Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Victoria's Secret 'sorry' for transgender model comments - THE LOONS ARE WINNING!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46163922

Victoria's Secret chief marketing officer has apologised for comments he made about transgender models.
In an interview with Vogue magazine, Ed Razek had said the lingerie company's annual shows were "a fantasy" and should not include them. Mr Razek later said his remarks were "insensitive".
The 2018 show took place on 8 November in New York, featuring models Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner.
Victoria's Secret has been grappling with falling sales since 2016
In a wide-ranging interview published on Thursday, Mr Razek and the company's executive vice-president of public relations, Monica Mitro, were asked whether the brand was putting more emphasis on diversity.
Mr Razek, who is part of the casting team, admitted that he had "considered" putting transgender and plus-sized models in the show, but had not as the company "did not market to the whole world".
Mr Razek went on to say: "Does the brand think about diversity? Yes. Do we offer larger sizes? Yes... Shouldn't you have transsexuals in the show? No. No, I don't think we should."
"The show is a fantasy. It's a 42-minute entertainment special. That's what it is. It is the only one of its kind in the world," he said.

:mad:

Will they also be looking to add in those with PTSD? Schizoprenia? How about eating disorders? Should Bipolar folks have a place? Dis associative disorder?

I see no reason to limit this to those with gender dysphoria

Shes probably a nutcase, but in this instance whoever Tweeted this is correct:

An 80 year old man owns the company and a 70 year old man runs it. And their archaic perspectives - on women, on gender, on plus size folks, on trans folks - are making VS a worse brand by the day.

Not sure an 80 year old dude is who you want in charge of a lingerie company.

Shes probably a nutcase, but in this instance whoever Tweeted this is correct:

Not sure an 80 year old dude is who you want in charge of a lingerie company.

Theyve been doing a dam good job so far :dunno:

• Like 1

Theyve been doing a dam good job so far :dunno:

I don't think 20 and 30 something year old women want to buy lingerie from a 80 y/o dude. Which might have something to do with sales declining recently.

You know, selling bras exclusively to women, you're really only utilising fifty percent of the market

VS is still king in the US, but most of their stores in are malls, which continue to decline at a rapid pace. Chicks are also seeking more natural looks instead of the glitz and fluff that VS is known for. It was bound to happen, as brands like VS only have a certain amount of longevity before they fall out of favor with the next generation.

Plus, Big Pete really took a bite out of their market share a few years ago, and they've never fully recovered.

I assume it's hard to do the wiener tuck and walk in high heels. Let's get an expert opinion on that. MDC, how do you do it?

Okay, that was 😁

• Like 1

I assume it's hard to do the wiener tuck and walk in high heels. Let's get an expert opinion on that. MDC, how do you do it?

Sounds like something youve thought about a lot.

Filthy at home:

:lol: :lol:

Filthy: bringing the laughter and beatdowns since 2006.

MDC still trying to recover and failing miserably.

• Like 1

Victoria's Secret really missed out on the bralette. Leaving them struggling ever since. However, women and their bust lines and their support garments change more frequently than the freaking weather. With the holidays, men only know one place to shop. Or only want one place to shop. And they don't know what the hell a bralette is. And they're sure as hell not going to go looking for it.

And fock the tranny's. Jeesus, they're .1pct of the population.

I don't think 20 and 30 something year old women want to buy lingerie from a 80 y/o dude. Which might have something to do with sales declining recently.

I dont think women even know who runs it or care who does. From what i hear the biggest problem is the cost of their stuff. That and places like Target have bras and panties a lot cheaper. More and more I keep hearing about women choosing to get their stuff from target instead of VS. That and if a women wants skimpy lingerie they will go to an actual lingerie store that has more of a selection

They should just cast all transgenders. Then rename it to, the Victoria Secret Drag Show.

The thing is, this event is entertainment. They are casting people in roles just like actors in a movie.

Could you imagine if some skinny black trans was cast in Eastwood's role as Harry Callahan in Dirty Harry? I think that would have been a whole different movie.

I dont think women even know who runs it or care who does. From what i hear the biggest problem is the cost of their stuff. That and places like Target have bras and panties a lot cheaper. More and more I keep hearing about women choosing to get their stuff from target instead of VS. That and if a women wants skimpy lingerie they will go to an actual lingerie store that has more of a selection

It's like I said above. That's actually the genius. There isn't a guy alive he's going to go rifling through the panty section at Target when everybody's just walking by looking at this pervert.

do you want to see think the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is built for women? Like they're all give me walking around with giant ass Wings on their way to work.

VS is overpriced and built on fantasy. And that's exactly the target market they're going for, stupid men with big wallets.

The problem with trannies is that they think they are beautiful.

Their tranny friends and support system all tell them how pretty they are until the delusion becomes the norm.

This delusion snowballs until we have an army of dudes in lingerie and size 12 pumps demanding to be runway models.

The end is near.

I don't think there is a "problem" with transgenders per se......

I think the "problem" is with the SJW-types who seem absolutely intent to have something to protest, and who make any situation around folks with gender dysphoria their "thing" to either poke at people who disagree or gain some enhanced standing in their peer group, to gain a higher moral rung in the SJW landscape.

The problem with trannies is that they think they are beautiful.

Their tranny friends and support system all tell them how pretty they are until the delusion becomes the norm.

This delusion snowballs until we have an army of dudes in lingerie and size 12 pumps demanding to be runway models.

The end is near.

https://www.google.com/search?q=beautiful+transgender&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjf2dD78tPeAhXBg-AKHUTuAe8Q_AUIEygB&biw=1280&bih=580

:dunno:

I don't think there is a "problem" with transgenders per se......

I think the "problem" is with the SJW-types who seem absolutely intent to have something to protest, and who make any situation around folks with gender dysphoria their "thing" to either poke at people who disagree or gain some enhanced standing in their peer group, to gain a higher moral rung in the SJW landscape.

Let SJWs complain until they're blue in the face, they already don't shop there. VS probably sells more to trannies than SJWs even though they are outnumbered 1000:1

Let SJWs complain until they're blue in the face, they already don't shop there. VS probably sells more to trannies than SJWs even though they are outnumbered 1000:1

Politicians are bowing to them at alarming levels....

I don't care about transgenders, they can do what they want. The things the Dems want to do, won't help the trans community in the long run. They still have mental disorders and eventually, the birds will come home to roost... and then the Dems will find a way to blame the Republicans.

Trannies? No way do we need to see them in ads.

The real problem is that they are telling companies like Victoria's Secret that they need plus size models (a.k.a. fatties) as models. Umm, no they don't. I want my lingerie models to be thin (not anorexic) and hot. If they want fatty models for lingerie, go to Walmart.

Trannies? No way do we need to see them in ads.

The real problem is that they are telling companies like Victoria's Secret that they need plus size models (a.k.a. fatties) as models. Umm, no they don't. I want my lingerie models to be thin (not anorexic) and hot. If they want fatty models for lingerie, go to Walmart.

Or Lane Bryant. That said, I think their current models could stand to add a few pounds.

Or Lane Bryant. That said, I think their current models could stand to add a few pounds.

Lane Bryant? Not raunchy enough for me. I think that is for grandmas or something.

Lane Bryant? Not raunchy enough for me. I think that is for grandmas or something.

I think that's for extra beefy chicks (size 10+?)... clothes and lingerie I believe. Not sure though.

Holy crap, from what I saw when I went out today? That whole bralette thing is not going to work for a huge bunch of women.