Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Starbucks employee in hot water; I easily could have done this

My hearing is not the best..or at least I often miss fine distinctions in sounds. If a place is loud and I halfway hear something, my brain will likely read in what it was. I think there's a good chance this was not an intentional joke on the employee's part and they probably didn't absorb what his name was on the app either... https://www.kcra.com/article/vacaville-starbucks-customer-says-he-was-stereotyped-based-on-race/25364863

Second observation: He doesn't seem like the type (especially given military service) to get this upset over something like that.

How come it says he retired after 18 years in the AF? I thought retirement was 20 in the military. Is this something new? I'm noticing a lot of these guys saying they retired before 20. What's up? Disability?

Sounds intentional. Look how sad he and his daughter look in the photo.

I dont know if it was intentional or not; nobody does not the barista. However, when I give my name, Dan, over he phone or in person at a loud place, youd be shocked by the names people repeat to me. Finally I spell D-A-N and get a shocked Oh Dan?!.

I could see this being an honest mistake

Nice. Retired after only 18 years. Of course real military members will tell you its possible because they can offer you early retirement as they were cutting down on manning. Know a couple people I worked with that retired at 18 and 19 years instead of 20

Have liberals started to call for the boycott of Starbucks yet? :mad:

Looks like a Chang to me. What a sensitive pvssy

• Like 1

My question is, how is this a story that a news network picks up on? And then actually goes and investigates and interviews?

Ummm…. I was at the store the other day and this one guy was a jerk to me. He cut right in front of me when I was clearly closer to getting in line. He was a white guy and acted privileged. I better call the news station and get them down here to interview my hurt feelings and investigate this occurrence.

His address shouldn't be too hard to discover. I'm half tempted to send a Christmas card to the Chang family.

His address shouldn't be too hard to discover. I'm half tempted to send a Christmas card to the Chang family.

Do it.

Sign it

From the Staff at FFTODAY

Do it.

Sign it

From the Staff at FFTODAY

For Christs sake I agree. DO IT. That would be focking awesome

Ha. We should all do it. All 10 of us

Hell if one of yall can find his address Ill do it and send pictures of the card and me mailing it 🤣

Nice. Retired after only 18 years. Of course real military members will tell you its possible because they can offer you early retirement as they were cutting down on manning. Know a couple people I worked with that retired at 18 and 19 years instead of 20

Maybe. My guess is that many of them are kunts and milking an injury. Like you.

Woof

I’d go further and call it outright fraud.

What a sensitive pvssy

No sh!t. What kind of man gets a focking hot cocoa to make himself feel better?

I have my doubts about it being an accident, but yeah, they do something like that and you take it to the manager, work it out, or contact the corporate office and lay it out, then move on...

I have my doubts about it being an accident, but yeah, they do something like that and you take it to the manager, work it out, or contact the corporate office and lay it out, then move on...

Or just drink your coffee and go about your day..?

Aww, I can see why he was offended.

I can also see how it could've been an honest mistake.

I know a white woman named LaShonda. She looks like her name should be Beth. The point is that if I couldn't hear LaShonda clearly I might have whitetified her name to Shauna. No harm in that case, but to asianify a name could be offensive.

Or just drink your coffee and go about your day..?

Sure, that works as well, but his play seems to be way too much of a dooshbag move imho

The personal touch has backfired, just use numbers....right up until some flaming liberal gets offended by getting the number 17. ODDIST!!!!

When I valet parked back in the day, we wrote the car's color / model on the ticket attached to the keys to make it easier to find when it was needed. Sometimes an old beater would get valeted and the valet would simply write "grey / Piece Of Sh*t". We were supposed to tear the ticket off the key chain before delivering it, but we'd often forget.

Don't remember anyone complaining. I guess they knew they drove a piece of sh*t.

When I valet parked back in the day, we wrote the car's color / model on the ticket attached to the keys to make it easier to find when it was needed. Sometimes an old beater would get valeted and the valet would simply write "grey / Piece Of Sh*t". We were supposed to tear the ticket off the key chain before delivering it, but we'd often forget.

Don't remember anyone complaining. I guess they knew they drove a piece of sh*t.

you've gotta set up a code my man

Aww, I can see why he was offended.

I can also see how it could've been an honest mistake.

I know a white woman named LaShonda. She looks like her name should be Beth. The point is that if I couldn't hear LaShonda clearly I might have whitetified her name to Shauna. No harm in that case, but to asianify a name could be offensive.

People who are secure in who they are do not get offended by name calling!

I have a first name that can be used for a man or a woman. Maybe I should sue people when they get it wrong.

Maybe you can sue your parents? That sounds like what is going on courts today.

I have a first name that can be used for a man or a woman. Maybe I should sue people when they get it wrong.

Are you a man or a woman ?

With a handle like that hoping female

:wub:

Are you a man or a woman ?

With a handle like that hoping female

:wub:

:doh:

:doh:

You are an uptight person. Youd fit in at FootballFags

You are an uptight person. Youd fit in at FootballFags

So that is where you and your family live out your lives.

They probably don't like you there either.

Shut up, Pat.

So that is where you and your family live out your lives.

They probably don't like you there either.

This makes Zero Sense

Try again Peefoam