Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bowe Bergdahl gets NO PRISON TIME

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/03/bowe-bergdahl-will-not-go-to-prison-for-desertion-7052128/

A judge has ruled that Bowe Bergdahl should serve no prison time for endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan.

The US army sergeant had previously pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy. It is thought that Bergdahl, 31, entered the plea in hopes of leniency from the judge, Army Col. Jeffery R. Nance. The misbehavior charge carries a maximum penalty of life in prison, while the desertion charge is punishable by up to five years. The judge’s decision brings the highly politicized saga closer to an end eight years after Bergdahl’s disappearance in Afghanistan set off search missions by scores of his fellow service members in 2009. Barack Obama was criticized by Republicans for the 2014 Taliban prisoner swap that brought Bergdahl home, while President Donald Trump harshly criticized Bergdahl on the campaign trail.

I'm sure he'll write a book and get a million dollars. Probably movies about it.

P.O.S.

:thumbsdown:

I know Trump can pardon people,

Does the POTUS have the power to reverse-pardon someone?

I'm sure he'll write a book and get a million dollars. Probably movies about it.

P.O.S.

This...

Keep your head on a swivel fockstick.

I obviously don't have access to all of the facts that the judge did, but this seems awfully light.

lefty trying to rationalize :wacko:

You disagree? Don't feel the sentence was light?

People died because of this scumbag. The sentence was far too light

People died because of this scumbag. The sentence was far too light

So we're in agreement. But you thought you'd try to be a troll anyway.

Pssst, here's a tip: Save it for posts you disagree with.

So we're in agreement. But you thought you'd try to be a troll anyway.

Pssst, here's a tip: Save it for posts you disagree with.

Hes not trolling. Edgr is legitimately stupid.

We need digby to weigh in on this.

After all, he was part of the seal team assigned to rescue this traitor from behind enemy lines.

Or maybe he was once in the same state as Bowe when he was passing thru on his way to his court martial.

I forget which.

I obviously don't have access to all of the facts

:wacko:

lefty logic.

:wacko:

lefty logic.

Nobody does on anything on this bored. Were not at Eagles practices. Were not in the White House daily briefings.

Never stopped Newbie from chiming in before with strong opinions, but now he wants everyone to put out a disclaimer.

Why did you parse my quote? I said that I obviously don't have access to all the facts that the judge did. Are you claiming that you do?

why not say

"Punishment is too light"

why add that other rubbish? I'm pretty sure none of us are privy to the facts the judge knows :wacko:

No one is going to accuse you of having a clue, let alone knowing stuff about this case.

why not say

why add that other rubbish? I'm pretty sure none of us are privy to the facts the judge knows :wacko:

No one is going to accuse you of having a clue, let alone knowing stuff about this case.

You are the poster child for our idiot Twitter Hot Take culture.

You are the poster child for our idiot Twitter Hot Take culture.

I don't even focking use it :lol:

Nobody died "looking" for or during the actual "search" for Bergdahl. That's been debunked by the sergeant major of the unit. Those 6 soldiers died after the search was called off. I believe the sentence was extremely lenient, but not much can be done now. Just my two cents.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.stripes.com/news/command-sergeant-major-no-troops-died-searching-for-bergdahl-1.402016&ved=0ahUKEwjKk_Kn8aLXAhXLJCYKHSUlCnUQFgg-MAM&usg=AOvVaw38sCxnebZPq2gf3ooj-t-7

why not say

It's not rubbish at all. The reason for having trials is so all the evidence can be shown before making a ruling. We don't have access to that. I stated my opinion and it is the same as yours. I'm just not an obnoxious ass hole who thinks I have the same knowledge about the case as the judge who made the ruling. Hope I've cleared that up for you.

Anyone listen to season 2 of serial?

She goes in depth on this story. It is unproven that people died looking for him.

In the long run, I think they probably thought he suffered enough in his years of captivity.

He's a POS. But I agree with no jail time.

It's not rubbish at all. The reason for having trials is so all the evidence can be shown before making a ruling. We don't have access to that. I stated my opinion and it is the same as yours. I'm just not an obnoxious ass hole who thinks I have the same knowledge about the case as the judge who made the ruling. Hope I've cleared that up for you.

Thank you corporal obvious for letting us know you weren't privy to the same info as the judge on the case :overhead:

Thank you corporal obvious for letting us know you weren't privy to the same info as the judge on the case :overhead:

Took you a while, but you're finally getting smarter. :wave: Hence my little preamble. Sorry if that threw your day off kilter.

P.O.S.

Isn't there some law against that?

I don't even focking use it :lol:

You should, youd enjoy all the hot takes / knee jerk opinions.

Also, super light sentence. Jerkwagon should be spending lots of time making big rocks into little rocks imo.

Seems light, but it won't matter, dudes life is over. Won't be able to get a job anywhere, might as well rot in his mothers basebment than in a cell on the governments dime

I disagree with the sentence big time. Also, there has to be some way to preclude him from profiting from this experience the same way we do with plain old criminals.

Having said all that, just to add some facts to the conversation. Apparently, the fact that he washed out of the Coast Guard and the fact that he was clearly mentally incapable but yet was still taken on by the army because there was such a push for bullet catchers played into the sentencing.

That's what I'm hearing at least.

I want to do some research as to what Robert Bales got for his sentence. I know it's apples and end tables, but it made me think about him.

After all, he was part of the seal team assigned to rescue this traitor from behind enemy lines.

Or maybe he was once in the same state as Bowe when he was passing thru on his way to his court martial.

I forget which.

Still obsessed with me I see. God man you're pathetic. Like legit pathetic. I can't see how someone is THAT jealous of someone they haven't met.

And I didn't rescue him FYI. Just part of the team that transferred him from his flight that got in to San Antonio to BAMC the hospital he was going to

Seems light, but it won't matter, dudes life is over. Won't be able to get a job anywhere, might as well rot in his mothers basebment than in a cell on the governments dime

No he's gonna get his ass kicked. You think vets or the family/friends of soldiers that died are going to let him off like this? Hell no. He's gonna get demolished

Im a little confused as to how liberals could be blamed for a military judges decision in a court martial process :dunno:

I forget which.

Cmon now, everyone embellishes a little for effect. :dunno:

Cmon now, everyone embellishes a little for effect. :dunno:

Nah. I wish I could have but the truth is I didn't really do anything. Didn't even transport Bergdahl myself. I was in charge of the team doing it but we were the distraction while the head of the southeastern Texas ambulance transport took Bergdahl in a van through the back. I did get to meet with some generals, colonels, and chiefs while they briefed each other and myself on how we were executing it

Nah. I wish I could have but the truth is I didn't really do anything. Didn't even transport Bergdahl myself. I was in charge of the team doing it but we were the distraction while the head of the southeastern Texas ambulance transport took Bergdahl in a van through the back. I did get to meet with some generals, colonels, and chiefs while they briefed each other and myself on how we were executing it

Sure you did/were :first: