Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Alcohol shortens your life

Also not really...

USA TODAY: Here's how many years alcohol takes off your life

https://usat.ly/2qth2K1

Now for me....if having a few extra drinks throughout my life means I might live a few years less. Which are probably not the best years anyway.....im in

Ha ha, I will live longer than all of you...

Enjoy shitting yourself in the old folks home. :music_guitarred:

Already am...

That would explain why you never go out and do things. :doh:

Also not really...

USA TODAY: Here's how many years alcohol takes off your life

https://usat.ly/2qth2K1

Now for me....if having a few extra drinks throughout my life means I might live a few years less. Which are probably not the best years anyway.....im in

Nobody is trying to deny you a few drinks - regular consumption (or frequent binges) over the years is the issue. And drinking too much doesn't necessarily shorten the suffering you'll endure at the end of life; it shortens the time you are healthy.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Nobody is trying to deny you a few drinks - regular consumption (or frequent binges) over the years is the issue. And drinking too much doesn't necessarily shorten the suffering you'll endure at the end of life; it shortens the time you are healthy.

This is the way it is. Anything in moderation is fine, most things in excess can have negative effects. Binge drinkers are not in denial about this, they are well aware.

This is the way it is. Anything in moderation is fine, most things in excess can have negative effects. Binge drinkers are not in denial about this, they are well aware.

Bullsh!t. They rationalize cr@p like the OP, "well, at least I enjoyed my life" until they actually get sick.

And since you're into mincing words, what do you think of crack, meth, heroin, etc. in moderation? And who decides what constitutes a "moderate" amount?

If you had to guess, which is going to kill me first?

A) Regular Alcohol Consuption (drink at least 1 drink daily on average)

2) Gun Ownership (handle at least one gun daily on average)

I'm guessing the booze. :cheers:

lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I'd like to buy many people here a drink.

If you had to guess, which is going to kill me first?

A) Regular Alcohol Consuption (drink at least 1 drink daily on average)

2) Gun Ownership (handle at least one gun daily on average)

I'm guessing the booze. :cheers:

AIDS

AIDS

Alcohol Induced Disproportionate Suicide? :dunno:

Man asks his doctor "Doc, ya think I'll live to be 100?"

Doctor says "Well, that depends. Do you drink?" - no..... "Do you smoke?" - no.... "Do you sleep with lots of women?" - no

Doctor asks "Why the hell do you want to live to be 100?"

• Like 1

Doctor says "Well, that depends. Do you drink?" - no..... "Do you smoke?" - no.... "Do you sleep with lots of women?" - no

:first:

AIDS

Artificially Introduced Doctor Sh!t? :dunno:

Absolutely Irrefutably Dumb Suggestion? :dunno:

:first:

AIDS

Accidental Intoxicated Discharge Stupid? :dunno:

AIDS

Actually I Dunno Sh!t. :dunno:

This pisses me off. I've been through 50 years of one week they tell us that it shortens our life and then the next week they tell us that it lengthens our life. Then they tell us wine but not booze. Then they tell us beer but not wine. Then they tell us no more than 2 drinks. Then they tell us no more than one a week. It goes on and on. Fuk them. They don't know. And the honest answer? Is it's almost all genetic in the first place. How many times have we seen one of those stories of Sallie Mae Jefferson live to be a hundred and ninety seven years old by smoking cigarettes and drinking pure rotgut to wash down her bacon everyday?

• Like 1

Im probably one of the lowest alcohol consumers around here over the last decade. I was always a drink when Im out drinking but never the rest of the time type. Even in my heavy years, Id have ten drinks in a week, but they were all Friday and Saturday night.

That said, if the alcohol Ive consumed shaves off a couple years, oh well. The memories going through my head as I approach the light at the end of the tunnel? I was drinking during most of them.

This ###### pisses me off. I've been through 50 years of one week they tell us that it shortens our life and then the next week they tell us that it lengthens our life. Then they tell us wine but not booze. Then they tell us beer but not wine. Then they tell us no more than 2 drinks. Then they tell us no more than one a week. It goes on and on. Fuk them. They don't know. And the honest answer? Is it's almost all genetic in the first place. How many times have we seen one of those stories of Sallie Mae Jefferson live to be a hundred and ninety seven years old by smoking cigarettes and drinking pure rotgut to wash down her bacon everyday?

They've been pretty consistent. Drinking in excess has always been bad. Moderate consumption of some types of alcohol might be cardioproptective, but not enough to recommend it for general health. The only thing that has changed is what constitutes a moderate amount. :dunno:

And yeah, genetics do play a major role in longevity. But your genes aren't gonna be changing anytime soon, so it makes sense to focus on modifiable risk factors.

The memories going through my head as I approach the light at the end of the tunnel? I was drinking during most of them.

I wonder if this is true for most people who drink? Sure it's fun and relaxing, I guess, but your most memorable life experiences?

I wonder if this is true for most people who drink? Sure it's fun and relaxing, I guess, but your most memorable life experiences?

Fock yeah

Looks like I'm gonna toss a few hours away tonight. :lol: :cheers: