Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Noob

2 QB's in Draft

My league drafts 2QB,2RB,3WR,2TE and a WR/TE and WR/RB flex position with some defensive spots as well.

The settings are PPR, RB10yds a pnt with bonus at 150, WR20yds a pnt with bonus at 150, QB20yds a pnt with bonus at 250. All TD passing or rushing are worth 6. The bonus for QB at 250 is 20pnts, and WR and RB is 15pnts.

My question is this, the QB bonus and points seem to add up to more than any other position, should I go QB/QB in first two rounds? Its only a ten team league. I think if I do this I will stil manage to get a couple decent RB's in the next few rounds. Would this be a crazy draft strategy? Also, how early should I start in on TE's, they would seem to be the third trouble spot behind RB, and QB.

Does this all depend on where I draft? If I go first 4 then go RB and hope only a few wise up and snag two QB's in the next two rounds? But if go after 4th go QB/QB and hope it starts a run so I can get a decent RB later?

Can someone confirm or deny for me that I am on the right track with this strategy? Never played in a two QB league before.

Can someone confirm or deny for me that I am on the right track with this strategy? Never played in a two QB league before.

I haven't played a 2 QB league... But if you use the compiler/buddy they should stack up estimates for scoring and you could throw together a simulated team... I'd guess that even with the bonus your still better off nabbing high end RBs and WRs... They drop off so quickly in points that even if you snag Hasselback/McNabb/Brady and E.Manning/Green/Bulger your ppbly still better off with 4 good RB/WR and 2 decent QB's...

Quick estimates (not run in the compiler...)

2 High end RB's 300 points

2 High end WR's 180 points

2 Mid/Low QB's 400 points

------------------------------

About 880 or so

2 Mid/Low RB's 200 points

2 Mid/Low WR's 140 points

2 High end QB's 460 points

------------------------------

About 800 or so

The QB points might be low as my cheatsheet doesn't have all of your bonus's, but your losing about 80 possible points if you drop in 2 areas to nab a couple top end QB's... All of the RB's WR's will likely be gone by the time your looking to pick them up...

Bottom line - I'd run it in the compiler/buddy to simulate it first...