Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl LII: New England vs Philadelphia

Eagles won on a bad TD call in the back of the endzone. Always calls against the Patriots. So lame.

Bad call. Decided the game.

This is why you are a LOSER. The Eagles lead practically wire to wire and you get hung-up on one call. Can't give any credit to the team that out-Bradyied Brady and out-Belichiked Belichick. Doug Peterson called a brilliant game and Foles was damn near perfect. YOU ARE PATHETIC. BTW, the PATS had 1 penalty called on them the entire playoffs. Yeah, always calls against them. LOSER.

This is why you are a LOSER. The Eagles lead practically wire to wire and you get hung-up on one call. Can't give any credit to the team that out-Bradyied Brady and out-Belichiked Belichick. Doug Peterson called a brilliant game and Foles was damn near perfect. YOU ARE PATHETIC. BTW, the PATS had 1 penalty called on them the entire playoffs. Yeah, always calls against them. LOSER.

I just thought it was a bad call. I'm not hung up on the rest of your personal issues here. I thought the pats benefitted from a bad call against Pitt.

God forbid I question a call. I know you never have.

I love this Patsies fan still on tilt. Oh what a glorious day Sunday was.

E--A--G--L--E--S EAGLES!

I love this Patsies fan still on tilt. Oh what a glorious day Sunday was.

E--A--G--L--E--S EAGLES!

:pointstosky:

Info tid-bit, according to Jeff Sagarin, the Eagles strength of schedule ranked them 13th in the NFL this year... the Patriots 24th. I've actually e-mailed Jeff in the past and surprisingly got a response. I asked him if he kept any previous years data and he said "no", so I can't really look back to other years.

This doesn't surprise me one bit when you consider that six teams for the foreseeable past are horrible.

What have you been offering save a bunch of naysaying and one upsmanship though?

"Upsmanship" actually connotes dominance or superiority. I'd call it at least "two downsmanship," if not three or more.

• Like 1

Maybe you should change genders to build up some credibility to talk about sports.

Shut the fock up. The men are talking.

Wow. This is the voice of who...? Talk about "downmanship" in life.

The Clement catch for a TD was the wrong call.

It was called out on the telecast by guys who...

...have been calling and/or playing the pro game for a long time.

This doesn't surprise me one bit when you consider that six teams for the foreseeable past are horrible.

To be fair though, last year New England was 12th and Atlanta 13th. Also, most teams that finish first in their division generally go 5-1 or 6-0. In that respect, New England isn't really any different than anyone else.

This past season you had Pittsburgh at 6-0, Kansas City at 5-1, as well as Philly and Minnesota. Including New England, that's 5 out of 8 division winners with 5 wins or more. Last year there were 6 division winners with 5 division wins or more.

...have been calling and/or playing the pro game for a long time.

...and were dead focking wrong. Thanks for playing.

Maybe you should change genders to build up some credibility to talk about sports.

An opposing opinion about a penalty call which happens weekly here during the season can only cause a reaction like this from very special people.

An opposing opinion about a penalty call which happens weekly here during the season can only cause a reaction like this from very special people.

And it's wrong.

On Inside The NFL last night, they showed the clip of Gene Steratore during the review process and explaining to the other official his process for why it was a TD.

The ball movement has to be losing possession, or involuntary movement. The movement during the Clement TD was him moving it to secure it when going to the ground.

But we all know you're not looking for that type of rational explanation...so in lieu of that...please keep trolling. It's the most entertainment I've had since Sunday and it'll keep me smiling until I get to watch the victory parade tomorrow.

And it's wrong.

On Inside The NFL last night, they showed the clip of Gene Steratore during the review process and explaining to the other official his process for why it was a TD.

The ball movement has to be losing possession, or involuntary movement. The movement during the Clement TD was him moving it to secure it when going to the ground.

But we all know you're not looking for that type of rational explanation...so in lieu of that...please keep trolling. It's the most entertainment I've had since Sunday and it'll keep me smiling until I get to watch the victory parade tomorrow.

What does trolling even mean on a fantasy foorball site?

I have heard some from ESPN radio, NFL.com., Fox sports, etc... who disagree with the call. And I think many agree that during the season that would have been reversed. Why do you ignore other points of view?

And yes, it is entertaining to see the crass no class fans come out.

What does trolling even mean on a fantasy foorball site?

I have heard some from ESPN radio, NFL.com., Fox sports, etc... who disagree with the call. And I think many agree that during the season that would have been reversed. Why do you ignore other points of view?

And yes, it is entertaining to see the crass no class fans come out.

Still on tilt I see.

It's ok. I'm sure the guys at NESN certainly feel it was a bad call. Poor Patriots fans. They're such victims. It almost makes me feel bad that I haven't laughed harder at them losing.

E---A---G---L---E---S EAGLES!!!!!!

Still on tilt I see.

It's ok. I'm sure the guys at NESN certainly feel it was a bad call. Poor Patriots fans. They're such victims. It almost makes me feel bad that I haven't laughed harder at them losing.

E---A---G---L---E---S EAGLES!!!!!!

I don't care about the patriot fans. Why do you care?

I don't care about the patriot fans. Why do you care?

Because I'm an Eagles fan?

Because I know what a catch is?

Ok. I see.

Nice.

Hey guess what? Eagles fans dont give a fock what you think. :pointstosky: :pointstosky: 🏆

True. Just like their approach to life. That's why they are housed in philly.

