Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Controversy: Mayfield caught looking toward sideline. Will he fined or suspended?

What the fvck angle are they getting at here?

WTF...so he stared at the sideline? A person staring at the sideline is worthy of a headline?

He pleaded ignorance? Why does he have to plead anything? Focking liberals trying to create something out of nothing. Gets focking sickening.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25603558/baker-mayfield-pleads-ignorance-appearing-stare-hue-jackson

What exactly caused the hate here?

White people of course

It was a racistish stare

Was he looking down at him? :D

Why does ESPN feel the need to create "sports" news? The Browns are fvcking 7-7-1 and trending up. From 2015 to 2017 they won a total of 4 games.

Four games in 3 years. And now ESPN wants to make controversy about a guy looking at the sidelines.

What a fvcking classless organization that "news" agency is.

I know huh, but cnespn always does.

It's true. There is a racial angle, many times subtle, in so much of what they do. Not Hard to believe a country full of sports fans pays them no mind anymore.

Why does ESPN feel the need to create "sports" news? The Browns are fvcking 7-7-1 and trending up. From 2015 to 2017 they won a total of 4 games.

Four games in 3 years. And now ESPN wants to make controversy about a guy looking at the sidelines.

What a fvcking classless organization that "news" agency is.

Upcoming headline: "Racist Browns Didn't Play Hard For Black Coach"

Upcoming headline: "Racist Browns Didn't Play Hard For Black Coach"

Are you saying he was too black to be a Brown?

• Like 1

It was a racistish stare

He was staring at him racially

He was staring at him racially

That was definitely a black stare.

not a good look for mayfield. hugh helped him get paid (by selecting him early), and gave him the opportunity to start and continue in the position.

was hughy supposed to sit out the rest of the season?

not a good look for mayfield. hugh helped him get paid (by selecting him early), and gave him the opportunity to start and continue in the position.

Helped him get paid? Mayfield won the Heisman. He was getting paid with or without Hugh. And you don't go to your rival mid season. Hugh Jackson has lead a charmed life and been richly rewarded and given more opportunity than he deserved.

Helped him get paid? Mayfield won the Heisman. He was getting paid with or without Hugh. And you don't go to your rival mid season. Hugh Jackson has lead a charmed life and been richly rewarded and given more opportunity than he deserved.

what was the difference in pay between the #1 pick and the next 3 qb's taken?

Was Hugh the one who drafted him? I remember Hugh trying to start a far less talented qb at the beginning of the season. It looks to me that Mayfield knows Hugh coached this team into unnecessary losses to start the season. They could have had the playoffs locked up weeks ago with better coaching to start the season

I don't think hue was responsible for when he was picked. My understanding is that the GM consulted with a number of people he trusted, who all said Mayfield was the best QB in this class, and that is why they drafted him. Not Hue's decision.

Not much. A QB went 3. Its all slotted.

Was Hugh the one who drafted him? I remember Hugh trying to start a far less talented qb at the beginning of the season. It looks to me that Mayfield knows Hugh coached this team into unnecessary losses to start the season. They could have had the playoffs locked up weeks ago with better coaching to start the season

i do not happen to believe that hugh is good coach, but i do with the brown's recent history i can agree with his decision not to get his young #1 pick beaten up by playing him too soon.

Not much. A QB went 3. Its all slotted.

#1: mayfield: total value= 32,683,000

#3: darnold: total value= 30,270,000

#7: allen: total value= 21,183,000

#10: rosen: total value= 17,597,000

#32: jackson: total value= 9,471,000

1 and three, no big deal.... but a 10 mil difference as the 3rd drafted qb, -15 mil as 4th, -21 mil as 5th

#1: mayfield: total value= 32,683,000

#3: darnold: total value= 30,270,000

#7: allen: total value= 21,183,000

#10: rosen: total value= 17,597,000

#32: jackson: total value= 9,471,000

1 and three, no big deal.... but a 10 mil difference as the 3rd drafted qb, -15 mil as 4th, -21 mil as 5th

He wouldn't have gone past 3. If Cleveland took Barkley he would have gone 2. Jets take him over Darnold. Hugh had nothing to do with mayfield getting paid. Mayfields talent did.

Hue sucked as a coach...and the fact that he went to a division rival pissed the team off. Baker had a constant battle of wills with him. He doesnt respect him as a coach after getting repeatedly thrown under the bus

I loved it!!

And cincy can suck a big chode wuth Huey Lewis.

Baker is just what cleveland needed...the dude can play.

i do not happen to believe that hugh is good coach, but i do with the brown's recent history i can agree with his decision not to get his young #1 pick beaten up by playing him too soon.

I could agree if it was too soon, but it wasn't too soon at all. It wasn't soon enough since it seemed Mayfield was already better than anyone they could trot out there. I don't think that in his few weeks of sitting he went from not ready to ready all of a sudden. I thought he looked ready right off the bat, and if a team doesn't want their franchise players to get beat up, they should just bench everyone once the playoffs are out of reach.

