Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

LeBron and Jordan

I realize Im probably wrong but I really dont think Kobe was that great. I mean not all-time great. His production was largely a product of volume

I realize Im probably wrong but I really dont think Kobe was that great. I mean not all-time great. His production was largely a product of volume

Yep, you're wrong. But how is that anything new?

One of handful in Jordans ballpark for competitive fire. He has great averages, that makes his volume meaningful. Kareem was a volume guy as well then. I put Kobe right around top 10 but around there is tons of debate to be had.

Real debate is where do you put Steph Curry now, considering he is the all time best shooter.

Real debate is where do you put Steph Curry now, the all time best shooter?

Around Steve Nash, Jason Kidd tier. Hall of Famer, just not all time greatest conversation.

Around Steve Nash, Jason Kidd tier. Hall of Famer, just not all time greatest conversation.

Jason Kidd was never ever ever a great shooter.

1. LeGoat

2. MJ

3. Kareem

4. Magic

5. Russell

6. Wilt

7. Bird

8. Duncan

9. Shaq

10. Kobe

11. Hakeem

12. Oscar

I like this ranking.

Not true, he worked on his shot and later could hit a 3 at a decent rate. But Steph Curry may have surpassed Kidd as to be considered a better basketball player (all time).

I didnt think the question was to rank the all time greatest shooters. I took it as where does he rank all time, considering hes an all time great shooter. :dunno:

I always felt Jason Kidd was half good.

Yeah, bird was the best.

Nobody made the players around him great, as much as bird did. Except brady

Curry is a difference maker on multiple title winning team. These comparisons are absurd, they also make it tough to take your basketball input seriously.

Curry is a difference maker on multiple title winning team. These comparisons are absurd, they also make it tough to take your basketball input seriously.

Those guys aren’t chopped liver, it’s a fair stance.

Those guys arent chopped liver, its a fair stance.

Good players, not Curry's caliber.

Just stop. Jason Kidd is a career 34% three-point shooter.

And I'm saying this as a guy who loved Jason Kidd and I'm not a big Steph Curry fan. I think the way he plays is doing more harm to youth basketball then helping.

Just stop. Jason Kidd is a career 34% three-point shooter.

And I'm saying this as a guy who loved Jason Kidd and I'm not a big Steph Curry fan. I think the way he plays is doing more harm to youth basketball then helping.

Agree, it's too bad kids don't emulate the ball movement and unselfish play of the Warriors. That's the true beauty of their game.

• Like 1

I didnt think the question was to rank the all time greatest shooters. I took it as where does he rank all time, considering hes an all time great shooter. :dunno:

This is what I meant Cyclone, I wasn’t debating him among other shooters. I’m debating his place all time as a player period.

1. LeGoat

2. MJ

3. Kareem

4. Magic

5. Russell

6. Wilt

7. Bird

8. Duncan

9. Shaq

10. Kobe

11. Hakeem

12. Oscar

Swap Jordan/LeBron, swap Bird/Russel, swap Duncan/Shaq.

Jason Kidd averaged 12 points a game, I don't want to call you an idiot but, you are making it extremely difficult.

Comparing a 12 and a 14 point scorer to one of the most prolific scorers of all-time... Yeesshh.

Jason Kidd averaged 12 points a game, I don't want to call you an idiot but, you are making it extremely difficult.

Jason Kidd is like top 5 ALL TIME in assists, steals, and triple doubles in NBA history.

10 time All Star

5 time All NBA

9 time NBA All Defense

2 Time Olympian

NBA Champion

Steph will pass him if he keeps playing at a high level but damn. Yall act like Kidd is some schmuck.

Right now Steph is in the Nash, Kidd, Gary Payton tier. Thats big company. If he continues to play on at this level hell move up further and past them.

I dont think thats earth shattering commentary.

Jason Kidd is like top 5 ALL TIME in assists, steals, and triple doubles in NBA history.

10 time All Star

5 time All NBA

9 time NBA All Defense

2 Time Olympian

NBA Champion

Steph will pass him if he keeps playing at a high level but damn. Yall act like Kidd is some schmuck.

Right now Steph is in the Nash, Kidd, Gary Payton tier. Thats big company. If he continues to play on at this level hell move up further.

He tagged along for his title and anytime you add in their Olympic accomplishments you are actually hurting your argument.

I gotta quit arguing with non basketball folks, it's really pointless.

Kidd, good player, not Curry's caliber.

You mentioned tagging along. How many NBA Finals MVPs does Steph Curry own?

Ill hang up and listen.

:lol:

Like I said, I gotta quit arguing with non basketball folks.

Right now Steph is in the Nash, Kidd, Gary Payton tier. Thats big company.

Its not at all, hes being a tad dramatic. Not like your saying Chauncey billups or someone like that.

:lol:

Like I said, I gotta quit arguing with non basketball folks.

For those scoring at home. That is zero. Supposed two time MVP, has never been a FINALS MVP.

In fact Curry often fades off in the Playoffs. Andre Igoudola had to save them three years ago.

Dude is a phenomenal shooter. Great handles. Top 50 all time NBA player. But yeah, he may be the third most important player on his own team.

This is what I meant Cyclone, I wasn’t debating him among other shooters. I’m debating his place all time as a player period.

Oh ok...i gotcha..my bad.

Agree, it's too bad kids don't emulate the ball movement and unselfish play of the Warriors. That's the true beauty of their game.

Well dont spin that the wrong way. GS is amazingly unselfish, curry isnt a ballhog, just every kid thinks they are a looonngg distance three point shooter now. I see it all the time in the gym. Its crazy.

Well dont spin that the wrong way. GS is amazingly unselfish, curry isnt a ballhog, just every kid thinks they are a looonngg distance three point shooter now. I see it all the time in the gym. Its crazy.

Understood what you meant about the deep shots, trust me, my kid is 15 and plays high level travel ball. I completely get it.

It's a shame how underappreciated Curry is. Kid is special.

How is he under appreciated? He is to the NBA what Tebow was to football....espn cant suck this dudes cack hard enough. Hes topped jersey sales for the last 3 years.

It's a shame how underappreciated Curry is. Kid is special.

He finally scored more than 20 points this playoff series. Congrats. :lol: lets party.

How is he under appreciated? He is to the NBA what Tebow was to football....espn cant suck this dudes cack hard enough. Hes topped jersey sales for the last 3 years.

Because the Geek Club doesnt have him ranked top 10 ALL TIME!@&$!

He finally scored more than 20 points this playoff series. Congrats. :lol: lets party.

The conversation was about his overall rank..

Some of you fellas...

:doh:

Curry is giving Harden the business tonight. It's a beautiful thing.

I'll move to the playoffs thread, my bad fellas.

10 time All Star

5 time All NBA

9 time NBA All Defense

2 Time Olympian

NBA Champion

Right now Steph is in the Nash, Kidd, Gary Payton tier. Thats big company. If he continues to play on at this level hell move up further and past them.

Your hate for Curry is clouding your judgement here.

Your hate for Curry is clouding your judgement here.

Feel free to post your list. :dunno:

Over Pippin, Wade, Durant, Malone, Barkley, Dirk, etc. ?

I have him in a tier behind that with other hall of famers.

Is that really crazy talk?