I just thought it was a bad call. I'm not hung up on the rest of your personal issues here. I thought the pats benefitted from a bad call against Pitt.

BS. You said it cost them the game. That totally discounts the Eagles taking it to and beating the Pats. The Pats had plenty of chances after that call and also missed a FG and extra point. So go F yourself.

BTW, the parade was epic, just like the beat-down of the Pats. :pointstosky:

BS. You said it cost them the game. That totally discounts the Eagles taking it to and beating the Pats. The Pats had plenty of chances after that call and also missed a FG and extra point. So go F yourself.

BTW, the parade was epic, just like the beat-down of the Pats. :pointstosky:

Kelce. Was. An. Animal.

And not just during the speech. Riding around on bikes. Pounding beer on route. So fun. Perfect ending to an unforgettable season.

• Like 1

You have been on the Pats nuts during the playoffs far more than anyone else on this bored. Its been pretty comical/annoying and it has culminated in the bloodbath that is this thread. You claim to be a Bears fan but anyone can claim to be anything...I can claim to be an alien if I choose but people might not choose to believe me if I sound like a human.

It makes even less sense if you are a Bears fan because then there is no understandable excuse of bias for the one sided drivel that youve been relaying over and over. But at least you make decent money and have a wonderful life blah blah blah...dont you know that everyone here also has a better than perfect life? 😝

You have been on the Pats nuts during the playoffs far more than anyone else on this bored. Its been pretty comical/annoying and it has culminated in the bloodbath that is this thread. You claim to be a Bears fan but anyone can claim to be anything...I can claim to be an alien if I choose but people might not choose to believe me if I sound like a human.

It makes even less sense if you are a Bears fan because then there is no understandable excuse of bias for the one sided drivel that youve been relaying over and over. But at least you make decent money and have a wonderful life blah blah blah...dont you know that everyone here also has a better than perfect life? 😝

I'm not sure I claimed to be a Bears fan but not sure. But I can't be that big of a fan as I would rather have my fantasy team win each week rather than the Bears. Cubs and Blackhawks are a completely different story.

I was actually wanting the last 4 teams to be Pitt, KC, Philly, and the Rams. Just for the matchups I wanted to watch.

Someone said "it must suck to be Seafoam today". I responded to why it doesn't. If that wasn't posted, I would never have stated why it doesn't suck to be me.

I don't care who you root for or if you are an alien (actually, that last part would be pretty interesting) so no need to share.

When anyone gets as angry as you and others on this topic, that to me looks like one-sided drivel, to use your words.

Keep going, call me names if you want, but that Clement "catch" would have been called oob all year long. And I think the playoffs officiating should reflect what they called during the year. Change the rules the following year if they want.

Mike Pereira disagrees with you.

https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/960333965906264064

He said, "Slight movement of the ball and slight bobble."

Now are we on to degrees of bobble? How do you ref that? Why not just have no slow motion replay?

In the big picture though, it would be great if they could solve the catch/down rule. I thought one of the worst calls this year was against Pitt on the the Jesse James non TD. But I'm sure most people have many examples of bad ones.

The Jesse James call was horrendous. I think most would agree. I appreciate the refs letting them play it out in the SB, but the catch rule needs to be fixed this off-season.

Right, the catch rule needs to be reworked so this way everyone including the refs know what the heck the rule is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/08/eagles-long-snapper-team-ran-fake-walk-through-in-the-event-pats-were-watching/

Appearing on 620 WDAE in Tampa, long snapper Rick Lovato said that the Eagles specifically didn’t run plays like the “Philly Special” at U.S. Bank Stadium.

“We had run that play during a walk-through like two weeks ago,” Lovato said, adding that the Eagles purposefully did not run the play in Minnesota due to concerns that the Patriots may be watching.

“I believe our whole walk-through was just a complete fake walk-through,” Lovato said. “We did it at the stadium. There were certain people walking around. . . . I believe I overheard someone say a lot of the plays we were running weren’t even in the playbook for the Super Bowl.”

But why not take advantage of the opportunity to practice the actual plays in the stadium where the game was going to be played, one day beforehand?

“We already had our game plan set all week for the last two weeks,” Lovato said. “We had two weeks to prepare for that game. A measly walk-through the day before the game, we weren’t going to show anything to anyone, especially being at the stadium.”

There’s absolutely no evidence that the Patriots were watching the Eagles on Saturday or any other Super Bowl opponent prior to any other Super Bowl. Still, it apparently didn’t hurt the Eagles to conceal the plays they planned to run the next day, and to not run them one last time in a setting that was less-than-half-speed, at most.

He said, "Slight movement of the ball and slight bobble."

Now are we on to degrees of bobble? How do you ref that? Why not just have no slow motion replay?

In the big picture though, it would be great if they could solve the catch/down rule. I thought one of the worst calls this year was against Pitt on the the Jesse James non TD. But I'm sure most people have many examples of bad ones.

"Slight movement of the ball and slight bobble," does NOT mean "lack of control".

"Slight movement of the ball and slight bobble," does NOT mean "lack of control".

Merriam Webster:

: error, mistake; especially : a mishandling of the ball in baseball or football

Merriam Webster:

: error

mistake

;

especially : a mishandling of the ball in baseball or football

Seriously? Life goes on creep.