Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Pocahantas is running for President!

Hillary 3.0

Don't insult Hillary that way

Sigh......

Will be fun to watch what her Democratic rivals will do. Will they target the obvious low hanging fruit of the "I'm Cherokee!" proclamation, or risk their own campaign in order to not get liberal panties all twisted?

The Dem's need something better, hopefully Biden steps up, he at least has a chance.

you guys set the "lying doesnt matter" precedent

:dunno:

Gary Johnson voters said that?

Gary Johnson voters said that?

Uhmmm, probably shouldn't be accusing others of lying since you just got busted pushing them in the other thread.

In fact, you should just avoid the subject entirely.

Uhmmm, probably shouldn't be accusing others of lying since you just got busted pushing them in the other thread.

It wasnt a lie when I posted it. :thumbsup:

Sure it was. There's outright lies and lies of omission. You do both and that thread was an example of the latter.

At the time I posted it was true. :dunno:

No it wasn't. He was literally either in the air or landing when you posted it.

It was reported after I posted it. You lose again. Lol.

It was reported after I posted it. You lose again. Lol.

I'm not the one that got busted in a knee-jerk lie and rush to judgement. :lol:

Seems to be your calling card. You've earned it well.

I have my reservations with her running.

So do I, Chief....So do I

I cant see her getting the nomination.

Strategically, Trump benefits most if he gets to run against either a woman or a minority. There will be a reactionary faction of the left wanting to push someone very progressive, and there will be a more pragmatic faction whose main concern is getting rid of Trump.

I believe the pragmatic faction will win out and the nominee will be a white male. Biden is the safest pick. Beto could be the idealist pick.

Generally agree^, I just don't necessarily think that not going with a woman is a key element of being pragmatic for that pragmatic faction. It's just which woman is in contention. Someone like Amy Klobuchar I think most centrists would be really comfortable with. Dems have just trumped up the wrong ladies.

Trump wouldn't trounce her, he'd simply look like the bad guy, not the secretly celebrated bad guy because the opponent is not holistically likable.

Just noticed the Biden part. I don't think he's safe at all, but that could be because to me he oozes phoniness. For all of Trump's billion faults, it's more difficult to pin phoniness on him, so the contrast would be noticeable. Not hypocrisy type phoniness, but in the moment phoniness.

I believe the pragmatic faction will win out and the nominee will be a white male. Biden is the safest pick. Beto could be the idealist pick.

Isn't it funny to you that this is all you guys have? 100% identity politics. I believe a white male is the safest pick yada yada not because of his policies but because the color of his skin. You aren't saying Biden is a safe pick because a particular stance on something, but because of what he looks like. You subconsciously do it now and you don't even realize it.

For all of Trump's billion faults, it's more difficult to pin phoniness on him

Ive heard this opinion on Trump before and its justt astounding to me. Everything about Trump is fake, from his bone spurs, spray tan and hair plugs to his fake university and fake marriage.

I cant see her getting the nomination.

Strategically, Trump benefits most if he gets to run against either a woman or a minority. There will be a reactionary faction of the left wanting to push someone very progressive, and there will be a more pragmatic faction whose main concern is getting rid of Trump.

Pretty much agree....dem's have no shot unless they nominate a straight, white male who has a little personality. Please not Biden, though.

Pocahantas has absolutely no shot of getting the nomination.

Ive heard this opinion on Trump before and its justt astounding to me. Everything about Trump is fake, from his bone spurs, spray tan and hair plugs to his fake university and fake marriage.

That makes sense. I'm thinking (and so this probably explains the other people too) about his comport in the moment. His body language reactions and in the moment responses to things. He's not walking anywhere near as tight of a tightrope that many stay on for political correctness, so he's able to be spontaneous and contrast with people who very consciously maintain certain comports. For those who aren't put off by what he's saying to a critical level, the fact he seems more directly trustworthy gives him an edge. They'll also be willing to think he has a game plan amidst the chaos surrounding him, real and media played up.

If males who are rooting for/a little more sympathetic to the Dem party than the GOP at this point in time are pretty much chalking any woman up as a risky bet, that's interesting and disheartening. I understand it's not a personal preference necessarily, just reading the pulse of things. I lean conservative and could see many conservatives thinking Amy Klobuchar would be a formidable opponent. The kind of campaigning done between Clinton and Trump would actually be below her. She would be a formidable opponent to someone objectively dignified, let alone Trump.

Isn't it funny to you that this is all you guys have? 100% identity politics. I believe a white male is the safest pick yada yada not because of his policies but because the color of his skin. You aren't saying Biden is a safe pick because a particular stance on something, but because of what he looks like. You subconsciously do it now and you don't even realize it.

I dont think you understand what I meant at all.

The white male thought is unrelated to who left leaning voters would get behind. Instead, its completely related to disarming segments of the right.

If males who are rooting for/a little more sympathetic to the Dem party than the GOP at this point in time are pretty much chalking any woman up as a risky bet, that's interesting and disheartening. I understand it's not a personal preference necessarily, just reading the pulse of things. I lean conservative and could see many conservatives thinking Amy Klobuchar would be a formidable opponent. The kind of campaigning done between Clinton and Trump would actually be below her. She would be a formidable opponent to someone objectively dignified, let alone Trump.

I dont know anything about Abdullah Klobuchar, but will look into her. If she is above it, thats great. I am not against a female at all. Im just predicting the way itll go.

Can't read the rest of the WSJ article but two female GOP legislators independently answered Klobuchar would be a strong 2020 opponent when asked their thoughts, and not in regards to thinking of a female specifically. Maybe conservative women's insight is the key for Dems getting that right.

Eta: >When asked recently who Republicans should fear most in the 2020 presidential campaign, two prominent GOP figures, both women speaking independently of each other, gave the same response: Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota.

I was struck the same way after looking her up and reading about her success of getting bills passed and her popularity in the midwest after observing her during the Kavenaugh hearings.

A person with a consistent ethical background, very hard to find controversy about, super popular in the Senate, midwest relatable, smart but not pretentious, seems genuinely friendly, just overall solid, should not somehow seem risky. For some reason Brett Kavenaugh was more zealous of her thinking well of him than anyone else he was facing.

I don't think it's really been about the sex, it's been about the individuals.

Yeah. Someone who reminds them of a crazy uncle who gropes women and children at all the gatherings.

I mean...no, not that...strange.

Dems need an average Joe white guy. Wacky gimmick candidates will lose.

A plumber would be a good choice :thumbsup: