Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Best FF Magazine or Resources?

I'm sure most of us get our information online. I like to get a ton of rankings from different magazines and resources and do my own average and then my personal opinion to create my cheat sheet.

Anyone swear by a FF magazine they use every year or have used in the past? There are so many now, surprisingly.

Pro Football Weekly

Athlon

Lindys

Street & Smith

Rotowire

Rotoworld

Engaged Media

Centennial Sports

Draft Engine

Pro Forecast

Fantasy Football Index

The only time I purchase these, is around Father's Day or now for my dad who likes one magazine every year before FF starts. He prefers PFW since he grew up reading their season preview.

Magazines are typically outdated by the time drafts start. When I did buy magazines I bought football die hards which gives a code for their online subscription.

I used to get a magazine every year that was a more off brand issue but I thought it was the best on by far, it was the only one I got every year, it was called Fantasy Football followed by the year, or something like that

I haven't really used magazines much in a couple of years but I have bought just about everyone you can name at some time or another. I have always thought they were good to use at draft time for player names and such of players you may forget about in the moment.

Now I typically look on the web and this is my favorite site. I also use the site that host my leagues, which is ESPN

At draft time I don't usually need much of anything to look at, I already know who, when, where, etc. without looking

I like PFW - the team-oriented, vs. position-oriented one. It has those AWESOME tables, where it provides you the previous year's stats, week-by-week. I also like the Grades for each position. So glad they are still publishing the Annual(s), even if the primary publication fell by the way side.

true. most mags are far out of date by the time draft day rolls around.

but I dont mind the Fantasy Football index.

some pretty knowledgeable people there overall.

Just look at nfl rosters.

No need for an outdated ff mag.

It's just the old school in me. I love technology, wayyy too much. It's refreshing to read a magazine and read other people's opinions, even if you can find a million opinions online. There's a few gems in every magazine that can be a bit helpful.

I think a lot of these have summer release issues that are up to date after the draft. Agreed, FFI is always a solid one too.

Fantasy Football Index. Though one year they had Rashard Mendenhall as their 5th RB, sort of a sneaky sleeper. I traded for him and ruined my team, thinking I was being clever.

I use to read them to over evaluate things. Defense improves puts the offense maybe on the field more- QB, WR,TE, and RB i might bump up, Offenseive line takes a hit they go down. Look at schedules what team and where its played and are they in a dome when the cold weather hits. Anymore i admit i just dont have the muster to break things down and put the time in. But yea just looking at rankings alone from experts gets stale but good to copy and adjust to how your going to draft and who you want.

I always enjoyed the Index bc of all the information/stats they had in there. However, these magazines are printed in February and March so they're pretty dated with rankings and projections. Just Google fantasy football and your options are endless.

I usually just use a magazine to mark people off as they are drafted. Like everyone else said the information is outdated. Does anyone have any opinions on the best apps to get injury news quick?

I use twitter for all updates on injuries and news.

Rotoworld just compiles tweets and snippets from news all over the nfl. That’s why it’s the single best resource anyone can use.
  • Like 1

true. most mags are far out of date by the time draft day rolls around.

but I dont mind the Fantasy Football index.

some pretty knowledgeable people there overall.

Yeah, FFI is very good. I read it front to back every year during my beach vacation, just to get psyched up for the season.