Sign in to follow this  
edjr

How much gas does a typical NASCAR race waste?

...nor that you even try to address the topic with anything of substance.

Try reading post #8. I was the first to point out that it's rediculous to whine about 40 cars driving 500 miles when 250,000 people travel hundreds of miles to watch the rednecks go in circles.

And you question my reading comprehension. What a tool.

They drive a trailer with the Cars in it to the other races. Go ahead and add that too then, its still about the same to other sports. whatthefockever.

Well for focks sake, then lets get the MLB's farm teams involved too with all their traveling. Spring training fuel costs, ect. Jeesus man are you just fishing? :rolleyes:

So...one trailer...for each team and their cars.

Not everyone on the team rides in the trailers.

No...I have said I find it interesting. And I think Nascar would outweigh the other sports (and I think its surprising that nothing has been made of that...or even the other sport's costs).

Again...its not that I am against any of the sports...just find it interesting that you don't hear about it from the supposed eco-nuts.

Try reading post #8. I was the first to point out that it's rediculous to whine about 40 cars driving 500 miles when 250,000 people travel hundreds of miles to watch the rednecks go in circles.

And you question my reading comprehension. What a tool.

I read post 8....it contained nothing of substance.

So...worrying about the cars is not bad when it takes even more fuel to add to the spectators? OK...add those in...makes it look even more surprising that nobody brings it up.

Though...again, other sports would have that cost as well...so its pretty pointless. (though, your favorite sport does not cost that much for the fans to get to the games...as the attendance of the WNBA is not very good)

Im talking about being surprised Al Gore and the environment police have not jumped on this...and frankly other sports.

I too am very surprised at this. I understand what you are saying in this thread. I don't have any dogs in this fight since I don't watch NASCAR anymore. To think Al Gore hasn't been complaining about this hurting the environment is fishy. Maybe he forced NASCAR to buy those carbon offset things to keep him off of them. :rolleyes:

I too am very surprised at this. I understand what you are saying in this thread. I don't have any dogs in this fight since I don't watch NASCAR anymore. To think Al Gore hasn't been complaining about this hurting the environment is fishy. Maybe he forced NASCAR to buy those carbon offset things to keep him off of them. :rolleyes:

It's because even the eco-nuts can wrap their brain around the fact that just because NASCAR uses fuel during their sport it doesn't automatically mean they use any more or less than other sports and/or businesses.

It's because even the eco-nuts can wrap their brain around the fact that just because NASCAR uses fuel during their sport it doesn't automatically mean they use any more or less than other sports and/or businesses.

I don't think that NASCAR(or any sport) should get hammered on because of this. Just that I am a little surprised at Gore not "going there" with his insanity.

So they don't also use fuel to get to their events? Only in other sports huh?

So they don't also use fuel to get to their events? Only in other sports huh?

Okay I'll break it down for you like a 12 year old.

NASCAR fuel costs for sanctioned practice laps, qualifying, racing plus transportation of drivers, team members, and cars to the weekly events that are mainly on the East Coast is less than or equal to flying all the MLB teams sometimes bi-weekly all across the map for 162 games or flying 32 NBA teams every other day zig zagging the country.

Okay I'll break it down for you like a 12 year old.

NASCAR fuel costs for sanctioned practice laps, qualifying, racing plus transportation of drivers, team members, and cars to the weekly events that are mainly on the East Coast is less than or equal to flying all the MLB teams sometimes bi-weekly all across the map for 162 games or flying 32 NBA teams every other day zig zagging the country.

Got anything to really back that up?

I don't think its equal.

And Nascar has events in Cali, Vegas, Texas, Bama, Florida, North Carolina, Atlanta, Tennessee...and so on.

Id say just the race, qualifying, and practice are close to what MLB uses for one week of games. (oh...and not all MLB teams travel at any given time...there is a home team)

And Nascar has events in Cali, Vegas, Texas, Bama, Florida, North Carolina, Atlanta, Tennessee...and so on.

