Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Food you like to eat

Im gonna go ahead and take your word on that.

:lol:

You made a funny.

Salmon roe sushi is good

Havent tried it cause every time I go to a sushi restaurant I end up forgetting about it and end up getting something more complex. The simple sushi thats just a slice of fish on sushi rice has to be fresh. I usually only eat that kind of sushi at a nicer sushi place

Havent tried it cause every time I go to a sushi restaurant I end up forgetting about it and end up getting something more complex. The simple sushi thats just a slice of fish on sushi rice has to be fresh. I usually only eat that kind of sushi at a nicer sushi place

A nice sushi place in the Carolinas doesnt exist.

Ok, well I never knew bone marrow could be so good. Fock me running

Ok, well I never knew bone marrow could be so good. Fock me running

An Italian place really close to our house usually has Veal Osso Bucco; it comes with the baby cow bone and a little fork to dig out the bone marrow. Gawd bless being at the top of the food chain. :thumbsup:

foie gras

sweetbreads

game

gator

ostrich

pate

pork belly

sea urchin

octopus

bone marrow

Everybody likes pork belly :nono:

I've had sea urchin, not a fan. It seems like something sushi snobs order to show that they are so into sushi that they eat sea urchin. With a quail egg on top of course$#@! :rolleyes:

I've had sea urchin, not a fan. It seems like something sushi snobs order to show that they are so into sushi that they eat sea urchin. With a quail egg on top of course$#@! :rolleyes:

as sushi, it is so-so. like it in other preparations. not a fan of eggs, but have used them for certain dishes.

Neither NY by that logic

NY and California are the only states with good, fresh sushi. The rest of the country is eating garbage fish. As a matter of fact, very little of the best stuff gets out of Japan

NY and California are the only states with good, fresh sushi. The rest of the country is eating garbage fish. As a matter of fact, very little of the best stuff gets out of Japan

Nah. Thats where youre wrong. Place in Charleston has fresh sushi. Even has the expensive blue fin tuna.

Nah. Thats where youre wrong. Place in Charleston has fresh sushi. Even has the expensive blue fin tuna.

No they don't. Do some research.

What about those of us that catch our own tuna :ninja:

No they don't. Do some research.

You need to do that bro cause you sound retarded right now

Place I took my parents to in SA called wild fish had all fresh caught fish. Place was amazing. Their motto was *swimming yesterday, on your plate today*. Loved that place and Dad fell in love with it.

It's not the same type tuna. But good for you.

Chicken livers and gizzards. Chicken hearts.

I love me some fried chicken livers. My grandmother used to make them so good. Havent had them in years though.

I love me some fried chicken livers. My grandmother used to make them so good. Havent had them in years though.

The south man. Love this place. BIL wants me to move to Florence but Ive got my heart set on either Asheville or Charleston. Food scene at both of those places is top notch and both have excellent activities to do

The south man. Love this place. BIL wants me to move to Florence but Ive got my heart set on either Asheville or Charleston. Food scene at both of those places is top notch and both have excellent activities to do

Sadly, it seems like good southern cooking is dying. The last couple of generations of women doesnt know how.

My best friend in high school had a grandmother who lived by herself on a farm. We all used to volunteer to go with him to help from time to time (repair barbed wire fencing and such) just for the food. That woman would feed you into a coma.

God I miss real biscuits, gravy, meatloaf, fried okra, etc.

Sadly, it seems like good southern cooking is dying. The last couple of generations of women doesnt know how.

My best friend in high school had a grandmother who lived by herself on a farm. We all used to volunteer to go with him to help from time to time (repair barbed wire fencing and such) just for the food. That woman would feed you into a coma.

God I miss real biscuits, gravy, meatloaf, fried okra, etc.

My dad actually cooks like that. Hell, he learned a few things from my black buddys grandma. Ive learned quite a bit from him as well. Still makes the best collards Ive ever eaten. Love actual good homemade fried chicken and homemade gravy

That makes sense, because NY has the best everything. It's like Trump and Dubai had a love child and created the bestest of everything place. Hell, paper thin greasy pizza with no toppings is super awesome because NY sewer water!

NY sushi, FFS. :rolleyes:

I might as well add hog jowls and lengua (beef tongue) to the list of things I eat that others prob wouldnt (except for Mexicans they love some lengua like me)

That makes sense, because NY has the best everything. It's like Trump and Dubai had a love child and created the bestest of everything place. Hell, paper thin greasy pizza with no toppings is super awesome because NY sewer water!

NY sushi, FFS. :rolleyes:

It's where the money is. People like to make money, even fishmongers. Did you hear? I live in NY and I don't get the good stuff. Do you think you do? I know everything you do is the best, but not this. Sorry Yuppy.

It's where the money is. People like to make money, even fishmongers. Did you hear?

