Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Metal Detectors. Any advice?

Looking for a detector in the price range of $150 - $300. Would like headphones too. Any knowledge about the best bang for the buck would be appreciated.

Spend another couple hun Johnny and get a Garrett AT Pro.. worth it.

https://www.metaldetector.com/garrett-at-pro-metal-detector?gclid=Cj0KCQiA0b_QBRCeARIsAFntQ9pFFNraa5pA8dIhyzMmAueNCX4wf_fI-fkasKy3_HivcqaXlnRBb7QaAv2tEALw_wcB

so much better a machine for a bit more. We have 2 of them...

Also you have to get one of rhose Garrett handheld wands unless you want to be getting up and down a ton when your digging a soumd.

We love ours... lots of fun. Can't wait till I retire and I've a plan to go check outold gold claims.

Watch craigslist.. and Ebay

What do you guys do with the metal detectors, out of curiosity?

Would be funny to find out when and where they dig and randomly bury twenty bucks in pennies then record and post the video here.

Spend another couple hun Johnny and get a Garrett AT Pro.. worth it.

https://www.metaldetector.com/garrett-at-pro-metal-detector?gclid=Cj0KCQiA0b_QBRCeARIsAFntQ9pFFNraa5pA8dIhyzMmAueNCX4wf_fI-fkasKy3_HivcqaXlnRBb7QaAv2tEALw_wcB

so much better a machine for a bit more. We have 2 of them...

Also you have to get one of rhose Garrett handheld wands unless you want to be getting up and down a ton when your digging a soumd.

We love ours... lots of fun. Can't wait till I retire and I've a plan to go check outold gold claims.

Watch craigslist.. and Ebay

Hey thanks! tell me the advantages of the 1 you suggested. what are the must haves and what are "luxury"? Definitely want a handheld wand but the Garrett is over twice as expensive. Can you justify please? Thanks again!! :cheers:

Would be total entertainment for me. Always have entertained the thought of getting one. Also, more motivation to get outdoors and enjoy nature. Something both my SO and I can do together.

Would be funny to find out when and where they dig and randomly bury twenty bucks in pennies then record and post the video here.

:mad:

:lol:

I want to do the $20 worth of pennies at the beach. Theres a guy that goes out every Monday morning during the summer with a metal detector.

I want to do the $20 worth of pennies at the beach. Theres a guy that goes out every Monday morning during the summer with a metal detector.

Please make sure to record it. Amplified sound would be a bonus. :banana:

Please make sure to record it. Amplified sound would be a bonus. :banana:

They go into the water too. It would be hilarious watching him dig to find a penny every 30 seconds...especially out by the docks where its deep enough that he has to go under.

They go into the water too. It would be hilarious watching him dig to find a penny every 30 seconds...especially out by the docks where its deep enough that he has to go under.

Depends on what brand and model in reference to the water. better put about 5-10 pennies under the water so it shows a bigger target. Make him think something bigger than a penny. IMO

If he has a decent detector he can just edit out the tone a penny makes. :dunno:

I have my machine ignore pennies for the most part.

Hey thanks! tell me the advantages of the 1 you suggested. what are the must haves and what are "luxury"? Definitely want a handheld wand but the Garrett is over twice as expensive. Can you justify please? Thanks again!! :cheers:

Hrmm... there are a ton of reviews online man.. I'll have to find my comparison notes.

If he has a decent detector he can just edit out the tone a penny makes. :dunno:

I have my machine ignore pennies for the most part.

D@mn. Well, well find out next summer!

This is hysterical. Don't forget the black socks and mandals. And the fanny pack. You got to have the fanny pack.

I'm sure you can find the whole setup advertised on Fox News. Probably right after the freeze dried food for Preppers commercials.

Lol

Totally see it. 😂

I thought people losing their mental faculties take up metal detecting? I met a guy in the psych ward who was into it.

People do it as a relaxing hobby that gets them out of the house and walking around and maybe finding interesting stuff.

to the editor: During a phone conversation with my wife, she informed me that our four-year-old son, Charlie, had swallowed a penny. I asked her the usual questions: “Is he okay?,” “Is he breathing all right?,” “Swallowing his saliva?,” “Talking?” She answered yes to all these questions, but added that he was scared and was crying.

My first thought was to have a radiograph taken to localize the penny. Then I had another thought. Because I was almost out the door to go home, I told my wife to keep Charlie calm. I told her that the main thing we needed to know was where the penny was in the gastrointestinal tract, and that if he was breathing, talking, and swallowing normally, the penny was at least past the vital areas. I told her I would try to locate the coin with the metal detector when I got home.

Arriving home about 15 minutes later, our 12-year-old son, John, greeted me at the door and said, “Dad, the penny is at the bottom of his chest, but not in his stomach.” I asked him to show me how he knew that. He asked Charlie, who thought the process pretty neat, to lie down on the floor on his back with arms and legs stretched out. John then moved the metal detector slowly back and forth over Charlie. When it got over the xiphoid, it beeped.

As a test, I then hid pennies under Charlie at other locations: hand, leg, and pelvis. The metal detector pinpointed each of them. I then had Charlie try to drink some liquid. After I was sure he was having no problem, I asked him to eat some semisolid, then solid foods. All went down fine. I decided to watch him until morning.

Just before bedtime, we checked Charlie again with the metal detector. The coin had moved into the stomach, as evidenced by beeps over an area 4 cm below the xiphoid near the midline. By morning, the coin had moved even further, as evidenced by metal detector beeps in the right lower quadrant. After lunch, Charlie had a bowel movement. He sat on a plastic grocery bag stretched over the toilet seat, and out came the penny with the stool.

You think they'd be more worried about Charlie swallowing a stool.

I have a bunch of gum on the bottom of my stool. The worst part is it's not even mine.

You think they'd be more worried about Charlie swallowing a stool.

:doh: :first: