Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Trump becomes first president since 2002 to not visit troops at Christmas

NBC hems and haws but ultimately admits they were FOS:

If NBC can admit they were wrong, can MDCWiffleball?

:doh:

I already congratulated Trump for finally doing the right thing and visiting the troops in a war zone. :thumbsup:

I already congratulated Trump for finally doing the right thing and visiting the troops in a war zone. :thumbsup:

"finally doing the right thing"?

Uhm...no. That's not admitting you were wrong. It's a sarcastic response and then a backhanded slap to Trump.

NBC hems and haws but ultimately admits they were FOS:

If NBC can admit they were wrong, can MDCWiffleball?

:doh:

NBC is just CNN-lite, they both fall all over themselves to ding the guy, hard to blame them though

NBC is just CNN-lite, they both fall all over themselves to ding the guy, hard to blame them though

I heard a talking head on MSNBC using the Seinfeld line of "It is not a lie if you believe it" when talking about Trump's boast of giving the troops a raise for the first time in 10 years. :lol:

"finally doing the right thing"?

Uhm...no. That's not admitting you were wrong. It's a sarcastic response and then a backhanded slap to Trump.

That's how that POS MDC/aka Sho jr rolls.

I heard a talking head on MSNBC using the Seinfeld line of "It is not a lie if you believe it" when talking about Trump's boast of giving the troops a raise for the first time in 10 years. :lol:

Any word from the troops on how they feal about his statement? Or are you taking Sharptons word as some sort of accurate description?

Any word from the troops on how they feal about his statement? Or are you taking Sharptons word as some sort of accurate description?

Sorry, it was retired 4 star General McCaffrey who said it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-politicized-iraq-visit-general-barry-mccaffrey_us_5c264797e4b05c88b6ffedbd

For the first time in his life, President Donald Trump visited service members in a combat zone and made it about himself, retired four-star Gen. Barry McCaffrey said.

Speaking to MSNBC’s Yasmin Vossoughian on Thursday, McCaffrey ― the recipient of two Silver Stars, two Distinguished Service Crosses and three Purple Hearts ― credited Trump for going to Iraq the day after Christmas but said he used it mostly as a political rally.

“It’s a good thing that the president went to Iraq and visited the troops, even better that he brought Melania along,” McCaffrey said. “It was entirely inappropriate to use that as a point of a political rally.”

During his visit, Trump signed “Make America great again” hats — a move McCaffrey called “unheard of.”

“His advance party politicized that event. They passed out those hats, for sure,” he said.

Trump boasted about how troops are getting a 10 percent pay raise. (They are not.)

“The troops all should’ve known it was all complete nonsense, but they were sort of excited the commander in chief was there and were willing to blow by it,” McCaffrey said of Trump’s lie.

McCaffery isn't a troop. But he is a political animal.

That's how that POS MDC/aka Sho jr rolls.

Gonna threaten to beat me up now tough guy? :o

McCaffery isn't a troop. But he is a political animal.

I don't know. This seems pretty compelling - "McCaffrey ― the recipient of two Silver Stars, two Distinguished Service Crosses and three Purple Hearts"

I don't know. This seems pretty compelling - "McCaffrey ― the recipient of two Silver Stars, two Distinguished Service Crosses and three Purple Hearts"

Deep State plant.

Dude, he's a General. He's about as far removed as you can be. He wasn't sweating a 1% raise vs a 2%. And he's retired. Come on

Remarkable, isnt it, that Donald Trump has made decrying fake news his calling card? Is the press hostile to him? Sure. Do they lie about him? For the most part, no. Then again, the truth is not everyones friend. As William Randolph Hearst once quipped: If Mr. Hughes will stop telling lies about me, Ill stop telling the truth about him. Or, even better, William F. Buckley said of Gore Vidal: Anyone who lies about him is doing him a favor.

On his visit to Iraq, the president lied to the troops. How can you claim to honor people you are lying to? Lying signals contempt. We are always going to protect you. And you just saw that, cause you just got one of the biggest pay raises youve ever received. . . . You havent gotten one in more than ten years. More than ten years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one.

Sure. Heres the Pentagons online account of pay raises over the past ten years. The military received raises each year for the past ten years.

Mr. Trump wasnt finished. They had plenty of people that came up, they said, You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent, we could make it 2 percent, we could make it 4 percent, Trump told the troops about the latest pay raise. I said, No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.

Anyway, did Trump request a 10 percent pay increase for the troops? No. Trumps administration requested an increase of 2.1 percent for 2018. Congress passed the National Defense Authorization Act, which included a 2.4 percent raise. In 2019, the troops will receive a 2.6 percent increase, which is the largest in nine years. But, even in the Trump era, 2.6 is not ten.

Thats from the National Review, bunch of hack libruls. :thumbsdown:

Gonna threaten to beat me up now tough guy? :o

For the 1000th time I dont hit women

For the 1000th time I dont hit women

You dont speak to them or make eye contact with them either.

You dont speak to them or make eye contact with them either.

Ooh sick burn brah.

are these the same Russian troll farms that billionaire funded for the Democrats in the moore race ?

:lol:

You're still buying the Russian narrative and have the balls to pretend you're smart.

Funny stuff kid

Shut Rachel off and seek help brah.

We were all hoping that's what you were doing in you're absence..sadly it looks like your mental illness got worse.

is stupid or just deliberately obtuse when you know you've been around? What part of the republican-controlled house did not take the build-up do you not understand? You think that came from Russian trolls? What a moron! You know honey, that's actually a part of Congressional record. Not to mention about six hundred different newspapers.

What a maroon!!!😁😁😁

It stings cause its true.

Yea thats the ticket....

You should HT this thread

True. This is really embarrassing.

• Like 1

No I can take my lumps like a man.

This time. But you've pennied.

Dont remember HTing a thread. :dunno:

Ok Digby. Wow, you are pathetic.