Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

grumble

This weekend is our daughters last lacrosse tournament until the fall. It is about 2 1/2 hours south of us. Our plan was to leave around noon.

I started having some shortness of breath, wheezy and chest pain. It lasted about an hour. I used to have bad allergy related asthma (three inhalers). They vitually disappeared when we moved to Colorado in 01. I would still need some Allegra d on occasion, but no inhaler.

We called my doctor. He is ok with me heading down and to f/u with him if needed. Doing ok now but it was a little frightening. My guess is I will go in next week and get a new RX for an inhaler.

Could be would you described. Could be a minor heart attack or an afib attack. Definitely follow up with your doctor when you get back

You know that's a solid plan. Because by not jumping on this early just in case something happens and you say happened to oh, I don't know, DIE then your ungrateful little daughter can spend the rest of

Her life knowing that you died so she could play lacrosse.

Hey, it worked beautifully for John Ritter.

I am apparently out of likes today

Going to talk to Dr in a couple of hours. Go to ER if need to.

Edit: daughter and tournament did not factor into it. Been doing fine for a few hours. If they directed me to go in earlier, we would have.

personally, I'd rather you go in now. Could be nothing or could be something. Blood work could show if you have any enzymes from a heart attack. EKG would give you a better look at the electrical portion of it. Heart is no joke and the chest pain worries me.

I am apparently out of likes today

Since Penult isn't here, I'll help:

'You'll definitely want to mention THAT to your HealthCare Professional (or, as we say 'in the biz' - 'Intake Nurse').

Sure, it may seem completely unrelated, but did YOU go to DeVry? No, I didn't think so.

It is important that your Doctor know all of the symptoms you are experiencing prior to completing his or her

pre-coital dungerflaven. "

Depending upon the humidity, I'd probably recommend 39 cc's of Fremulon applied vaginally - strictly as a prophyllactic measure until a sustained (at least 12 hour) baseline of your Rhombus levels can be determined.

The difficulty here, is while you are displaying symptoms, oftentimes, this condition can be what we call ASYMPTOMATIC. Which means to the layman, 'Caution, Wet Floors'. This can be quite tricky.

I recently treated a case like this. I don't want to alarm you, but based upon your history and my extensive medical background, you are probably undergoing the Q stages of an Ectopic Pregnancy. Notify your Doctor immediately if you experience spotting, flatulence or excessive gastronomy.

Standard rhythmatic protocol for a man your age is a basic Wentzel procedure - otherwise known as an episiotomy. While tenderness, swelling and the inability to yodel are the most common side effects, your ear lobes should return to normal before the next winter solstice.

Good Luck! :wave:

Yeah EKG is very quick. I get them all the time when I have my panic attacks and I think it's a heart attack instead

It sickens me that we live in a society where a little male tenderness is considered a side effect.

BTW, that 'enzyme test' for a heart attack is a joke.

It takes forever and is basically a way for the hospital to keep you under observation just in case you actually DO something.

I got sick of waiting and was 4/6 of a way through my first bucket of Shiner before they called me - to tell me I didnt have a heart attack. Boy was I relieved.

Might as well have me leave a stool sample to see if I'd been shot.

maybe ...

cut down on the beer? :dunno:

Yeah EKG is very quick. I get them all the time when I have my panic attacks and I think it's a heart attack instead

For the non-medical, EKG stands for "Electro Cardio Gram".

Thus proving Doctors are focking morons when it comes to spelling.

Hell, it's damn near impossible to get a doctor down south on a friday night.

They're all burning crosses at their damn CCC meetings.

maybe ...

cut down on the beer? :dunno:

Don't drink very often these days

Don't drink very often these days

maybe a new handle would cheer you up. :overhead:

Could be would you described. Could be a minor heart attack or an afib attack. Definitely follow up with your doctor when you get back

Your differential is OK, but do you really think he should wait until he returns if he's having a heart attack or arrhythmia?

You know that's a solid plan. Because by not jumping on this early just in case something happens and you say happened to oh, I don't know, DIE then your ungrateful little daughter can spend the rest of

Her life knowing that you died so she could play lacrosse.

Hey, it worked beautifully for John Ritter.

This guy gets it.

My daughter in not an ungrateful little princess. She was more concerned about me than the tournament. If Dr advised to get in immediately I would have. Still open to hit er if things worsen.

BTW, that 'enzyme test' for a heart attack is a joke.

It takes forever and is basically a way for the hospital to keep you under observation just in case you actually DO something.

I got sick of waiting and was 4/6 of a way through my first bucket of Shiner before they called me - to tell me I didnt have a heart attack. Boy was I relieved.

Might as well have me leave a stool sample to see if I'd been shot.

The troponin (heart enzyme) turn around time is less than an hour. A lot of people get admitted unnecessarily for mildly elevated trops because ER doctors are scared of the liability if a patient sent home goes on to have a massive heart attack.

Your differential is OK, but do you really think he should wait until he returns if he's having a heart attack or arrhythmia?

What the hell do you think? No I don't think he should wait dumbass. But with people here they seem to not like or trust doctors so as long as they say they will go that's as good as I can hope for. Personally, (which I already posted but thanks for not acknowledging it) I would have him seek immediate medical attention now

What the hell do you think? No I don't think he should wait dumbass. But with people here they seem to not like or trust doctors so as long as they say they will go that's as good as I can hope for. Personally, (which I already posted but thanks for not acknowledging it) I would have him seek immediate medical attention now

You waited to post that after Wiff called you out...the gravity of the situation should have been made clear right away.

You waited to post that after Wiff called you out...the gravity of the situation should have been made clear right away.

Uh no I didn't even read Wiffs post (90% of the time I don't believe anyone does when he does those long rants). But the fact that he already called his doctor and talked to him put my mind at ease that he at least consulted with him and the doctor said for him to f/u when he gets back. He might not have gone in for a cardiac workup but he still did something. Now if he just didn't do anything then yea I'd have posted go in immediately. I can't make a grown man do anything which is why I posted that I personally would go in to get testing.

Next time you want to act like an arrogant know it all jackass at least try to pay attention to the post of the OP first and better understand how most of this board views doctors

I am following up in an hour.

Uh no I didn't even read Wiffs post (90% of the time I don't believe anyone does when he does those long rants). But the fact that he already called his doctor and talked to him put my mind at ease that he at least consulted with him and the doctor said for him to f/u when he gets back. He might not have gone in for a cardiac workup but he still did something. Now if he just didn't do anything then yea I'd have posted go in immediately. I can't make a grown man do anything which is why I posted that I personally would go in to get testing.

Next time you want to act like an arrogant know it all jackass at least try to pay attention to the post of the OP first and better understand how most of this board views doctors

I know how the bored perceives doctors. Just as I know if a heart attack is in your differential, you don't screw around. ;)

Yes....

I was worried. Contacted doc. Symptoms subsided. I remembered this from years before. Have a plan. Not currently worried, but now alert for the symptoms.

Great. Unless you have these "allergy" attacks all the time, you doc should have insisted you seek medical attention ASAP.

I used to about 20 yrs ago.

Yes....

I was worried. Contacted doc. Symptoms subsided. I remembered this from years before. Have a plan. Not currently worried, but now alert for the symptoms.

Middle aged overweight man + chest pain/shortness of breath = high enough risk of heart disease to warrant immediate evaluation.

I know how the bored perceives doctors. Just as I know if a heart attack is in your differential, you don't screw around. ;)

Sure you do. Or you're just acting like your typical know it all self who likes to do nothing but go around here saying "actually THIS is what I believe is going on and I'm right. This is how you are wrong". It's something you always do not just with me but with the entire board and that type of person is someone I can't stand. If you're ACTUALLY a healthcare provider then you shouldn't be worried or trying to "correct" someone (even though you're wrong in this instance) when he has already consulted an actual real life provider and has now stated he is following up with them

Nod

Hey! I'm big boned

I used to about 20 yrs ago.

Yeah, so unless your came in contact with an allergen that you've somehow been missing all your time in CA, it would be unusual for asthma to come back after being quiescent so long.

Sure you do. Or you're just acting like your typical know it all self who likes to do nothing but go around here saying "actually THIS is what I believe is going on and I'm right. This is how you are wrong". It's something you always do not just with me but with the entire board and that type of person is someone I can't stand. If you're ACTUALLY a healthcare provider then you shouldn't be worried or trying to "correct" someone (even though you're wrong in this instance) when he has already consulted an actual real life provider and has now stated he is following up with them

I don't know it all, but I know heart disease is very common in overweight middle aged dudes with chest pain. I also know the information his doc could obtain over the phone isn't enough to rule it out. When you actually make decisions that impact a person's health, and treat an actual heart attack, you might understand this, too.

Yeah, so unless your came in contact with an allergen that you've somehow been missing all your time in CA, it would be unusual for asthma to comeback after being quiescent so long.

It was allergy induced asthma. Went away when we moved to Colorado. We have very bad allergies where we are and this is a bad season.

I don't know it all, but I know heart disease is very common in overweight middle aged dudes with chest pain. I also know the information his doc could obtain over the phone isn't enough to rule it out. When you actually make decisions that impact a person's health, and treat an actual heart attack, you might understand this, too.

We know you don't know it all. You just act like you do which is aggravating. And again you missed the post where I said for him to actually go in to see a doctor so they could run those tests. You fail to understand that I actually do make decisions that affect people's health. The problem is I question whether you do or not over the simple fact that a lot of times I have questioned some of the hints you say and the way you act without providing actual proof of your claim. Your obsession to always want to seem to tell others they are wrong and you are right is a major aggravation. You skip over what you don't want to see and focus on what you do want to see. If you work in healthcare then you should know that's a bad habit as you can miss certain signs and symptoms of diseases.

Now as I said before, I already told him to actually go see a doctor. So best thing I can tell you to do is drop it and stop acting like a know it all jackass. But of course (like how a lot of posters feel and view about doctors) I can't force you to do that. Only advise

It was allergy induced asthma. Went away when we moved to Colorado. We have very bad allergies where we are and this is a bad season.

And it very well could be. But at your age and with it being asymptomatic for so long it's unlikely. I hope that's all it is. When was your last stress test done?

And it very well could be. But at your age and with it being asymptomatic for so long it's unlikely. I hope that's all it is. When was your last stress test done?

Every damn day!

I had a physical a year ago, but not a stress test.

Every damn day!

I had a physical a year ago, but not a stress test.

Might need to get one done. Were you any heavy physical activities or out in the heat for a while today?

Light activty..... Normal tasks up and down stairs, loading car. Heat was not terrible,but I think we have some fires. Doing well with water and ac.

Thank you guys... I am not attempting to be defensive or stoic- why I called the doc