So, they drive their boats there at warp speed to make it fresherer? Because that isn't where they are getting the sushi. Or perhaps they send the best, most expensive cuts to NY and send fish poop to everyone else? So you pay $20 for a few slices of sashimi? You do that on your salary?

Jeebus. :rolleyes:

Frog Legs

Had them both fried and grilled. Good stuff. Suck the brains out of crawfish too. Doubt many people on here would actually do that

So, they drive their boats there at warp speed to make it fresherer? Because that isn't where they are getting the sushi. Or perhaps they send the best, most expensive cuts to NY and send fish poop to everyone else? So you pay $20 for a few slices of sashimi? You do that on your salary?

Jeebus. :rolleyes:

Yes, they send the best cuts to NY. Deal with it. And my salary is fine.

Had them both fried and grilled. Good stuff. Suck the brains out of crawfish too. Doubt many people on here would actually do that

Dude I love crawfish. My boy and I were trolling with his tiny ass fishing pole last year in a creek. Not looking for much, Just looking for tiny fish. we caught a giant crawfish..on a fake bait. I thought it was odd. I stood up and pulled my polarized lenses and looked into the creek. Had to have been 500 of them. I waded in and took probably 50 right there on the spot. took them home. cooked them within a half hour of being in the creek. Sucked their brains out and showed the boy how to.

foie gras

sweetbreads

game

gator

ostrich

pate

pork belly

sea urchin

octopus

bone marrow

Gator is the bomb when done right. Alligator sauce picane and alligator boudin. Had some gator balls mixed with hush puppies and remaulude dip for app recently. Incredible.

Sautéed and then deep fried octopus is really good.

Love wabbit stew as far as game goes. :lol:

Liver cheese on Jewish rye provone cheese and gre poupoin.

• Like 1

Dude I love crawfish. My boy and I were trolling with his tiny ass fishing pole last year in a creek. Not looking for much, Just looking for tiny fish. we caught a giant ###### crawfish..on a fake bait. I thought it was odd. I stood up and pulled my polarized lenses and looked into the creek. Had to have been 500 of them. I waded in and took probably 50 right there on the spot. took them home. cooked them within a half hour of being in the creek. Sucked their brains out and showed the boy how to.

Hell yea. Been catching them since I was young. 6-7 years old and would be down at the creek fishing or using my net to catch some crawfish. Never cooked them. Only did it for fun back then. Once I got older I realized how good they were cooked. Its rare that youll find people who will suck the heads. My dad wont even do that and he grew up eating basically dirt (his family was poor and had a small farm).

It's not the same type tuna. But good for you.

First.

I know it is not the same type, but there are many non-commercial fish that have as good or better flavor than expensive commercial fish.

It is all marketing.

Second.

All commercial raw fish has to be frozen at a certain length of time and at a certain temperature to kill parasites. There is no thing as "fresh" restaurant sushi.

My dad actually cooks like that. Hell, he learned a few things from my black buddys grandma. Ive learned quite a bit from him as well. Still makes the best collards Ive ever eaten. Love actual good homemade fried chicken and homemade gravy

It's 'coloreds'.

And they don't like that.

I like ketchup on my hot dogs and ranch with my wings.

Fock y'all.

I eat ranch on pretty much everything. Its also good for jerking off, if you run out of lotion. Its quite possibly the greatest invention ever.

Ketchup on the Hot Dogs though. Thats focked up.

First.

I know it is not the same type, but there are many non-commercial fish that have as good or better flavor than expensive commercial fish.

It is all marketing.

Second.

All commercial raw fish has to be frozen at a certain length of time and at a certain temperature to kill parasites. There is no thing as "fresh" restaurant sushi.

Not in NY. Say they catch two salmon near Washington state. They put them in a big fish tank on a plane and fly them to NY; there they select the better of the two and cut it up fresh. They put the other one on ice and send it back to the mooks in Washington, because they don't get the best salmon, NY does. :thumbsup:

Not in NY. Say they catch two salmon near Washington state. They put them in a big fish tank on a plane and fly them to NY; there they select the better of the two and cut it up fresh. They put the other one on ice and send it back to the mooks in Washington, because they don't get the best salmon, NY does. :thumbsup:

No, they sell them in San Fran or LA. They don't make it to the rest of the country. NY gets its salmon from the North Atlantic. But hey, you probably have a lot of jack in the box and chipotle. So you have that going for you.

No, they sell them in San Fran or LA. They don't make it to the rest of the country. NY gets its salmon from the North Atlantic. But hey, you probably have a lot of jack in the box and chipotle. So you have that going for you.

Salmon has to be frozen for 7 days before it is safe for sushi. There are other types of sushi which may or may not be fresher, but everywhere in the country has the same freshness of sushi grade salmon.