Id say just the race, qualifying, and practice are close to what MLB uses for one week of games.

we used to enjoy a parade of military aircraft flyovers prior to air force football games until the guilt trip laid on by the econazis stopped it. i can see a time coming shortly where all sporting events will become regional in nature, if they are allowed to continue to exist at all, and americans will be asked to stop attending to save the environment. movies and concerts will be exempt, of course, cause they're different by nature.

Show me where I have said it most certainly is.

I have said over and over that I think or...in the case of what you just quoted...that "id say".

Im not trying to tell others that they are simply wrong and there is nothing to it.

HTH

I don't think its equal.

Id say just the race, qualifying, and practice are close to what MLB uses for one week of games. (oh...and not all MLB teams travel at any given time...there is a home team)

It's GOD DAMN common sense. Obviously it is an estimation but you should get the picture.

One race = 6000 gallons of fuel. There are only like 35 races during the year. 35*6000=210,000 gallons of fuel. NASCAR makes 1 west coast swing for their races and then comes back around. 8000*40teams*2(there and back)=640,000 in travel fuel. Add in some practice laps and qualifying lets round it off at a cool 1 million gallons of fuel.

One cross country trip for a MLB team = 8000 gallons of fuel. Each Team goes on at least 3 "West Cost Swings" or vice versa over the course of the year. (8000*32teams)*6(there and back 3 times) = 1,536,000 gallons in travel fuel.

In other words the MLB and NBA travel way more than NASCAR which offsets any fuel used in a race or race practice. I can't believe I had to post this. :music_guitarred:

we used to enjoy a parade of military aircraft flyovers prior to air force football games until the guilt trip laid on by the econazis stopped it. i can see a time coming shortly where all sporting events will become regional in nature, if they are allowed to continue to exist at all, and americans will be asked to stop attending to save the environment. movies and concerts will be exempt, of course, cause they're different by nature.

Hell...I forgot about flyovers at all these events.

But they can't get rid of that...its freakin awesome.

It's GOD DAMN common sense. Obviously it is an estimation but you should get the picture.

One race = 6000 gallons of fuel. There are only like 35 races during the year. 35*6000=210,000 gallons of fuel. NASCAR makes 1 west coast swing for their races and then comes back around. 8000*40teams*2(there and back)=640,000 in travel fuel. Add in some practice laps and qualifying lets round it off at a cool 1 million gallons of fuel.

One cross country trip for a MLB team = 8000 gallons of fuel. Each Team goes on at least 3 "West Cost Swings" or vice versa over the course of the year. (8000*32teams)*6(there and back 3 times) = 1,536,000 gallons in travel fuel.

Not bad.

Though...that 6000 is an estimate by Nascar. I would venture a guess that they are shorting on that estimate to not sound as bad.

Either way...interesting for sure...and I have said its not just Nascar Im saying that its surprising that people don't go after them.

And again...that is just the fuel. You also have the ridiculous amount of tires they go through.

Also interesting that Indy will soon be on 100% ethanol.

this turned out better than I had hoped. :angry:

Al Gore invented NASCAR

That is funny and all, but the point of this is the NBA and MLB ziz zag across the country weekly via airplanes. The fuel cost for that is equal to or exceeds that of how much NASCAR uses on a weekly basis even given the fact that fuel is used during their sport. HTH

Most of the drivers have their own private planes to fly them from race to race while their crews often drive.I live in jackson MI and when they race at MIS the traffic at our airport triples. You can go to the airport and see all kinds of planes with the colors of your favorite nekcar driver. So add in the avfuel cost in there also.

I don't like volleyball, but I don't talk about how these homo's and dykes need to just go away. I just don't pay any attention. These antics are a very weird phenomenon to me. :pointstosky:

I hope you're prepared to feel teh wrath of nobody :hyper:

I hope you're prepared to feel teh wrath of nobody :hyper:

what happened to the bored suicide???

Anyone have any figures on the revenue the avg race brings into a community? How about the number of people who have jobs because of Nascar?

Of course, none of this is important to those who want to whine about how much gas they use to put on an event. :rolleyes: