Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

So I was stuck on the top of Roller coaster last night...

So we were at Cedar Point with the kids and it was about 9ish and after riding rides all day long ... (we got the fast lane pass so we rode every ride quite a few times) . My Son says he wants to ride Millennium Force one more time whiles dark out so I go okay. 30 min later we get on ... As we approach the top it just stops - it JUST FOCKIGN STOPS!!! 300' in the air we sit there for like 10 minutes wondering what the fock. I got my 8 year old daughter next to me and my 11 year old son in the car in front of me. My kids were shockingly okay my son even said - "hey dad were really getting ur moneys worth on this ride" . Then the mech crew showed up trying to tell everyone everything is okay - yada yada - never telling us really anything other than we would be movign shortly. Then the Mech crew goes back down and we are still sitting there for a while ... People behind start freaking out a little - thats when my daughter started to get really scared but I was able to keep her okay for the most part .. this is a little girl that puts her hands up on this ride (the scariest full length coaster in the country). Finally we started to move and went down the hill and finished the ride . My son had a blast and thought it was the greatest thing ever my daughter not so much. They handed out either free fast lane passes the next day for everyone or free admission when we go back (at least to us) at least that was something. Strange experience though - good thing I am not scared of heights. Afterwards is when my little girl started crying when I asked if she wanted go on any more rides before we went back to the hotel ... guess i shoulda known better :(

Still love Cedar Point and will still go back every year Memorial day and once during fright fest - as we love it - but damn that was a focked up 30 minutes.

Things happen...good that they try taking care of you and that your kids didn't lose it.

Not sure mine would have handled it that well (and I know my wife would have been awful up like that).

Also good you didn't have to walk down the thing.

Things happen...good that they try taking care of you and that your kids didn't lose it.

Not sure mine would have handled it that well (and I know my wife would have been awful up like that).

Also good you didn't have to walk down the thing.

I know I was fine with it there was a few folks cursing and screaming at the people etc.. One saying he was goign to sue - what the fock is he going to sue for he wasn't hurt ... Things do happen and it was fine just a true WTF moment :lol: It helped it was dark out so the kids really could see well or at least how far up they were. My son was asking "can we do that again --- same way" :lol: Just wonder if something like that has happened to anyone else here?

I know I was fine with it there was a few folks cursing and screaming at the people etc.. One saying he was goign to sue - what the fock is he going to sue for he wasn't hurt ... Things do happen and it was fine just a true WTF moment :lol: It helped it was dark out so the kids really could see well or at least how far up they were. My son was asking "can we do that again --- same way" :lol: Just wonder if something like that has happened to anyone else here?

Never been stuck up on a roller coaster.

Been stuck on other rides...or had them stop before heading up before...but nothing where I was up on top like that

You'll never know how great a kiss can feel

When you're stuck at the top of of a Ferris wheel

When I fell in love

Down at Palisases Park.

Anyone from jersey remember Action Park? Or as it was affectionately known as Traction Park from all the injuries lol. Its opening again or so i hear.

Happened to me back when I was around 16 at myrtle beach pavilion. They had a roller coaster and just like you while we were going up to the top it stopped. Stayed like that for about 20 minutes. Luckily I was with a girl I had met earlier in the park so it was actually a nice thing for me.

Anyone from jersey remember Action Park? Or as it was affectionately known as Traction Park from all the injuries lol. Its opening again or so i hear.

Late 80's at action park I went down one of the really high water slides, and the guy had told us to make sure we cross our legs on the way down. I did not listen and gave myself an enema. It was almost a disaster but I was able to make it to the bathroom in the nick of time.

Late 80's at action park I went down one of the really high water slides, and the guy had told us to make sure we cross our legs on the way down. I did not listen and gave myself an enema. It was almost a disaster but I was able to make it to the bathroom in the nick of time.

Usually crossing your legs or clenching your cheeks helps out with that

It seem like Moz is always taking his the amusement park and has a story about it.