Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

Whoa. Marrone opts out of Buffalo

He did great in Bufflalo all things considered. Wouldn't there be tampering if he was offered another in nfl

Marrone and his go-to play: the punt.

Have fun with that next year, Jets. Its awesome to see your team give up the ball for nothing on every 4th-and-1 in opposition territory, esp when you're losing in the 4th quarter.

He had nothing to do with the defense and had no answers for the offense (other than handoff to Spiller up the middle). Good riddance.

Owner is in place. Polian 4 president. Reich 4 coach.

Just need the QB!!

Ok what's the tampering penalty regarding a coach? For a billion dollar owner that's probably a donation.

Well that wasn't expected. This tells me he got an offer he can't refuse, like San Francisco.

From what I just saw it might be the Jets

He did great in Bufflalo all things considered. Wouldn't there be tampering if he was offered another in nfl

yes. I suppose we'll see more. I know he was bitter when the team signed Orton since he had vented publicly. Turns out the GM did him a huge favor against his wishes. But that might be a hint of micromanagement and other tampering coming down from above that was quietly grinding him. Meanwhile, he knows he exceeded expectations. This looked like a 4-12 team entering the season. He's responsible for bouncing my ass from Survivor this year in week one.

He probably wants the bears job.

They typically hire nobody's I don't reckon that changes

He did great in Bufflalo all things considered.

Meanwhile, he knows he exceeded expectations.

I think you'll see in time (via his next destination) that Marrone deserves very little of the credit. Not none of course but definitely not the way you guys are phrasing it.

He hired Pettine & Schwarz and otherwise, had nothing to do with the defense.

If you find and listen to the press conference when he was hired... and what he said he'd bring to the offense... it's laughable to listen to now at his departure.

The offense got progressively worse. Had no clue how to use Spiller since day 1. The offensive line went from exceeding expectations in early 2013 to downright putrid.

(Marrone was an offensive lineman and previously an o-line coach with the Saints).

Marrone was extremely stubborn (never go for it on 4th down, even when losing) and wanted more power (personnel decisions).

There was no viable reason to play Orton in the final meaningless game other than an empty win against a Gronk/Edelman/Brady-less Patriots.

He thought the Buffalo media was bad asking him every week why he didn't try to be more aggressive to win games... I can't wait to see what happens if he goes to the Jets.

They played audio from the locker room after the Pats win, finishing at 9-7. An emotional (captain) Kyle Williams said how much it means to him to have a winning record, the first since 2004. He then announced and gave Marrone the game ball. The players erupted. Marrone said "we have to keep growing together. this is a family. family on 3... 1...2...3... [whole team] FAMILY."

3 days later he is gone for greener pastures (in his mind).

While nationally, people may wonder what the heck is going on with this team, 90% of Bills fans are thrilled.

Coaching and QB were the weaknesses.

One has retired (hopefully forcing the team to improve there instead of another Orton/Manuel year).

One has jumped ship (hopefully forcing the team to improve there as they had no plans to replace him).

• Like 1

I think you'll see in time (via his next destination) that Marrone deserves very little of the credit. Not none of course but definitely not the way you guys are phrasing it.

He hired Pettine & Schwarz and otherwise, had nothing to do with the defense.

If you find and listen to the press conference when he was hired... and what he said he'd bring to the offense... it's laughable to listen to now at his departure.

The offense got progressively worse. Had no clue how to use Spiller since day 1. The offensive line went from exceeding expectations in early 2013 to downright putrid.

(Marrone was an offensive lineman and previously an o-line coach with the Saints).

Marrone was extremely stubborn (never go for it on 4th down, even when losing) and wanted more power (personnel decisions).

There was no viable reason to play Orton in the final meaningless game other than an empty win against a Gronk/Edelman/Brady-less Patriots.

He thought the Buffalo media was bad asking him every week why he didn't try to be more aggressive to win games... I can't wait to see what happens if he goes to the Jets.

They played audio from the locker room after the Pats win, finishing at 9-7. An emotional (captain) Kyle Williams said how much it means to him to have a winning record, the first since 2004. He then announced and gave Marrone the game ball. The players erupted. Marrone said "we have to keep growing together. this is a family. family on 3... 1...2...3... [whole team] FAMILY."

