Sign in to follow this  
BobSanders_33

Rookie Dynasty Sleeper

A player to keep your eye on in rookie dynasty drafts is Ishmael Zamora. He is the Baylor player not invited to the combine due to animal abuse. He has signed with Oakland which seems like an excellent landing spot with Carr at QB, Cooper to study under and Michael Crabtree getting older. The kid is raw but he has real WR1 play making ability. Love the upside.

Corey Clement is another one. Signed with the Eagles as an UDFA.

Ryan Mathews is going to be cut once he's healthy barring a severe contract restructuring. In the event the former happens, Clement has a real possibility for becoming the "big back" in the Eagles backfield.

I'll go RB Aaron Jones from Utep. Drafted by the Green Bay Packers.

Corey Clement is another one. Signed with the Eagles as an UDFA.

Ryan Mathews is going to be cut once he's healthy barring a severe contract restructuring. In the event the former happens, Clement has a real possibility for becoming the "big back" in the Eagles backfield.

Clement did not impress me at all. However, he's really the only thing resembling a bigger back Philly has if Mathews is cut.

I'll go RB Aaron Jones from Utep. Drafted by the Green Bay Packers.

I really like his chances if Montgomery gets hurt or is turned into an "offensive weapon" instead of staying at RB. Otherwise, my bet is on Jamaal Williams emerging as the primary early-down back before long.

Look for that Carr kid out of Northwestern who signed with NE as an UDFA to be something special. I don't think he'll blow up as a rookie. He'll serve as a spot duty backup to Edelman, but he will eventually replace Edelman. If you're wondering if he's any good, see his stats at Ohio State last year, you know, the school that had 3 DB's drafted in the first round.

• Like 1

Look for that Carr kid out of Northwestern who signed with NE as an UDFA to be something special. I don't think he'll blow up as a rookie. He'll serve as a spot duty backup to Edelman, but he will eventually replace Edelman. If you're wondering if he's any good, see his stats at Ohio State last year, you know, the school that had 3 DB's drafted in the first round.

Carr's absence from the scouting combine is unfathomable to me. Him signing with the Patriots was music to my ears. He'll have a lot of competition to crack the depth chart, but at the same time, stranger things have happened.

Clement did not impress me at all. However, he's really the only thing resembling a bigger back Philly has if Mathews is cut.

Terrell Watson could be construed as another one on that roster, but I'm not that high on him either. A rotational backfield appears to be the most likely situation in Philly regardless. In a way, they might have a chance to replicate their 3-headed monster rushing attack circa 2003...albeit slightly watered down in a talent aspect.

Smallwood = Buckhalter

Sproles = Westbrook

Clement/Watson/veteran rb? = Duce

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles or the Bucs take a chance on FA running back Jamaal Charles. It could happen. I expect the best contract he could get to be one similar to what AP signed in NO.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles or the Bucs take a chance on FA running back Jamaal Charles. It could happen. I expect the best contract he could get to be one similar to what AP signed in NO.

He'll be a Bronco by the end of the day.

I really like his chances if Montgomery gets hurt or is turned into an "offensive weapon" instead of staying at RB. Otherwise, my bet is on Jamaal Williams emerging as the primary early-down back before long.

I was looking more and more into later drafted backs. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on both Jamaal Williams AND Aaron Jones.

I was looking more and more into later drafted backs. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on both Jamaal Williams AND Aaron Jones.

Packers have a lot of interesting guys at RB. Besides Williams and Jones, they signed two big runningbacks with speed in the 4.5 range. Williams Stanback was at Central Florida and got dismissed for drug violations causing him to fall off the map, and Devante Mays is another big dude with wheels. Packers seem to be trying to find some big backs to work in with Montgomery.

:thumbsup:

You have my approval. I'm slightly more into Williams than Jones, but I think a strong case could be made that either one is the Packers' lead back by 2018.