He wouldn't have gone past 3. If Cleveland took Barkley he would have gone 2. Jets take him over Darnold. Hugh had nothing to do with mayfield getting paid. Mayfields talent did.

i think this is conjecture. i don't believe many teams had him as the #1 qb.

I could agree if it was too soon, but it wasn't too soon at all. It wasn't soon enough since it seemed Mayfield was already better than anyone they could trot out there. I don't think that in his few weeks of sitting he went from not ready to ready all of a sudden. I thought he looked ready right off the bat, and if a team doesn't want their franchise players to get beat up, they should just bench everyone once the playoffs are out of reach.

he looked good from the moment he took the field. i was referring more to protecting him physically, and developing :lol: confidence :lol:

i think this is conjecture. i don't believe many teams had him as the #1 qb.

he looked good from the moment he took the field. i was referring more to protecting him physically, and developing :lol: confidence :lol:

Ahh ok. Well Mayfield was probably already one of the most confident players in the NFL before the season started. He is going to always rub some people the wrong way. I don't mind cocky, so long as the QB can actually back it up. It's a reason why Jay Cutler was such a fvck bag. His play was not anywhere good enough to warrant the cocky attitude he showed.

Hue didn't do . He's a fuckin retard. That's why he got fired. Mayfield simply slapped the loser again. Nothing wrong with a winner kicking a loser in the balls.

Dorsey is the geniuus that drafted Mayfield. Same genius that drafted Mahomes in KC.

Fortunately this is 2018 NFL and teams can't go head hunting on Mayfield. If this was 1970's -1990s NFL, he would have to worry about getting

The only one he has to worry about is that Burfict piece of .

This thread and some of the comments make no sense.

There is no controversary. The ESPN article doesn't imply it's a controversary. And there is nothing about race.

It's a story because they have history and he obviously was going out of his way to fúck with Hue. That's a sign of immaturity, so that's newsworthy from a franchise quarterback.

This thread and some of the comments makes no sense.

There is no controversary. The ESPN article doesn't imply it's a controversary. And there is nothing about race.

It's a story because they have history and he obviously was going out of his way to fúck with Hue. That's a sign of immaturity, so that's newsworthy from a franchise quarterback.

Nailed it

Mayfield is the most immature punk you will ever come across.

My favorite highlight of that drama queen was when the Norman PD knocked him into that concrete wall for trying to run from them. You would think getting arrested would have humbled him a little, but instead he uses it to play on this fake bad boy image. The guy is always starting non existent fueds with everyone for the most empty pathetic reasons if you've followed his career at OU. Jackson had every right to take a job with the Bengals after being fired from the Browns. He didn't quit on his own players and move on to the in state rival by his own choosing. Mayfield has been a classless juvenile bittch to Jackson twice in the last five weeks by talking shittt in postgame interviews and now staring him down on the field. Jackson has said or done nothing to warrant this type of disrespect.

Must be no veteran players with any pride in that Bengals locker room for not sticking up for your coach.

Wrong again! That would be Johnny Manziel.

My favorite highlight of that drama queen was when the Norman PD knocked him into that concrete wall for trying to run from them. You would think getting arrested would have humbled him a little, but instead he uses it to play on this fake bad boy image. The guy is always starting non existent fueds with everyone for the most empty pathetic reasons if you've followed his career at OU. Jackson had every right to take a job with the Bengals after being fired from the Browns. He didn't quit on his own players and move on to the in state rival by his own choosing. Mayfield has been a classless juvenile bittch to Jackson twice in the last five weeks by talking shittt in postgame interviews and now staring him down on the field. Jackson has said or done nothing to warrant this type of disrespect.

Must be no veteran players with any pride in that Bengals locker room for not sticking up for your coach.

A lot of the greats have a chip on their shoulder. Jordan, Rodgers, Brady all have things they held on to as motivation. Maybe Baker is just trying to do that.

Agreed he just seems like a punk though. Hue Jackson took a job because he was fired. He is supposed to remain unemployed for the rest of the season just in case the team that fired him is a rival of his new team? Thats immaturity.

He is supposed to remain unemployed for the rest of the season just in case the team that fired him is a rival of his new team? Thats immaturity.

Maybe he doesn't like Hue for the same reasons Jared Goff doesn't like Jeff Fisher?

Inept coaching can destroy a player's career. :dunno:

Maybe he doesn't like Hue for the same reasons Jared Goff doesn't like Jeff Fisher?

Inept coaching can destroy a player's career. :dunno:

Agreed there, but he specifically made comments about Hue going to Cincy. Now that I think of it, I think Hue threw dome people under the bus when he was fired so maybe he deserves it.