Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Why do car companies say congratulations?

Bought a new car recently(Financed it cause I'm the only one here that has debt) and I got an email saying "congratulations on your purchase"

Why are you congratulating me? Not like I won the damn thing..Shouldn't I be congratulating you for me picking your vehicle over the seventy bazillion other choices out there?

Hmmm

It's just a way of making customers feel good.

On a similar note, I can't Focking stand it when voice mail answering service says "thanks for calling.". Why are you thanking me? The act of calling someone is not a thankable act. What if I'm a scammer or telemarketer or bill collector? You still want to thank me? It drives me up the friggin wall.

I bought a Lexus Nexus the other day, paid straight cash homey

It's just a way of making customers feel good.

This. You should try it when you hand people their food out the window. :thumbsup:

because you just took it in the ass and didn't even moan

Congratulations on your purchase! :wave:

What did you get?

Congratulations on your purchase! :wave:

What did you get?

2017 Impala. LOVE this car. Got it at the end of 2016 during the "red tag" event. 20% off MSRP. Unbelievable deal. I have yet to see the price I got that car for anywhere. Plus, I don't see a lot of Impalas out there. This car got a "recommended" rating from CR..which HATES domestic automobiles as a rule. And every review I have seen on it was positive.

Slight pivot.

I refuse to buy a car with the dealerships decal on it. If they wanna pay me a small monthly fee to advertise for them fine but until the take that shiit off or I ain't buying.

Slight pivot.

I refuse to buy a car with the dealerships decal on it. If they wanna pay me a small monthly fee to advertise for them fine but until the take that shiit off or I ain't buying.

you mean like license plate things? I actually leave them on as long as I can, if I feel they did me right, I have no problem advertising til I get my plates

Slight pivot.

Agree. And I dont use the license plate holder either. I actually got a ticket for that once. License plate obstruction. It was in combo with a speeding ticket. Couldn't believe he wrote me for it. But he didn't show at court. Boom

Cruisin' down the street in my six-fo :bandana:

Get it? I quoted you.

:banana:

Get it? I quoted you.

:banana:

But he ain't said ###### :dunno:

It's to make you feel good. If it's your first new car purchase, they'll count on you to tell your friends. You won. Small advertising trick used by many industries. You just purchased the Ron Jeremy life sized d!ldo. Congratulations. Enjoy the experience like no other.

Agree. And I dont use the license plate holder either. I actually got a ticket for that once. License plate obstruction. It was in combo with a speeding ticket. Couldn't believe he wrote me for it. But he didn't show at court. Boom

In Ma. you can't have a plate holder, or leave the extension for your trailer hitch in when going for a sticker. If you don't know the guy, you'll fail.

Can you count?

Why would Four Words be part of the four words?

It should be Two Words. "Used Cars." Or, four words. "Something something used cars"

They want you to think they give a fock. They dont. People are easily manipulated. Still it's better than them treating customers like ass holes.

It should be Two Words. "Used Cars." Or, four words. "Something something used cars"

Seriously. You're correcting this.

See my point bout no sense of humor? Good gracious

Word.

Seriously. You're correcting this.

I've been watching alot of Seinfeld lately.

It should be:

"Five words, inclusive.

Used cars."

Homer is clearly referring to a previous incident.

Yup. :thumbsup: I wonder what the other 12% think.

The luxury brands are the worst. They try to make it like you are now a member of some life changing club.

Congratulations on becoming a BMW owner. You are a gentleman of distinction. You know how to appreciate the finer things in life... the thrill of a perfectly tuned suspension. The precision of German engineering. In short... the ultimate driving machine. Welcome.

They actually have newsletters and meet ups for local chapters of the BMW (or Porsche or whatever) club. What a bunch of tools that must be.