Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Being Bigger Than the Person You’re Asking Out Deemed Title IX Violation

According to a document about the case, the male student was deemed to have violated civil-rights law — and was guilty of sexual harassment — because he asked a female student out on a date that she did not want. Why? Because he was bigger than her, and his “physical size” meant that “he was perceived as having power over her.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/student-found-to-have-violated-title-ix-by-asking-another-student-on-a-date/

:blink:

The article accurately quoted the deposition of the Title IX case, but it left out relevant details. In fact, the male student had made repeated, unwelcome advances toward the female student and was found in violation of Title IX for stalking her. He is suing the university and alleging that its Title IX office engaged in arbitrary enforcement and racial discrimination, but his lawsuit does not contest the fact pattern left out of this article. We are retracting the article and we regret the error

The article accurately quoted the deposition of the Title IX case, but it left out relevant details. In fact, the male student had made repeated, unwelcome advances toward the female student and was found in violation of Title IX for stalking her. He is suing the university and alleging that its Title IX office engaged in arbitrary enforcement and racial discrimination, but his lawsuit does not contest the fact pattern left out of this article. We are retracting the article and we regret the error

:thumbsup:

Why are places like Harvard and Yale still getting federal funding?

Hm...interesting. So he kept pursuing her until she said yes? Kind of creepy but not illegal. What were the examples of the stalking? Cause girls nowadays have been throwing that around when there wasnt really any evidence of said stalking. Im just curious as to what shes saying the stalking was. Not saying shes wrong but I am curious as to all the details. Too many knee jerk reactions nowadays without all the details

Hm...interesting. So he kept pursuing her until she said yes? Kind of creepy but not illegal. What were the examples of the stalking? Cause girls nowadays have been throwing that around when there wasnt really any evidence of said stalking. Im just curious as to what shes saying the stalking was. Not saying shes wrong but I am curious as to all the details. Too many knee jerk reactions nowadays without all the details

I think if she said more than no thank you, like said stay away from me, or leave me alone, or stop talking to me etc....and he kept it up, then she has some reason....yeah?

I think if she said more than no thank you, like said stay away from me, or leave me alone, or stop talking to me etc....and he kept it up, then she has some reason....yeah?

It could be that he called her "sir" instead of "ma'am". :dunno:

I don't get how this was considered "Notice of Investigation of Potential Sex Discrimination,”. Sounds like just the opposite. Creepy guy won't leave a chick alone because he is hot for her. And her first mistake when he asked her out the first time was to say 'no' because she was "busy all week."

Put a restraining order on the guy or fire him and move on. Title 9? Whatever.

There is a link in the page to a court document outlining details.

It could be that he called her "sir" instead of "ma'am". :dunno:

Cannot be ruled out....

Why are places like Harvard and Yale still getting federal funding?

And Why dont the Universities back their own student loans?

• Like 1

Now that would be something.

As a father of two college students, and soon to be a 3rd, I can attest that the loan process is a giant clusterfudge of epic proportions.

lol

Aren't you the retard that started the knee-jerk "TRUMP DIDN'T VISIT THE TROOPS!!!! WAHHHHH! ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!" thread only to find out that he actually did visit the troops?

Tilt