Sign in to follow this  
orcish miscreant

Drafting Help

I am in an autopick league and the draft it Wednesday. It is a PPR league and we start 2 RBs and 3 WRs. So far looks like I will be choosing between Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison in the 2nd round and Darrell Jackson or Reggie Wayne in the 3rd. I also could go with either Chester Taylor or Jamal Lewis in the 3rd or pray for one of them to fall to me in the 4th. Since I need 3 WRs and I know I am drafting a RB in the 1st, should I go WR/WR in 2nd and 3rd and hope Jamal or Chester fall to the 4th, and if so, which is the best WR combination? Harrison and Wayne both seems to be slightly safer picks, but it is hard to swallow have your top 2 WRs from the same team. Or should I grab either Moss or Harrison in the 2nd and Chester/Jamal in the 3rd to make sure I have 2 stud RBs? Thanks in advance!

Note: I am just speculating on where the players will fall, but I am fairly sure it will looks something close to what I stated.

I wouldn't call Lewis or Taylor stud RBs at this point, but I think both have a nice risk/reward factor. I'd have no problem selecting both Colts receivers for my team. If healthy, they only miss one week for you but provide 12 (regular ff season) weeks of high production. No worries.

Right now everything is speculation on your part. Go in with a plan but be flexible. I personally like getting two solid backs. While it might not be out of the question to take both colts wrs...I personally would not. You need to worry about the same bye week and what if Manning has a bad game....that now affects three of your starters. I would take chester or jamal in the third and then take the wr in the fourth. There will be some good wrs to choose from.

As Wildman said though, neither backs are a lock. Chester is highly touted by a few posters on this board. I would almost be inclined to take taylor and then explore options at the 4th round....maybe even another rb if the value is good over a wr even. Good luck.

It's best to go RB/RB/ WR. I wouldn't pick two WR's from the same team, but I were, those would be the two.