Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Starting two Wrs from Same team ?

In ppr, does anyone do this now or has done it and its worked out? Which players? Currently have julio and now just picked up hankerson- don't know if that was a stupid move. He was BPA.

Start the players that will score the most points. Doesn't matter if they are on the same team or not. 10 points from a WR that plays for ATL is the same as 10 points from a WR that plays for GB

I did it many years ago (non-ppr).

Carter & Reed for the Vikings...but those guys made 1 helluva combo, not too many out there now I'd even think about doing it.

This week I'm seriously thinking of starting Mr Robinson and Hitman Hurns in Jax... My other choices are all terrible (even though they shouldn't be with Cooks, Calvin etc.) and I would not shy away from it at all of you think they will score the most on your team..

I have done it many times over the years and it works out about the same amount of time as starting guys on separate teams if the situation is conducive that week for both to do well..

This week I'm seriously thinking of starting Mr Robinson and Hitman Hurns in Jax... My other choices are all terrible (even though they shouldn't be with Cooks, Calvin etc.) and I would not shy away from it at all of you think they will score the most on your team..

I have done it many times over the years and it works out about the same amount of time as starting guys on separate teams if the situation is conducive that week for both to do well..

️Haha cooks is who Im benching for hankerson- can't trust him till he does something. Hurns is the other guy I could have picked up instead of hankerson- went with the better qb.

ive done it in years past, Julio and Roddy, Harrison and Wayne. I'm starting cooks in one of my leagues, he's due for a good game and it's going to happen when your all benching him. :laugh:

I had a plan on it all along of Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant...was ready for this to be the week right up until Roethlisberger went down and now neither appear very useful.

Starting hill and Bernard isn't terrible as they both have a role...

I started rice and mcgahee a bunch of times, and even fast Willie (who lead the league in rushing but had 2 tds all year) and "Dookie" Davenport (who had over 10 tds that year)..

Mojo and Fred Taylor were both startable together one year also...

There have been a ton of instances where it can work and hill and Bernard are just the latest tandem in that mold....

If you enjoy capping your total team output, feel free. But you can get some decent floors this way.

Don't see anything work with it .

The Good: there is only good if you have one of those stellar passing offenses. The replies so far have referenced Indy of old, Atlanta, GB, etc. If you have Kansas City's WRs...?

The Bad: if you could start two top WRs on two different teams, you have the high ceiling of both guys potentially catching *all* the TDs and most of the yardage from two QBs. Two guys on the same squad will split both stats.

Could turn out okay. Two guys with A-A-Ron throwing to them on a 5 TD night could be better than a Tampa WR and a Vikings WR. But the same ceiling generally won't be there.

Do it at your own risk, with the right team.

I see no problem with doing this. In fact, I too own both Atlanta WR and may play both this weekend. (Hankerson or Bryant)

I'm rolling with Hilton and Moncrief this week, feel pretty good about it.

• Like 1

I'm rolling with Hilton and Moncrief this week, feel pretty good about it.

Would not to that , Luck is hurting I doubt he playes and if so not long sounds like it's a bigger deal than we are hearing . Read he is having pain throwing the ball not good . Hard to see him lasting long if he can't throw the ball

^

Thx for the warning still rolling them out. Have a hunch.

Funny you mentioned this because Atlanta with Julio and Hank was the first team that popped into my mind

Your cuffing your WR's it works well with offense's that throws the ball a lot. Your ceiling is is low but your floor is high your entirely dependent of what the QB for that team does.

Starting Cobb and Jones with no fear this week. (It helps that I don't have to worry about Adams stealing targets.)

Starting Cobb and Jones with no fear this week.)

Starting Jones and Cobb also. And....CJ and Hillman.

<p>My league uses TE's as WR.  I have had Gronk and Edleman since last year.  It's worked out so far.  </p>

<p> </p>

<p>The guy that finished 2nd in our league last year had Jordy and Cobb.  The only WR combo I see being useful this year is Cobb/Jones and even that's not great.  Maybe Megatron and Tate if that offense wasn't stuck in the mud.   </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>