Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Dolphins having secret closed door meeting to decide if they want to bench Tannehill.

If they decide to bench Tanny and go with Matt Moore, that front office is dumber than I thought. Tanny has talent and Matt moore has fizzled out of a few starting situations. Its pointless to go backwards to a guy you already know isnt that good.

I wonder if this is Philbin's last ditch effort to save his job. Everyone knows he's going to be canned if they don't make the playoffs.

As a Dolphin fan I'd sorta given up on Tannehill. After 3 years it's apparent he's a run of the mill QB who was over-hyped at the draft... that happens a lot. His career QB rating after 35 NFL games is a whopping 78.6. His supporters can only use the "but he's on a bad team" excuse for so long.

Matt Moore is under-rated. His chances of leading the Dolphins to the playoffs are slim, but at least there's a chance. Tannehill is taking the Dolphins nowhere. Time to admit he was a 1st round mistake and move on.

Tannehill is better than moore, but yeah tanny sucks. I think it was just the probability of tannehill being good in the same class with Luck, Foles, and Wilson. Thats a lot of good in one class.

If they decide to bench Tanny and go with Matt Moore, that front office is dumber than I thought. Tanny has talent and Matt moore has fizzled out of a few starting situations. Its pointless to go backwards to a guy you already know isnt that good.

If it's a secret then how do you know that they are having this meeting ?

Tannehill is better than moore, but yeah tanny sucks. I think it was just the probability of tannehill being good in the same class with Luck, Foles, Cousins, and Wilson. Thats a lot of good in one class.

fixed

as a Wallace owner I will miss tannehills high level of targets toward Wallace, but he misses a ton of passes as well including everything over 20 yards. can moore throw more accurately deep? they should do it if so.

Dolphins were stupid to not invest more in Matt Moore. They spent a first round pick on a guy that has essentially the same numbers as a guy they already had who was on the upswing.

Dolphins were stupid to not invest more in Matt Moore. They spent a first round pick on a guy that has essentially the same numbers as a guy they already had who was on the upswing.

Agreed. Miami gave Moore one year in 2011 and he finished with a QB rating of 87.1. Then they drafted Tannehill with a 1st round pick and the team went to hell.

Is Tannehill finally the next Marino, doesn't look like it and doesn't seem close as Marino is God tier.

Is the current situation Tannehill's fault? Not as I see it. He could improve still, but the drops, sacks, and lack of steady run game aren't his doing. The defense, stellar at times, gave up 35 to the chefs, who were missing a big chunk of their starters so trying to pin this on the QB doesn't work for me.

When they lose on a last minute interception because of a Flacco like lob, or a pick six due to that oh so Cutler jump ball toss, then I'm with you. Today, not at all, the fish have several issues today yes, but many of them aren't wearing a 17 on Sunday or have a name that rhymes with Philbin.

Wandstedt 2.0.... it's deja vu all over again....