Sign in to follow this  
mrgymrat

Help Thread - Ask Away

Week 4

Pick 2- Forte, Lewis, & C. Johnson

Pick 1- Evans or V. Jax

Pick 1- Rivers or Big Ben

I am leaning towards Forte, Lewis, Evans, and Rivers.....I do think PHI will give Forte a hard time, which is why i'm tempted to start 4.24 against Minny (which is also a horrible matchup)

Would you trade T. Jones & R. White for B. Edwards & Ricky Williams? Its a 12 team non PPR league. Team is listed below.

Warner

Portis, Bush, T. Jones, D. Ward, Betts

Holt, Cotchery, White, Lloyd

LJ Smith

Steelers

Rackers

have fitz and boldin...wanted to break up that duo since right after draft night (boldin's value was too good to pass up on with the first pick in the 5th round). anyway, i can obtain braylon edwards for Anquan...is that a good buy low, sell high?

I would actually trade Fitz before Boldin. I'm also sure that I would not want a part of Edwards, especially if the Browns are considering a change to Brady Quinn.

Fitz was ranked in the top 10 in the pre-season WR rankings so you should get someone along the lines of Plax, Housh, Steve Smith, Colston. Edwards was ranked as high as #3 but wow, I'm not seeing it now.

Plax is a redzone target who you could get if you are willing to wait out the Wk 5 suspension. I have Steve Smith but am still waiting for him to bust out so I think he's a bit risky (especially after last season).

Sorry to disagree. If you really think Edwards will come thru then do it. I just don't see it.

Week 4

Pick 2- Forte, Lewis, & C. Johnson

Pick 1- Evans or V. Jax

Pick 1- Rivers or Big Ben

I am leaning towards Forte, Lewis, Evans, and Rivers.....I do think PHI will give Forte a hard time, which is why i'm tempted to start 4.24 against Minny (which is also a horrible matchup)

1. Forte - tough matchup but he ran for 123y vs IND, 92y vs CAR, 89y vs TB which are some of the stouter DSTs. He also had 7 catches for 66y vs the Bucs as well. So he will get his.

2. Lewis - vs porous Bengals DST

3. Chris Johnson vs MIN - bad matchup (I actually dropped CJ for Slaton this week as Lendale gets all the redzone touches)

Evans vs the Rams - that's a gimme

Rivers - no question

Would you trade T. Jones & R. White for B. Edwards & Ricky Williams? Its a 12 team non PPR league. Team is listed below.

Warner

Portis, Bush, T. Jones, D. Ward, Betts

Holt, Cotchery, White, Lloyd

LJ Smith

Steelers

Rackers

YEP! I have Thomas Jones in 2 of my 7 leagues and he does nothing for me. To be able to take a chance on Edwards, oh yeah, sign me up!!!! Ricky could help or not, doesn't matter.

P-U-L-L the trigger! :overhead:

Warning this is ugly. Non PPR league and i'm needing a TE to ride for awhile. Had Davis and got 0 points, then picked up LJ Smith and got 0. looking for some production from a TE. Best available is Davis, Lee, and Rosario? Which one do i ride till there bye?

Graham-Roy Williams 4 Grant-Braylon?

If I'm getting Grant & Braylon then I am all over this trade. If I'm getting Graham & Roy, no thanks I'll wait until the Browns get it together.

Warning this is ugly. Non PPR league and i'm needing a TE to ride for awhile. Had Davis and got 0 points, then picked up LJ Smith and got 0. looking for some production from a TE. Best available is Davis, Lee, and Rosario? Which one do i ride till there bye?

Lee - (Wk 1) 3/10yds (Wk 2) 2/27 (Wk 3) 5/41

Davis - (Wk 1) 3/51 (Wk 2) 0/0 (Wk 3) 1/17

Rosario - it appears that Jeff King is the CAR starter now

Unless Rosario starts again, I would go with Lee. He has been useful for the Packers in the past, has good hands, and is a nice redzone target (at least he was for Favre... maybe Rodgers will figure that out as well)

Who will be the more dependable QB this year, Rivers or Big Ben? I am thinking about putting Ben on the trading block. I am nervous that Rivers numbers will decrease once LT and Sproles start pounding the ball. Ben's O-line and injury make me leery. It's a tough situation....Also, is it worth hanging onto C. Johnson? He's gotta lotta hype, but I just dont see consistent fantasy points. Lenwhale is killing me with all his goal line TD's.

Bone head move with both my QBs on a bye next week.. Favre and Derek Anderson. DA is killing me but think he may save himself this week...so - I have been shopping for a QB as our wire is thin. All teams must draft and only carry 2 QBs...so next week, I either dump one and get nothing or make a deal.

We are in a PPR league and I have Fitzgerald, TJ Hous, Driver, Bruce & J. Walker as my WRs.

2 deals I've been offered include me giving up Fitzgerald.

1. give Favre and Fitz for Rivers and Santana Moss

2. give Favre and Fitz for Warner and Braylon Edwards or Colston (not sure when he's returning, or may be more interested here...)

At a smaller level I am also in talks for Big Ben or Rogers for TJ House...not sure if they'll bite.

So...what the H#ck do I do here...sit tight and grab Trent Green or who ever is out there and dump DA next week and ride out Favre after his bye...or lose Fitzgerald basically because I need a QB for a week...

Any advice will be appreciated.

seh2000

Who will be the more dependable QB this year, Rivers or Big Ben? I am thinking about putting Ben on the trading block. I am nervous that Rivers numbers will decrease once LT and Sproles start pounding the ball. Ben's O-line and injury make me leery. It's a tough situation....Also, is it worth hanging onto C. Johnson? He's gotta lotta hype, but I just dont see consistent fantasy points. Lenwhale is killing me with all his goal line TD's.

I would keep Rivers over Big Ben and would also put him on the block. Steelers are a run first team and Big Ben's injury should be a concern. I think now that Chambers has hit his stride that the Chargers will be better at throwing the ball. LT's injury could shift the emphasis to being more balanced on offense (which would be a good thing for the Chargers).

If you're talking about Chris Johnson, I dropped him this week so that I could add Slaton and keep Felix Jones. Johnson doesn't get enough touches and Lendale (who I have in one of my leagues) has been pretty steady (2 TDs last week). I see no reason for the Titans to change which means CJ won't be worth much.

It will be interesting to see how quickly he gets picked up in the league that I dropped him.

GL

Bone head move with both my QBs on a bye next week.. Favre and Derek Anderson. DA is killing me but think he may save himself this week...so - I have been shopping for a QB as our wire is thin. All teams must draft and only carry 2 QBs...so next week, I either dump one and get nothing or make a deal.

We are in a PPR league and I have Fitzgerald, TJ Hous, Driver, Bruce & J. Walker as my WRs.

2 deals I've been offered include me giving up Fitzgerald.

1. give Favre and Fitz for Rivers and Santana Moss

2. give Favre and Fitz for Warner and Braylon Edwards or Colston (not sure when he's returning, or may be more interested here...)

FIRST THING, I don't give up Housh.

I would do deal #2 as you get a better WR than Santana Moss (who scares me with the inconsistencies of Jason Campbell). If it was me I would go with Colston as the thought of trading for Edwards and having the Browns switch to Quinn worries me. I don't have your optimism for DA as you do and think it's only a matter of time before they go to Quinn.

I would rather have Warner & Colston that Favre & Fitz anyway... hope this helps!

I would rather have Warner & Colston that Favre & Fitz anyway... hope this helps!

Why do you favor Colston and Warner more than Favre and Fitz? Just curious...

also, do you know an ETA on Colston? I head early to mid-Oct...that means I am playing TJ and Driver as my WRs along with Warner hoping he does not get hurt or they get the itch to play their investment of Leinart.

I hate this, as I always make up something that slows me from pulling the trigger... :shocking:

I appreciate the help!!

Which QB should I start ?

Big Ben vs Ravens at Pittsburgh

or

Jason Campbell vs Cowboys at Dallas

Thanks!!! :shocking:

Why do you favor Colston and Warner more than Favre and Fitz? Just curious...

also, do you know an ETA on Colston? I head early to mid-Oct...that means I am playing TJ and Driver as my WRs along with Warner hoping he does not get hurt or they get the itch to play their investment of Leinart.

I hate this, as I always make up something that slows me from pulling the trigger... :shocking:

Not real sold on Favre as he seems kind of sketchy still while not knowing the offense. Warner is the one who makes the Cardinals offense work, not Leinart, so as long as he stays healthy he will put up stats. While Warner is an injury risk, he is throwing to 2 stud WRs.

I have had Colston every year he has played and he has yet to disappoint. Fitz has to contend with Boldin, Colston is the undisputed #1 option in the Saints passing game when healthy. Have you thought about dropping Walker and adding Meachem in his place until Colston gets back?

I appreciate the help!!

Which QB should I start ?

Big Ben vs Ravens at Pittsburgh

or

Jason Campbell vs Cowboys at Dallas

Thanks!!! :shocking:

Hey Connorsdad-

You have been on here for a long time. You have the hardest question to date. I actually don't know what to tell you as those are 2 QBs that I would never have. BAL DST is a tough draw, especially with a rookie RB, but maybe that means the Steelers will have to throw more despite the 2 injuries (which is what CBS Sportsline is predicting).

