Sign in to follow this  
fixedrate

Edge or Steven Jackson?

Our draft is Sunday. From what I have heard from everybody else Edge or S Jackson will most likely be there with the 6th pick...Can somebody make a case for choosing one over the other. Just don't want to blow a first round pick.......

You should really be fine either way. If I were you though I'd take Sjax just because he's the man in STL now and Linehan is committed to running it this year. He also has fairly good hands and could catch alot of balls. Edge just worries me in Arizona because I just dont think they have a strong enough line. With Edge not having great speed or elusiveness and being more of a patient runner that follows his blocks and uses his vision, he could really suffer with their weak O-line. He's not the same old Edge and Sjax is due a breakout year now that he's getting the full workload. Good Luck.

I have Steven Jackson ranked over Edge. Jackson is still very young and St. Louis's new head coach wants to run the ball more. No more Martz passing 20x in a row before running. SJax is going to have a phenominal year.

I have Steven Jackson ranked over Edge. Jackson is still very young and St. Louis's new head coach wants to run the ball more. No more Martz passing 20x in a row before running. SJax is going to have a phenominal year.

I would definitely rate Jackson higher too. Let's face it, Arizona is terrible. Running backs on terrible teams never live up to potential, especially when the O-Line is so weak as Arizona's.

Jackson will be on a better team, and is the star there... Edge will lose carries to some third and longs that get passed to Boldin or Fitzgerald.

Either pick is allright but the edge is defentially with SJAX. Gotta love the new coach and the biggest thing is simply a better O-Line.They both have below average Defences and may have to throw the ball to catch up, but theres a reason that Arizona couldnt run the ball last year and they didnt fix it. Edge is great but hes gonna have a tuff time finding any holes in Arizona.