Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Bier/food savvy geeks

I read an article that a foodie accidentally cooked a turkey breast side down and although it looked horrific it tasted fantastic.

Said the white meat had so much flavor and juices and once it was cut his guests were none the wiser.

Obviously the skin wasn't crisp and wasn't served.

Thoughts ?

I read an article that a foodie accidentally cooked a turkey breast side down and although it looked horrific it tasted fantastic.

Said the white meat had so much flavor and juices and once it was cut his guests were none the wiser.

Thoughts ?

Sounds reasonable. I inject my turkeys with Creole Butter.

https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_27731_-1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8s_vlvbI1wIVj9lkCh2A9QWAEAQYASABEgL_QvD_BwE

Thoughts ?

Flip it around and bake it for a few more minutes. that'll crisp up the skin.

There is more fat on the underside of the bird. when on top it drips down. could flip and broil to recrisp skin, but it might be too far gone.

I dunno about all that, but I'm definitely up for an awkward hike next time she's in the Baltimore area (I'll drive). :banana:

I was more talking about eating them if someone plopped them down in front of me...I doubt I'd have the skillz to actually make something like that. :D

In seriousness I would like to do a NE visit sometime, so if you're up for trekking around NE :thumbsup:

Also, if you can tie your shoes, you can make this dish.

So in an amazing twist, when I got to work on Friday morning, there was an email to all staff titled "Brussels sprouts, etc". Me: :unsure:

One of the teachers was thanking everybody for the time, and she sung praises of the veggie dishes, especially the sprouts dish and she wanted the recipe. Another person wound up getting the recipe too. Having tasted the final product myself (granted the food on my plate got pretty mixed together), I don't quite get it but :)

Not trying to be mean, but why would you make that for a work pot luck?

Originally I was going to make these (they aren't sweet; just incredibly hearty) but I hadn't signed up yet and an email to everyone who wasn't signed up (pay $10, bring something, or sign up for one of the duties like clean up) was sent out stating what was still needed. No rolls/biscuits/etc. Veggie dishes were needed and in the past my family has loved this one.