I think the Cowboys absolutely dominate the Redskins at home. They say that Campbell is getting a grasp of the West Coast offense and improving. His stats last year vs the Boys in 2 games was 348yds, 2 TDs and 1 pick. Divide that by two and I would rather take my chances with a slightly damaged Big Ben.

Hope this helps!

who do I start as my second rb: Chris Perry or Larry Johnson?

and

who do I start as my flex: the remaining rb from above or Bryant Johnson?

Thanks a lot

who do I start as my second rb: Chris Perry or Larry Johnson?

and

who do I start as my flex: the remaining rb from above or Bryant Johnson?

Thanks a lot

No way I don't start both Perry vs CLE and LJ vs DEN. They both should be able to run at will.

Not real sold on Favre as he seems kind of sketchy still while not knowing the offense. Warner is the one who makes the Cardinals offense work, not Leinart, so as long as he stays healthy he will put up stats. While Warner is an injury risk, he is throwing to 2 stud WRs.

I have had Colston every year he has played and he has yet to disappoint. Fitz has to contend with Boldin, Colston is the undisputed #1 option in the Saints passing game when healthy. Have you thought about dropping Walker and adding Meachem in his place until Colston gets back?

Meach is gone - guys like Randel El, Ike Hilliard, Toomer, Devery Henderson...etc are left. I am trying to search all over for insight at to Colstons projected return...can't find it anywhere!

:shocking:

Meach is gone - guys like Randel El, Ike Hilliard, Toomer, Devery Henderson...etc are left. I am trying to search all over for insight at to Colstons projected return...can't find it anywhere!

:shocking:

Early to mid October is what I heard but then the injury report said that he was finally ruled out for Sunday (which makes no sense since we all knew he wasn't playing).

CBS Sportsline is predicting Edwards will break out this week along with DA vs the Bengals. You might be better off going that direction and hoping they are right.

I'm back like a bad penny! Here's what I think is a good lead on the trade I was asking about before...

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin revealed Thursday that Darren McFadden's turf toe "is really bothering him" again. McFadden only took part in a limited portion of practice Thursday. "McFadden was limited which was kind of a surprise to us," Kiffin said. "We thought we’d have him out here for more."

McFadden hobbled on the toe making his way to the practice field, then was only able to practice at three quarters speed. McFadden is reportedly still expected to start Week 4, but may need to do more in Friday's practice for that to be a sure thing. Sep. 25 - 7:43 pm et

So I picked M. Bush back up off of waivers as possible trade material for McFadden's owner. Turns out his team is:

QB: McNabb, Delhomme RB: McFadden, Felix Jones, Jacobs (bye week) WR: TO, AJ, Megatron, Devin Thomas (and two K's, TE's, and Def's)

So figuring try for AJ or TO, though wondering if it's more upside or downside having Romo and TO (if Romo has a bad game...). My figuring is Lewis and M. Bush for AJ. Not sure - maybe Lewis, M. Bush, and D. Jackson (provides a potential replacement to start and a bit more attractive). What do you think - AJ or TO and are these offers reasonable? Want it to be considered and not rejected outright! Thanks again!

Ok, go with the studs or the supposed dud? 2 out of 3 here....Bush, Portis, or Perry? I know Bush is a given and Portis is almost a lock, but should I consider Perry against the Browns? While youre at it. stick with Vernon davis at te or pick up Scaife (im playing a guy who is starting Collins)

I'm back like a bad penny! Here's what I think is a good lead on the trade I was asking about before...

So I picked M. Bush back up off of waivers as possible trade material for McFadden's owner. Turns out his team is:

QB: McNabb, Delhomme RB: McFadden, Felix Jones, Jacobs (bye week) WR: TO, AJ, Megatron, Devin Thomas (and two K's, TE's, and Def's)

So figuring try for AJ or TO, though wondering if it's more upside or downside having Romo and TO (if Romo has a bad game...). My figuring is Lewis and M. Bush for AJ. Not sure - maybe Lewis, M. Bush, and D. Jackson (provides a potential replacement to start and a bit more attractive). What do you think - AJ or TO and are these offers reasonable? Want it to be considered and not rejected outright! Thanks again!

I don't think it's enough for T.O. but you never know for AJ. I always believe that if an owner doesn't already have the handcuff to their starter (In this case Bush to McFadden) that they probably won't trade for them. I think the Lewis, M Bush & DeSean Jax might work. Try that.

