Sign in to follow this  
xenon

Cooper v Crabtree

So Cooper goes early/mid round 2 and Crabtree goes end of 3rd early 4th.

They more or less had the same stats last year (Crab with the edge on TD's) but Crab clearly had more RZ targets.

Who would you rather have and why?

In full disclosure, in a PPR with 12 pick, I can snag Cooper but I'm thinking of passing and waiting on Crabtree. That said, it's Cooper's third year and isn't the year prolific WR's usually take that leap?

people forget crabtree was a 1st rounder in SF and is only 29 and also likely to not face the top corner each week. No way i'm taking cooper where he's going when i can get the same or better a few rounds later. you may give up a few monster weeks, but crabtree will be the consistent producer.

Well, Crab has outplayed Cooper both years so far...so of course I'll take Cooper! 3rd year breakout time, it's all gonna come together for a big season one of these next couple years.

people forget crabtree was a 1st rounder in SF and is only 29 and also likely to not face the top corner each week. No way i'm taking cooper where he's going when i can get the same or better a few rounds later. you may give up a few monster weeks, but crabtree will be the consistent producer.

I agree with this ☝️ completely. Crabtree works in the redzone and Cooper does not. I would easily take Raiders top redzone threat in the mid 4th to early 5th. Cooper offers no discounts with being drafted in the late 2nd and receives less redzone targets than Seth Roberts. Cooper also will receive coverage from top CBs. Value based I would easily take Crabtree and he still might out perform Cooper.

Im all in on crabtree as I pick up players at that stage of the draft for solid proven consistency.

Crabtree has proved to me that he's good enough and he's going later so he's the better value. There's just something about Cooper having the potential to put up top 5 WR numbers that keeps him going higher. The situation reminds me of DT and Sanders. They seem to put up similar numbers each year but Sanders can be had a few rounds later. DT offers more upside though so he goes higher.

Cooper is already missing time with nagging injuries.

I thought he would be a break out this season.

I'm wondering about his heart to be a great football player.

He's good but he hasn't even been the best wr on his own team.

Crabtree is the better target.

Ok. Kept coop as a 5th round keeper. Nice value. Would u guys consider owning both.

Say Crabtree falls to me in a nice spot.

Cooper. Draft on next year's numbers, not last years. We know crabtree's ceiling. It's good, a fourth round guy. But he doesn't have the ability to outplay his draft position by much. Cooper can, and I think will. A stat I use often when evaluating WRs is catch %. The top guys will always be high 60s. Antonio brown i think is even catching 70% of his target. Cooper's not quite there, but last year, on virtually the same amount of targets as 2015, his % jumped from 55% to almost 63%. He's getting it. Carr is getting better too...seeing his completion % go from 58 to 61 to 64 last 3 years. This is the year for Cooper to fully take over the reigns and assert himself as the top guy there. All the pieces are in the place. I like cooper where he's going. You really should be asking yourself Cooper vs. a guy like Dez or TY Hilton. The only reason anybody compares Cooper to Crabtree is because they on the same team. Compare Cooper to those other guys and compare Crabtree to alshon, arob, tyreke hill, and davante adams because that's the camp he's in. His ADP according to fantasyfootballcalculator is 49 overall.

If that's the best move for you, I would see no problem in keeping both.

But you might be able to trade Cooper.