Broncos through the air almost from the start of the game. All that five wide spread crap. It's like their game plan was to 'beat them at their own game' to try to prove something. Dallas coaches decided to turn the game into a masturbation fest and lost instead.

This is one of the worst coaching job i've seen.

Why would any coaching staff go away from the strength (power football) and play into their opponent's strength (rushing passer) ALL GAME LONG????!?!

It's like owning Drew Brees and Randy Moss on the same team and decide to run the ball 60 times with a 32 year old Frank Gore!!!! WTF is going on?!?!

The game was brutal to watch as a NFL fan and understand how the games work.

Not disagreeing. But it's also difficult to run when your coaches decide to try to beat the Broncos through the air almost from the start of the game. All that five wide spread crap. It's like their game plan was to 'beat them at their own game' to try to prove something. Dallas coaches decided to turn the game into a masturbation fest and lost instead.

The ironic part is that Garrett threw Dak under the bus about his passing after calling a game where Zeke ran 9 times. :nono:

The ironic part is that Garrett threw Dak under the bus about his passing after calling a game where Zeke ran 9 times. :nono:

Didn't see/hear those comments, but that's typical Cowboys.

Sad to see that Dez wasted all his good years on that team.

Anyone see LT put Zeke on blast last night on NFL Network? Said he "Quit his team" and highlighted him not even trying to pursue a Denver d-back running with an interception.

Dallas media is flaming him pretty good too.

That ordinary Giants team still has a really good defense. But yea, the win was nothing to write home about. Dallas should be fine. Not as good as last year, but should compete in the division.

Anyone see LT put Zeke on blast last night on NFL Network? Said he "Quit his team" and highlighted him not even trying to pursue a Denver d-back running with an interception.

Dallas media is flaming him pretty good too.

Peter King MMQB has a good quote on it, complete with gif of Zeke with hands on hips after the INT. King says Elliot deserves discipline from the Cowboys.

Peter King MMQB has a good quote on it, complete with gif of Zeke with hands on hips after the INT. King says Elliot deserves discipline from the Cowboys.

This...

I covered this is in my "Rate My..5 Thoughts" thread...not posting it. This guy is a showboat, and clearly benefited from the O-line...which took a hit this year...but none of the experts here factor that in before they king him.

If he'd at least made the tackle I'd have been okay with him eating his cereal on the field...but he didn't. Biggest bust of the year. And I still stand by those that got him as a RB2 will be cursing him by week 5. I just hope he didn't beat a woman last night in his roid rage...douche!

This...

I covered this is in my "Rate My..5 Thoughts" thread...not posting it. This guy is a showboat, and clearly benefited from the O-line...which took a hit this year...but none of the experts here factor that in before they king him.

If he'd at least made the tackle I'd have been okay with him eating his cereal on the field...but he didn't. Biggest bust of the year. And I still stand by those that got him as a RB2 will be cursing him by week 5. I just hope he didn't beat a woman last night in his roid rage...douche!

Lol. You're not the brightest cat in the alley

• Like 1

They got shut down by a top defense, let's just take it slow. AZ is a dumpster fire, if they can't get something going next week we can start to be concerned.

This guy is a problem. Im sure you have all seen by now his "hustle" after an interception yesterday. Can't stay motivated when times are tough, and can't stay out of trouble out of the workplace. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him gone for a while. Drama queen.

They got shut down by a top defense, let's just take it slow. AZ is a dumpster fire, if they can't get something going next week we can start to be concerned.

This. Also, this isn't JV Football. Nobody should want Zeke making tackles in a non competitive game.

This. Also, this isn't JV Football. Nobody should want Zeke making tackles in a non competitive game.

Yeah. Lets start putting fine lines on when players should be making tackles. Maybe they can have a formula on present value of a player based upon coaches opinion and score and time of game. Then, if a team is out of the playoffs or not promised a win on that day, they can label which guys on the field should make tackles or not.

Yeah. Lets start putting fine lines on when players should be making tackles. Maybe they can have a formula on present value of a player based upon coaches opinion and score and time of game. Then, if a team is out of the playoffs, they can label which guys on the field should make tackles or not.

Yeah, Zeke isn't paid to make tackles.

Nobody should want Zeke making tackles in a non competitive game.

Then label me as a "nobody" (sorry, Nobody).

Is this still football? Are the WR's, QB, TE, or even o-linemen more palatable? Expendable?

Do what you are paid multi-millions to do......play football.....and, yes, that includes tackling.

Can't believe I live in a day when that even has to be said....sigh

He should attempt to make the tackle because there is more value than just the field position. There's leadership, earning your team's respect, and the fans' admiration.

Yeah, Zeke isn't paid to make tackles.

Sure. Then every offensive player should quit after an interception. So if you want to argue that he is paid to gain yards on carries, then I guess you should also think he should give some money back. How many yards did he have doing, in your eyes, what he is paid to do?

Sure. Then every offensive player should quit after an interception. So if you want to argue that he is paid to gain yards on carries, then I guess you should also think he should give some money back. How many yards did he have doing, in your eyes, what he is paid to do?

Zeke is more valuable to the Cowboys offense than any other player. He likely hasn't done a tackling drill in about 5 or more years. If he were to get injured while attempting to make a tackle, that would be a travesty.

As for respect, admiration, and the fans... that's just adorable.

Zeke is more valuable to the Cowboys offense than any other player. He likely hasn't done a tackling drill in about 5 or more years. If he were to get injured while attempting to make a tackle, that would be a travesty.

Oh yeah. He's in court battles and gains 8 yards on 9 carries. He's precious.

It's more than adorable. Zeke is in a rare position to be an individual star in the nfl. Dogging it isn't earning you any fans and it's not helping you win. Both of which are necessary to build your brand.

JJ Watt is one of the only defensive players to get in commercials because he gets that.

This guy is a problem. Im sure you have all seen by now his "hustle" after an interception yesterday. Can't stay motivated when times are tough, and can't stay out of trouble out of the workplace. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him gone for a while. Drama queen.

His hustle?

1:12 left in the game, down 3 scores at 18 pts - yea, why don't I have my 4th overall pick/franchise rb run down a meaningless INT return and risk getting hurt... As a Dallas fan, I'm glad he didn't try and do something stupid.

• Like 1