Sign in to follow this  
barber2309

Knile Davis

So he was the one handcuff you must own. If you were a Charles owner and didn't get Davis, you blew it. I am a Charles owner that owns Davis and dropped Hillman last week over him because I didn't want to lose that automatic stud injury replacement bandaid in Davis. \

Since I dropped Hillman instead of Davis, Davis has received 0 carries and hasn't been on the field except on special teams. What is going on there? I get that they look at West as the passing downs back and Davis isn't that guy, but not a series here or there for Davis? Is it time to finally drop him and realize he isn't the one handcuff that you must hold onto?

West surpassed him as #2

Wow...if I were a Davis owner (with JC) I would still wait and see how this plays out.

Rotoworld: Knile Davis has fallen behind Charcandrick West on the Chiefs' running back depth chart.

Davis is returning kickoffs, but he hasn't played an offensive snap in the last two weeks. "We like what Charcandrick has been doing," coach Andy Reid said Monday, explaining that West is better in the passing game than Davis. Reid insisted he still has trust in Davis: "I haven’t lost confidence in Knile at all. That’s just were I was at for that game, and what I felt." Were Jamaal Charles to go down, we suspect Davis and West would share the workload. This limits Davis' appeal as a handcuff in 12- and 14-team leagues.

As a Jamaal owner I don't even know if I should bother with West. I could probably get him. But would I ever start him. Unlikely.

As a Jamaal owner I don't even know if I should bother with West. I could probably get him. But would I ever start him. Unlikely.

Depends on how flexible your roster system is.

Although we can only START 2 RB and 1 Flex player, our bench allows us to carry up to 8 RB total (This would mean dumping all backup TE, WR, DEF) but it's nice to have that flexibility if you want to have 5 or 6 RB on your roster.

Depends on how flexible your roster system is.

Although we can only START 2 RB and 1 Flex player, our bench allows us to carry up to 8 RB total (This would mean dumping all backup TE, WR, DEF) but it's nice to have that flexibility if you want to have 5 or 6 RB on your roster.

I have roster flexibility but I'd rather roster guys who aren't a long way from a RBBC. I want guys that are right now the guy if the starter goes down. I own Rawls and Khiry. I'd have to cut one of them for West. Nope. I also still think Knile is the clear number 2.

I have roster flexibility but I'd rather roster guys who aren't a long way from a RBBC. I want guys that are right now the guy if the starter goes down. I own Rawls and Khiry. I'd have to cut one of them for West. Nope. I also still think Knile is the clear number 2.

I think part of this is Reid, who is always fickle with his RB and likes a pass catching RB, especially for his captain checkdown QB.

Reid still thinks he's running a pass first offense. They've only run on 41% of their plays, with the best RB in the league (arguably). Reid is an idiot who would rather put the game in the hands of his checkdown QB.

I think part of this is Reid, who is always fickle with his RB and likes a pass catching RB, especially for his captain checkdown QB.

Reid still thinks he's running a pass first offense. They've only run on 41% of their plays, with the best RB in the league (arguably). Reid is an idiot who would rather put the game in the hands of his checkdown QB.

And some coaches just love to show the world what geniuses they are, you know, dazzle them with their wizardry lol...

And some coaches just love to show the world what geniuses they are, you know, dazzle them with their wizardry lol...

Reid has always been a horrible playcaller and clock manager. He's generally good at putting together offensive schemes around the passing game. However that was when he had tools to work with.

He's not playing to the strengths of his team, which right now are Charles and Maclin. His Herp a Derp QB is too scared to push the ball down the field.

Any chance this is more about Kniles attitude vs talent issue? I mean it makes zero sense. I hardly think he suddenly has lost his ability from last year, when he more than carried the load without Charles. If I remember correctly didn't Kniles have some comments about his continued back-up status during the offseason?

Spiller is out there in my 14 team ppr league but I am hesitant to pull the trigger. I still feel if Charles goes down Davis is the #1 and West is the change of pace back, but with a more significant role than he has now with Charles.

Spiller is out there in my 14 team ppr league but I am hesitant to pull the trigger. I still feel if Charles goes down Davis is the #1 and West is the change of pace back, but with a more significant role than he has now with Charles.

14 team ppr league? Dude go pick up spiller

I think he will get goal line touches so that by itself is important.

I just got him, and am starting him @ Minnesota with confidence. It's perfect this other jibba-jabba popped up, it scared off most in my league.

Niles isn't a very good RB. 3.5 per carry...West can catch and is very shifty with great vision. West is the guys and Reid has a man crush on him. I see West as a RB2 with the potential of being an RB1.

Don't see either one separating themself from the other , it's going to be a rbbc with the player having the better game getting more of the work , I'm staying far away from another one of these situations this season .

I disagree. they want a bell cow. they need one. I am betting a 70 30 split with west doing the lifting.

What's really ironic is even though West is an undrafted rookie out of Abilene Christian, he's actually still older than Davis.

I love how everyone is treating West as if he is better than Jamaal. I think everyone is amping him up as if he will make a D. Freeman impact. Wait and see I guess..for me, I think this will be the Knile Davis show for years to come!

I too am somewhat surprised at all the love West is getting while Davis is getting none to little. Davis has PROVEN he could carry the load when JC is out. West is an undrafted kid who hasn't proven much yet save a few carries in mop up. I see Davis being more valuable for no other reason than goal line carries.

It's going to be what everyone has been speculating. West will get first crack and majority of the touches + receptions, and Davis will get goal line and short yardage work. Considering that the Chiefs are going to be less than stellar, I forsee West doing well in PPR since Smith loves to throw to his rbs.

--

"Charcandrick West will get the first chance to replace Jamaal Charles, but the Chiefs prefer Davis on power runs and in short-yardage. Kansas Citys backfield situation is more a downgrade to West than a reason to play Davis this week. Davis is a touchdown-dependent RB3 against Minnesota's underrated run defense."

It's going to be what everyone has been speculating. West will get first crack and majority of the touches + receptions, and Davis will get goal line and short yardage work. Considering that the Chiefs are going to be less than stellar, I forsee West doing well in PPR since Smith loves to throw to his rbs.

--

"Charcandrick West will get the first chance to replace Jamaal Charles, but the Chiefs prefer Davis on power runs and in short-yardage. Kansas Citys backfield situation is more a downgrade to West than a reason to play Davis this week. Davis is a touchdown-dependent RB3 against Minnesota's underrated run defense."

Yeah, but the exciting part of FF is waiting to see if the coaches actually do what they say they're going to do. :) Luckily, I don't have a lot riding on this. But I'm currently starting The Charc in one league over a questionable/doubtful Forsett.