3 days later he is gone for greener pastures (in his mind).

While nationally, people may wonder what the heck is going on with this team, 90% of Bills fans are thrilled.

Coaching and QB were the weaknesses.

One has retired (hopefully forcing the team to improve there instead of another Orton/Manuel year).

One has jumped ship (hopefully forcing the team to improve there as they had no plans to replace him).

Great analysis. Guess I did forget he was the offensive element of the team

I've heard the Jets have more interest or he has interest in them. What about them is intriguing? The qb seems to be the same. Wr has to be worse leaving Watkins. I guess it's the higher draft pick there.

I've heard the Jets have more interest or he has interest in them. What about them is intriguing? The qb seems to be the same. Wr has to be worse leaving Watkins. I guess it's the higher draft pick there.

Maybe not having 8 feet of snow in one day.

He can take the year off and still make $4 million too. More money and a longer contract could motivate him.

He can take the year off and still make $4 million too. More money and a longer contract could motivate him.

Wait, wait, wait. .. He can both quit and get paid!?!? I'm going to have to read more...

I'm from Buffalo, and honestly, I couldn't care less about him leaving. I think he knows he doesn't have a QB and he doesn't have a first round draft choice either. He does have a great defense but probably not because of him.

I hope Bills can land Cousins and the new coach will do even better.

This guy is a big zip. His biggest accomplishment is going 9-7, and the last win was vs he Pats who didn't play. So in reality, a coach with a team with 500 talent went 500. Buffalo appeared to be the same as they were before he got there. Not an incompetent mess like the raiders and redskins, but not a contender either. In the modern NFL, if you can't draft or develop a QB, you're just another face in the crowd.

This guy is a big zip. His biggest accomplishment is going 9-7, and the last win was vs he Pats who didn't play. So in reality, a coach with a team with 500 talent went 500. Buffalo appeared to be the same as they were before he got there. Not an incompetent mess like the raiders and redskins, but not a contender either. In the modern NFL, if you can't draft or develop a QB, you're just another face in the crowd.

Well he went 7-5 but the patriots gave him one

I'm torn. It would appear that Chicago is looking at Ratface Shanahan and/or Marrone. Both are huge focks imo, and I'd hate to see them coach the team I love. Rex woulda been much better. Currently I'm hoping that Shanny and Son go to BUF and the Bears trade Cutler to them. Also hoping Marrone gets blackballed and stays home next year for jumping ship on BUF like a little biotch.

For the Bears I want Light and Bowles or the kid from KC and Gase.

i could see Rex in Chi... definitely not ATL, but maybe BUF

Rotoworld seems convinced it will be Josh McDaniels in ATL.

BUF, as always, is totally up in the air.

It'll probable be whoever the Pegulas are most impressed by in interviews. They do it by feel and by handshake although they've shown a preference toward past local success and class (Pat LaFontaine, offer to Bill Polian).

Things are really quiet with this guy. Jobs are filling, he's not one of them. I thought he'd be a surefire HC job after pulling such a good year out of such a (seemingly) bad team. Like most of you, I thought he must have had a deal all lined up, but it now looks unlikely. Owners/GMs must not be taking too well to the bullsh*t he pulled by quitting on the Bills.

It was a genius clause to put in his contract where he can get paid even if he quits and goes somewhere else but by actually playing that card, it may hurt him. They may be questioning his commitment. And it's not just him, his assistants are also having a rough time finding work. http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/doug_marrones_assistants_many_who_followed_him_from_syracuse_looking_for_new_job.html

Assistant HC/o-line coach in Jacksonville. Bet he's glad he left buffalo.

Assistant HC/o-line coach in Jacksonville. Bet he's glad he left buffalo.

Buffalos still paying him their money and it's warmer in Jacksonville. I won't take that bet though.

Enjoy Jax, Marrone.

Hopefully the HC ignores his input to punt on every play.

Well, it may be a perfect fit considering they did invest a third round pick in a punter. :D