Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

That's it. Nothing is sacred anymore

#3 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Boy Scouts the world over will rejoice as this gives them their best chance to talk to a real live girl.

#4 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,597 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Trump will tweet here shortly and take care of this too

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#5 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,719 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Boy Scouts the world over will rejoice as this gives them their best chance to talk to a real live girl.

This.

Best news ever if you're a pimply-faced 15 year old wearing a sash across your chest with 20 badges on it

#6 Alias Detective

Alias Detective

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Eagle Scout dating service. ......

#7 frank

frank

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,652 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

This completely changes my New Year's Eve plans.

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

OOTMFFOTB

#8 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,909 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

This.

Best news ever if you're a pimply-faced 15 year old wearing a sash across your chest with 20 badges on it

I'm an Eagle Scout; my accomplishment is in the Congressional Record and it served me well on my resume for years after graduating, as it conveys an overall image of awesomeness.  Sorry you didn't have what it takes to do it.

That being said, one of the earliest set of boobs I got to play with, and I believe the largest to this day, belonged to the daughter of our scout master.  They were magnificent for a 15 year old. :wub:

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse." -- John Stuart Mill

#9 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,935 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

I'm an Eagle Scout; my accomplishment is in the Congressional Record and it served me well on my resume for years after graduating, as it conveys an overall image of awesomeness.  Sorry you didn't have what it takes to do it.

That being said, one of the earliest set of boobs I got to play with, and I believe the largest to this day, belonged to the daughter of our scout master.  They were magnificent for a 15 year old. :wub:

I made it to life, lingered there a while, and quit. My parents tried to make me finish, but once I got a car, I was pretty over it.

#10 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,719 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

I made it to life, lingered there a while, and quit. My parents tried to make me finish, but once I got a car, I was pretty over it.

Same.

Most kids that got to Eagle, seemed like it was their parents that actually did most of it

#11 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,909 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

It's tough as a teen.  I think I was lucky that I went through the program as fast as you can, and I think achieved Eagle at 15.  The summer I turned 16 I was introduced to cars and secks and very well may have punted.  My younger bro stopped at Life as well.  Also I was a crazy overachiever as a kid.  :cheers:

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse." -- John Stuart Mill

#12 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,935 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

It's tough as a teen.  I think I was lucky that I went through the program as fast as you can, and I think achieved Eagle at 15.  The summer I turned 16 I was introduced to cars and secks and very well may have punted.  My younger bro stopped at Life as well.  Also I was a crazy overachiever as a kid.  :cheers:

I remember loving it as a kid. I sailed through all the ranks up to life.

Eventually All the other older kids were doing stuff like preparing to do that hike out in Arizona (you know, the really tough place. Cant think of the name.)

So me and a couple others basically became babysitters for the younger kids. It got old fast.

I think all I really lacked was the service project. I just had lost interest by then. Has a lot of good times in scouts though, glad I did it.

#13 Big Guy

Big Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Dumba$$es!

There is no good reason for this, just more "progressive" crap dismantling America.

If you won't stand for my Flag, I won't sit for your game!

#14 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,909 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Dumba$$es!

There is no good reason for this, just more "progressive" crap dismantling America.

Well, one of the purported reasons in the OP link is that families are increasingly stressed for time with single parents or dual working parents, so it would be helpful if the girls could joint the boys in the same activities.  Personally I think the real reason was discussed later in the article by the girl scouts, which said the BSA is trying to overcome declining enrollment.  :thumbsup:

#15 Big Guy

Big Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Well, one of the purported reasons in the OP link is that families are increasingly stressed for time with single parents or dual working parents, so it would be helpful if the girls could joint the boys in the same activities.  Personally I think the real reason was discussed later in the article by the girl scouts, which said the BSA is trying to overcome declining enrollment.  :thumbsup:

ok, so maybe it's NOT part of the existing conspiracy, but wrong's wrong with downsizing?

#16 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,935 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

ok, so maybe it's NOT part of the existing conspiracy, but wrong's wrong with downsizing?

What exactly is the problem with having girls and boys mixed for scouting?

Aside from the obvious difficulties in making sure that the children are properly supervised, I dont see it.

The Girl Scouts has always sucked. My sister was one. They dont do half the things Boy Scouts did, or have anywhere near the infrastructure.

If a girl wants to do scouting, and learn the outdoors skills and life lessons scouting provides, Im glad the BSA is allowing it.

They should buy out the GSA and just be the Young Scouts of America or some such.

#17 Big Guy

Big Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:03 AM

What exactly is the problem with having girls and boys mixed for scouting?

Aside from the obvious difficulties in making sure that the children are properly supervised, I dont see it.

The Girl Scouts has always sucked. My sister was one. They dont do half the things Boy Scouts did, or have anywhere near the infrastructure.

If a girl wants to do scouting, and learn the outdoors skills and life lessons scouting provides, Im glad the BSA is allowing it.

They should buy out the GSA and just be the Young Scouts of America or some such.

um, because girls aren't boys 

I was a boy scout, you? 

#18 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,935 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

um, because girls aren't boys 

I was a boy scout, you? 

Yes. As mentioned above, from cub scouts through weblows through life.

Im just saying, what major benefit is there from having boys only in scouting? Im not being snarky, there may be one Im not aware of.

#19 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,719 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:49 AM

Im just saying, what major benefit is there from having boys only in scouting? Im not being snarky, there may be one Im not aware of.

Building male camaraderie?

Also perfect ratio for the molester scoutmaster :thumbsup:

#20 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

They're still going to have all boy and all girl dens?

What exactly did this accomplish again?

#21 Big Guy

Big Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

#22 Saint Elistan

Saint Elistan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

My step-son joined the scouts two weeks ago and they already had a girl in his group.   :dunno:

KAEP N CRUNCH

#23 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,781 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

My step-son joined the scouts two weeks ago and they already had a girl in his group.   :dunno:

you ?

#24 Alias Detective

Alias Detective

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Great, your son can join Girls on the run now.

#25 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,909 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

Wait, you are married with a step kid?  When did this happen?  :unsure:

#26 Saint Elistan

Saint Elistan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Wait, you are married with a step kid?  When did this happen?  :unsure:

Heh - April 25th I got married.  Have three step children now (3,4, and 6) with one on the way (due February 28th).

KAEP N CRUNCH

#27 frank

frank

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,652 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

Heh - April 25th I got married.  Have three step children now (3,4, and 6) with one on the way (due February 28th).

You have a step-child on the way?

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

OOTMFFOTB

#28 Kopy

Kopy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

Haaaaaaa. LOL!

Spit my beer out on that one.
<p>......SEATTLE SEAHAWKS......      Future Dynasty

#29 Saint Elistan

Saint Elistan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Well played.   :first:

KAEP N CRUNCH

#30 Cloaca du jour

Cloaca du jour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

The ones who are really pissed are the girl scouts... the girls want to do more hiking and camping and firemaking.. not fllower arranging and baking. If it were more survival skill based girls wouldnt want to leave

#31 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,935 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

The ones who are really pissed are the girl scouts... the girls want to do more hiking and camping and firemaking.. not fllower arranging and baking. If it were more survival skill based girls wouldnt want to leave

The Girl Scouts sell cookies and have dances with their fathers. Thats really about it. Its a crap organization.