Ok, go with the studs or the supposed dud? 2 out of 3 here....Bush, Portis, or Perry? I know Bush is a given and Portis is almost a lock, but should I consider Perry against the Browns? While youre at it. stick with Vernon davis at te or pick up Scaife (im playing a guy who is starting Collins)

The Boys shut down Portis last year in their first meeting in Wk 11 and I get the sense that they will roll again this week. I would much rather play Perry vs a bad Browns team. I think Cincy's offense will get on track after last week's solid game vs the Giants.

As for Davis, I started him last year for the first 4 weeks expecting him to be ok and finally got tired of him doing nothing and replaced him with guess who... Bo Scaife! Maybe Scaife will be better with Collins instead of Vince. I'd probably look elsewhere but if those are the two choices, try Scaife.

slaton vs jax

t. jones vs ari

stewart vs atl

selvin vs kc

c johnson vs min

pick 2. thanks

slaton vs jax

t. jones vs ari

stewart vs atl

selvin vs kc

c johnson vs min

pick 2. thanks

1. Stewart vs ATL - nice matchup

2. Slaton vs JAX - tough matchup but I think Slaton is the real deal

3. T Jones vs ARI - I have T Jones and have not been impressed. Should be a good matchup be he has been disappointing

4. Selvin vs KC - great matchup but how many carries will Selvin get? Will probably be his best shot at +100yds rushing

5. C Johnson vs MIN - bad matchup & he only gets a hand full of touches

I've got Edwards and Coles on my bench. Which one do I give up? (I've also got Bowe, but I'm thinking he's the one to keep of the three) I'm leaning toward giving up Coles, but it might be out of some kind of loyalty to Edwards for saving my season last year.

Non keeper league, point per reception.

I've got Edwards and Coles on my bench. Which one do I give up? (I've also got Bowe, but I'm thinking he's the one to keep of the three) I'm leaning toward giving up Coles, but it might be out of some kind of loyalty to Edwards for saving my season last year.

Non keeper league, point per reception.

Yeah, I agree that you can't just drop Edwards. Coles has to be the drop. Somebody in one of my leagues just randomly dropped Ryan Grant and it wasn't like they were loaded at RB. Makes no sense.

Coles is available in a couple of my leagues and I have him on 2 of my teams. As you know, he has not done much. Drop him w/o looking back. GL :thumbsdown:

Which 3 RBs should I start?

Felix Jones, Dal (vs. Was)

Thomas Jones, NYJ (vs. Ari)

Willis McGahee, Bal (@Pit)

LenDale White, Ten (vs. Min)

Or should I start 2 of them and Vincent Jackson, SD (@Oak) at Flex?

Thanks!

Which 3 RBs should I start?

Felix Jones, Dal (vs. Was)

Thomas Jones, NYJ (vs. Ari)

Willis McGahee, Bal (@Pit)

LenDale White, Ten (vs. Min)

Or should I start 2 of them and Vincent Jackson, SD (@Oak) at Flex?

Thanks!

Wow, tough matchups. I have Thomas Jones in a couple leagues and he has done nothing for me. So it pains me to say you will need to start him.

1. T Jones

2. Lendale

3. Mcgahee

I would really be tempted to start Felix at Flex but he doesn't get many touches (of course he doesn't need many touches either). Not convinced that McGahee will get many more touches than McClain or Rice. If McGahee is questionable at all then I go Felix. Would not even consider V Jax.

Hope this helps!

Would you play Holt or Roddy White? Pit D or Philly D? I have been going back and forth on these all week.

Would you play Holt or Roddy White? Pit D or Philly D? I have been going back and forth on these all week.

I'm not a big Roddy White fan but the Rams are a trainwreck and seem to be imploding with the latest fiasco about the Marc Bulger benching. I think the move to Trent Green is a desperate one. How ATL and Matt Ryan can do on the road, not sure but I will take those odds instead. CBS Sportsline has Holt ranked 22nd & White ranked 27th.

The only thing that worries me about White (& Ryan) is that ATL seems to play far worse on the road so far than at home.

I think both PIT & PHI DSTs should do ok but I'd go with the Eagles after they posted 9 sacks and totally shut down the Steelers in Wk 3. They seem much more aggressive and more likely to pile up sacks & ints.

Need 2 of these three PPR league:

Selvin Young @ KC

Michael Bush vs SD

Ocho Stinko vs Cle

Thanks.

1. Selvin Young - will probably have his best week vs KC despite limited carries (100+ yds but Pittman gets a couple TDs)

2. CJ - I guess this game vs CLE will show how much the shoulder is really hurt (better matchup than M Bush vs SD)

3. M Bush - thinking that McFadden will play & Chargers will pretty much shut down OAK