Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

How long before the Pledge of Allegiance is gone from schools?

I don't think anyone is against the pledge, at least those who've posted in this thread. :dunno:

Yeah, you were pretty positive about it.

Yeah, you were pretty positive about it.

I said it is mindless, which it is for most. And I don't think it really makes much difference whether kids say it or not.

I said it is mindless, which it is for most. And I don't think it really makes much difference whether kids say it or not.

So what type of critical thinking should elementary students employ to figure out if they should say the pledge or not?

So what type of critical thinking should elementary students employ to figure out if they should say the pledge or not?

The short answer is....

Nothing wrong with the Pledge. I support people reciting it if they want to do so.

But if we are being pragmatic and honest in this day an age, the primary thing someone needs to consider before deciding against saying it is......Do I really feel strongly enough about this to deal with all the (what I believe to be misguided) hillbillies that are going to act like this is an act of war and start acting like bullies? Most kids will say no to that. Intimidation works well with children.

Trump is the problem one way for sure with his obstruction of justice and press intimidation among other things. It's awful. But it's also a pick your poison type thing as the loony left is off the deep end as well. I still think the damage Trump is doing is less offensive and more easily fixed.

What damage?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

- Ronald Reagan

Don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you’ve got till it’s gone

Never did it in HS, the entire school did in together in grade school every Monday. 2 kids from a different class would be selected to lead the pledge over the PA system. IMO, that's the proper amount of patriotic indoctrination.

Wow,we started every school day with it.

I'm sorry, I've been elsewhere. You mean we're still talking about the Pledge of Allegiance?

You guys realize that more Americans can recite every single member of the Kardashian Clan then can recite the first four lines of the Pledge of Allegiance?

And you wonder why I'm rooting for North Korea.

What damage?

Well, as I mentioned in that other post you quoted, the two biggest ones are obstruction of justice and an threats and interference in an independent justice department together with press intimidation. Those are beyond the pale. No president has ever done this. Then the personal attacks, chronic lying, lack of ethics, cronyism, and general incompetence.

I also have the standard policy issue differences with him as well such as Obummercare and deficit explosions, and climate change but knew those coming in and those are not what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Emoluments. Jesus crap, can we come up with a better word for that now?

Dudes making a fortune charging foreign governments to stay at his hotel in DC. He literally doubled the entrance fee for Mar Largo when he became POTUS.

And topping all that? He cleared the decks for a Chinese company proven to be spying on America and American Military because China happened to slip one of the Don's southeast Asia projects half a billion dollars in funding the week before.

Literally. Congress had already sanctioned this company. The Pentagon won't allow any of this Chinese equipment anywhere near their bases.

But they slide The Don half a billion dollars and he gets busy saving Chinese edpionage jobs.

How's this guy not brought up on about 57 different emoluments charges?

Can you start to see why the Russians so badly wanted him in office?

Wow,we started every school day with it.

For the flag buffs, 6th grade(K-8) was the best at our school. That classroom was closest to the flagpole, so that class was in charge of proper flag display. Everyday a couple of us would march outside & properly raise the flag. At the end of the day, same 2 would go outside, lower it, fold it and bring it back into the classroom.

And god help you, if you forgot to bring the flag in at the end of the day. Somebody in the community would call our 6th grade teacher...who would then call the parents of designated flag person who would either get back to school and properly take the flag down or get a week of detentions. Honestly, it's the only thing I remember from 6th grade.

I'm sorry, I've been elsewhere. You mean we're still talking about the Pledge of Allegiance?

You guys realize that more Americans can recite every single member of the Kardashian Clan then can recite the first four lines of the Pledge of Allegiance?

And you wonder why I'm rooting for North Korea.

N Korea no longer fits that saying. Id say Russia was next in line but arent we cool with them too? Do we even have any mortal enemies who are one inch away from nuking us anymore?

N Korea no longer fits that saying. Id say Russia was next in line but arent we cool with them too? Do we even have any mortal enemies who are one inch away from nuking us anymore?

Well, I guess we pretty well hosed off the Canadians don't you know, eh?

Well, I guess we pretty well hosed off the Canadians don't you know, eh?

They could invade with bomb strapped moose.

I dont care if they say it or not. But it isnt an affront to our country if they dont, and wed be no worse for the wear if it was eliminated entirely.

For the flag buffs, 6th grade(K-8) was the best at our school. That classroom was closest to the flagpole, so that class was in charge of proper flag display. Everyday a couple of us would march outside & properly raise the flag. At the end of the day, same 2 would go outside, lower it, fold it and bring it back into the classroom.

And god help you, if you forgot to bring the flag in at the end of the day. Somebody in the community would call our 6th grade teacher...who would then call the parents of designated flag person who would either get back to school and properly take the flag down or get a week of detentions. Honestly, it's the only thing I remember from 6th grade.

Did you go take it down if it started to rain?

i learned this hate this country on my own, without the help of some stupid poem.. :thumbsup: