Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

How much is "too much" to pay for a steak

Lol you guys would pay over 25-30 for a steak? Insanity. I could serve you a sizzlers steak at a fancy place and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Whatever they cost at outback is the most I’d pay.

:cheers:

yes, and sadly I recently ate there, not impressed

Went to outback about a month ago. Terrible... They used to be ok not sure what happened.

Went to outback about a month ago. Terrible... They used to be ok not sure what happened.

Low-class clientele.

:banana:

Low-class clientele.

:banana:

visiting wife's relatives in Arizona and they wanted to take us out...I think there was some kind of special or a coupon, not sure. Sister's husband made a killing in real estate out there

Not really...

maybe I got lucky the few times I went... Don't think I've been more than 3 or 4 times ever

Not really...

many years ago tried to give them a chance. only thing i liked from them was their ribs. we ultimately stopped going. while in maui in 2010 our daughter was sick and we decided to do take out from them. not good.

taint- if you really have an outback steak close to a morton's steak, your standards and taste buds are dramatically askew. this a very different cry from comparing a "nice restaurant" steak vs steakhouse, which is much more reasonable and my preference. i find steaks at other restaurants much more interesting (sides, sauces, rubs, seasonings)

Not only am I not trolling but I could also serve you a bottle of Trader Joes 3$ wine in an expensive bottle and you would commend me on the fine quality.

Also Bier says I dont hit then makes my point for me. Win.

And I could serve you a veggie burger that you wouldn't be able to distinguish from beef.

It’s better, just not what I would pay in comparison to the diminishing returns of taste and enjoyment. I would enjoy it a little more and pay a lot more.

How do you gauge other people's level of taste/enjoyment relative to the investment in the steak? Does everyone secretly share your palate and financial sense?

And I could serve you a veggie burger that you wouldn't be able to distinguish from beef.

I would happily eat it.

How do you gauge other people's level of taste/enjoyment relative to the investment in the steak? Does everyone secretly share your palate and financial sense?

Dont know, don’t care, I said “I would not pay” and “I would enjoy”.

Whatever the large prime cut at 801 Chophouse runs

I would happily eat it.

Dont know, don’t care, I said “I would not pay” and “I would enjoy”.

Right after you said anyone paying for such a steak is crazy and would be duped by a lower quality steak and wine.

So which is it - if you can taste the difference but choose not to pay for it, why are people who do rubes who cannot tell a good steak from a bad one?

I feel like it used to be better, like 15+ years ago.

But maybe I've just refined my tastes a bit :dunno:

Ignoring my personal diet, that looks horrific.

That's cause you don't know what a good piece of meat looks like. That's why you need meat to help improve those eyes

My ex used to always want to go to flemings or mortons for anniversaries and such.

I don't like those places. If I'm gonna drop that kind of coin, I'd rather go somewhere interesting, like a French place or something.

I agree with diminishing return. Yeah, those places steaks are better. But not so much better that I'm willing to pay 3x as much.

And Fock you with your family style ala carte sides.

My ex used to always want to go to flemings or mortons for anniversaries and such.

I don't like those places. If I'm gonna drop that kind of coin, I'd rather go somewhere interesting, like a French place or something.

I agree with diminishing return. Yeah, those places steaks are better. But not so much better that I'm willing to pay 3x as much.

And Fock you with your family style ala carte sides.

agree

Yeah the sides piss me off.

Bad enough I gotta drop sixty on a steak... you want me to pay twelve bucks for some focking asparagus and fifteen for some mashed potatoes too?? :thumbsdown:

Bad enough I gotta drop sixty on a steak... you want me to pay twelve bucks for some focking asparagus and fifteen for some mashed potatoes too?? :thumbsdown:

but these mashers have unicorn tears......

• Like 1

That's cause you don't know what a good piece of meat looks like. That's why you need meat to help improve those eyes

All I see is fat. When I ate meat, I'd cut the fat off, not ask for extra to line my arteries.

$35 - $40.

Actually $29 steak and I'll most likely order pasta, chicken, or seafood instead for like $17.99

maybe I got lucky the few times I went... Don't think I've been more than 3 or 4 times ever

Black mans steak Just like Red Lobster is black mans lobster.

All I see is fat. When I ate meat, I'd cut the fat off, not ask for extra to line my arteries.

That's cause you have no clue what you're looking at. You need meat

Gibson's downtown Chicago, one of their best steaks is about $55. No need to pay much more than that. Still, I have paid more being at a restaurant wanting to try something unique. That was before going to Gibson's.

That's cause you have no clue what you're looking at. That's marbling which makes the meat juicy and tender

Dude, I've had plenty of steak. I understand the concept. It just doesn't look appetizing.

Dude, I've had plenty of steak. I understand the concept. It just doesn't look appetizing.

Sure you have

Lindey's supervises the buying, aging and cutting of each steak in order to maintain the top quality at all times.

Lindey's Special Sirloin $30.75

Prime Sirloin $29.65

Chopped Sirloin $22.85

Lol you guys would pay over 25-30 for a steak? Insanity. I could serve you a sizzlers steak at a fancy place and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Whatever they cost at outback is the most I’d pay.

Anytime someone here gets a chance to brag without bragging about how much they make, they will lie about paying 100 for a steak

Anytime someone here gets a chance to brag without bragging about how much they make, they will lie about paying 100 for a steak

No surprise who started the thread.

For that price they better bring me all the ketchup packets in the whole damn place. :mad:

For that price they better bring me all the ketchup packets in the whole damn place. :mad:

:thumbsup: