Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

the preseason hype that is Colt McCoy

Its preseason but he's looked pretty good in the 1st 2 games. I think he might be worth a spot on the bench in deep leagues.

Absolutely. He won't put up major yards, but he has 2 decent TEs & a pass catching RB. Now if one of the WRs show up.....? Deep leagues take notice.

Pat Shurmur throws the ball a TON. The Rams were top 6 last year in pass attempts per game. Shurmur runs a West Coast scheme, and is a graduate of the Andy Reid "throw the ball on 3rd and 1" ideaology. Add to that the fact that Colt McCoy is a running QB, and I'm willing to take a chance on him as a QB2 in round 14.

Put me on the band wagon.

Perfect offense for him to thrive and mature in. If Little pans out and Hillis gets spelled. MIght be a decent year for my Browns :lock: Of course 8-8 would be decent year if judging against past years :D

Greg Little seems like a pretty good player and there is no real #1 WR over there...he might be a nice late round sleeper. Since I don't follow college, I don't know his game. Anyone have input regarding his strengths/weaknesses and potential in the NFL?

Greg Little seems like a pretty good player and there is no real #1 WR over there...he might be a nice late round sleeper. Since I don't follow college, I don't know his game. Anyone have input regarding his strengths/weaknesses and potential in the NFL?

As an ex-UNC grad student, I've seen him play a fair bit. He's pretty big for a WR, and he was converted from runningback in college to WR. Great yards after the catch guy.

Problem is, he's having mental lapses in training camp so far. So I wouldn't move him far up your WR flier list yet.

Evan Moore looks like he can be a real weapon for McCoy. Should put up decent numbers. Very Pennington-like.

Dang...now they kind of have to trade him it would seem. Tough to say who might want him...KC maybe...I could see him beating out Cassel, mYBE. :unsure:

Dang...now they kind of have to trade him it would seem. Tough to say who might want him...KC maybe...I could see him beating out Cassel, mYBE. :unsure:

My immediate first thought would be Dallas giving up like a 5th rounder for Colt McCoy to come in as a great back up for Romo. Colt played at Texas and Dallas seems to always have crappy back up QB's whenver Romo is out a game or two.

My immediate first thought would be Dallas giving up like a 5th rounder for Colt McCoy to come in as a great back up for Romo. Colt played at Texas and Dallas seems to always have crappy back up QB's whenver Romo is out a game or two.

Dallas addressed that spot by getting Orton this offseason.

Dallas addressed that spot by getting Orton this offseason.

NeckBeard is in Dallas? Didn't know that. Well there you go. :thumbsup:

Reports out there that GB has discussed interest in trading for him with the Browns.

Reports out there that GB has discussed interest in trading for him with the Browns.

For a 6th or 7th rounder...great move for GB to get him in with Rodgers, Clements, and McCarthy. Could become a solid backup and able to move him for a better pick in a year or two.

Anything more than a 6th...no thanks.