Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Texas sending a clear message to liberals

so you think that the belief that there are too many liberals in California for example is a bigoted statement?

I also don't follow a group, I just happen to be a pro gay, anti-abortion, pro 1st and 2nd amendment, atheist, who voted for Obama first term, and immediately realized it was going to be a disaster. I also don't like Trump as a human or a person, but I agree with 99% of his policy practice, and I initially voted for him to have a conservative SCOTUS in and as a anyone but Hillary

I have been presently surprised by his policy and would easily vote for him over any left wing jackass they throw up in 2020

re-reading it seems you took offense to HT calling Minnesota bad because of Somalis, we here call it like it is, they as a group are not making the cities they are in or the country better.

I for example live in socal and we have tons of Mexicans, but quite frankly we don't need California to turn into an extension of that shithole they left, but thats not bigoted

The Somali comment did sound pretty bad. Im not all that impressed with your Mexican comment either. My brother lives in Houston and married a Mexican woman. Her Grandma is from Mexico and her family are immigrants.

The Somali comment did sound pretty bad. Im not all that impressed with your Mexican comment either. My brother lives in Houston and married a Mexican woman. Her Grandma is from Mexico and her family are immigrants.

so most of my friends are Mexican-Americans fwiw, nowhere did I say Mexicans are bad, hell there is a Mexican sitting right next to me as I type this who agrees

there are Mexicans who come here to be part of America...GREAT

then there are Mexicans who come here to bring Mexico here...not great

the facts are that where the illegals have settled are becoming complete shitholes in every state, and when you say immigrants, I assume you mean legal, which I have no problem with

lets face it, 5,000 syrian refugees move into a city, is that place going to be a) better or B) worse...facts aren't bigoted

I didn't realize there were so many prejudiced and bigoted people on this board. Wow!

Dont care about the minorities or political landscape. It's the weather and flat terrain that make the entire midwest/plains states unbearable.

this guy is somewhere between Newbie and Wiff from what I have seen

Disappointment in the front, Sodomy in the bottom. :wub:

Dont care about the minorities or political landscape. It's the weather and flat terrain that make the entire midwest/plains states unbearable.

No it's not. Look, you should have to deal with one of two things when you live somewhere.

Either Jesus Africa hot with crippling humidity in the summer.

Or cold as balls with impassable roads in the winter.

The problem with the Northeast and Midwest is you get the worst of both.

I don't mind my man boobs imitating The Fountains at Bellagio for eight weeks out of the year in Houston if it means I'm not shoveling , scraping and risking my freaking life on the road for the next 6 to 8 months.

Alternatively, I kind of like winter. Especially in global warming times. But the trade-off is no humidity in the right places.

If you got to swallow the whole shiit bucket? No thank you please.

No it's not. Look, you should have to deal with one of two things when you live somewhere.

Either Jesus Africa hot with crippling humidity in the summer.

Or cold as balls with impassable roads in the winter.

The problem with the Northeast and Midwest is you get the worst of both.

I don't mind my man boobs imitating The Fountains at Bellagio for eight weeks out of the year in Houston if it means I'm not shoveling , scraping and risking my freaking life on the road for the next 6 to 8 months.

Alternatively, I kind of like winter. Especially in global warming times. But the trade-off is no humidity in the right places.

If you got to swallow the whole shiit bucket? No thank you please.

Meh. There are areas where you don't have to deal with either. Mid-Atlantic states and Pacific Northwest to name a couple. And winter ain't that bad if you have choices beyond shoveling snow and ice fishing. 95+ temps and humidity are much worse IMO.

I lived in MI for a couple years. The weather was nice for a month or two max. Is it to much to ask for a mountain to make use of all that gawd damn snow?

You must not have through much of the Midwest then. They're not as flat as you think. If you're seeing the Midwest from the interstate it's going to be one of the worst drives ever. Interstates are built on the flattest ground and are intended to be as straight as possible when they can. While Western Iowa is very boring and fairly flat, NE Iowa is very hilly and has some rough terrain. It's called the Driftless area and it's pretty awesome. Florida and Louisiana are actually the flattest states in the US but you don't hear anyone ever talk about it. A lot of the Midwest states are not even in the top ten. Texas is flatter than most.

As for weather, I can't argue that. We have all the extremes from bitter cold to excessive heat. Torrential rain to long droughts. Tornadoes to Blizzards. If you don't like having four full seasons of weather then it's not for you and I don't blame you. If weather is a major factor then I agree with you but if it's landscape and terrain then I strongly disagree. Western Texas is worse than just about any part of the Midwest.

so most of my friends are Mexican-Americans fwiw, nowhere did I say Mexicans are bad, hell there is a Mexican sitting right next to me as I type this who agrees

there are Mexicans who come here to be part of America...GREAT

then there are Mexicans who come here to bring Mexico here...not great

the facts are that where the illegals have settled are becoming complete shitholes in every state, and when you say immigrants, I assume you mean legal, which I have no problem with

lets face it, 5,000 syrian refugees move into a city, is that place going to be a) better or B) worse...facts aren't bigoted

Cruzer was sitting next to you? The new Sux and gypsy?

You must not have through much of the Midwest then. They're not as flat as you think. If you're seeing the Midwest from the interstate it's going to be one of the worst drives ever. Interstates are built on the flattest ground and are intended to be as straight as possible when they can. While Western Iowa is very boring and fairly flat, NE Iowa is very hilly and has some rough terrain. It's called the Driftless area and it's pretty awesome. Florida and Louisiana are actually the flattest states in the US but you don't hear anyone ever talk about it. A lot of the Midwest states are not even in the top ten. Texas is flatter than most.

As for weather, I can't argue that. We have all the extremes from bitter cold to excessive heat. Torrential rain to long droughts. Tornadoes to Blizzards. If you don't like having four full seasons of weather then it's not for you and I don't blame you. If weather is a major factor then I agree with you but if it's landscape and terrain then I strongly disagree. Western Texas is worse than just about any part of the Midwest.

I drove all over MI including touristy spots like Traverse City and Mackinac. Average at best in terms of natural beauty, and too flat to have decent skiing. Pretty much the same in all the states of the Midwest and Plains. But youre right that FL, LA and TX suck, too.

Ive been to all but a handful of states in New England and Wisconsin, and the Midwest/Plains are the most craptastic areas of the country. Cost of living is their only redeeming feature.

I couldn't care less if there are hills or not. The thing I need to be by is lakes and rivers.

I couldn't care less if there are hills or not. The thing I need to be by is lakes and rivers.

Hard to find more lakes than what Minnesota and Wisconsin offer. Missouri has some decent lakes too.