Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

truvada. loons really are winning

well I do know that Owen Benjamin was banned on twitter for attacking the guy in situation no 2, and I do know these thoughts are out there, my mom for example thinks the drag stuff is cute

shes about as far left as they come though, thinks being a tranny is "normal"

I’m not saying the thoughts aren’t out there; rather, they’re ‘out there’ and don’t reflect the views of the vast majority of liberals/progressives.

Many of the right-wing pundits/bloggers/vloggers are effectively shock jocks, looking to offend and paint the opposition as comically extreme. I’m sure the liberal media has its equivalent (and it ain’t the MSM), but this forearm isn’t inundated by their videos. In any event, the end result is further polarization of the two sides and failure to even think about compromise.

just saw the commercial. Here's what it said:

Tuvada, when paired with safer sex practices can decrease your chances of getting AIDS.

I kid you not. That's exactly what it says.

You know what else paired with safer sex practices can result in a lower incidence or probability of getting AIDS?

Everything. Literally, everything. Baby aspirin, General Tso's chicken, chocolate milk, peeps, literally anything you pair with safer sex practices is going to result in a slightly lower probability of getting a sexually transmitted disease.

Dumbest commercial I've seen in awhile.

So you’re offended they mention pairing it with other safe sex practices? How much do you think Truvada decreases HIV acquisition relative to General Tso?

Looked into the stats. Black women are 22x more likely to get HIV than White women. Wow. For Men it's only 7.5x.

I get that but what is the high risk behavior in this case? Being slutty or focking black guys? Just seems odd.

In addition to higher risk for just about every STI (possibly a function of promiscuity and lower rates of safe sex practices), AA have genetic differences which increase their risk of HIV acquisition. I also wouldn't be surprised if BBC were more likely to cause trauma during sex, which promotes the spread of HIV.

I saw this ad last night. They keep saying you need to be HIV negative. There are 2 obviously gay dudes and then a black married woman in the ad.

So are gay guys supposed to take this in addition to using condoms? Because using a rubber would be easier than taking a script. And what high risk behaviors is the married woman engaging in that would make this necessary?

:dunno:

This is a harm prevention strategy, not too different than needle exchanges for IV drug users. Use of safe sex practices, including condoms is still recommended (to prevent other STIs, in addition to HIV), but some people may prefer just taking a pill. And the rate of condom failure is pretty high in butt secks, up to 8% in some studies.

I don't know about the married woman, but it's possible her spouse has HIV - Magic Johnson's wife, for example.

At least for once a commercial was marketed to the right groups. Blacks and freaks in this instance. Imagine they all did that?

Tuvada, when paired with safer sex practices can decrease your chances of getting AIDS.

You know what else paired with safer sex practices can result in a lower incidence or probability of getting AIDS?

Everything. Literally, everything. Baby aspirin, General Tso's chicken, chocolate milk, peeps, literally anything you pair with safer sex practices is going to result in a slightly lower probability of getting a sexually transmitted disease.

"Wink wink, combined with safe sex, wink wink". They are targeting directly to high risk buyers. We all know what they are selling. Any talk of "safe sex" is for the lawyers.

Should include Cool Ranch Doritos. My wife calls those "birth control chips" because they make your breath nasty.