Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Obummer Derangement Syndrome (ODS)

RUSH LIMBAUGH: Have you heard, this new movie, the Batman movie -- what is it, the Dark Knight Lights Up or something? Whatever the name of it is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises, Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in the Dark Knight Rises is named Bane. B-A-N-E. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran, and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time, the release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental, that the name of the really vicious, fire-breathing, four-eyed, whatever-it-is villain in this movie is named Bane?

[...]

LIMBAUGH: Anyway, so this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now discussion out there as to whether or not this was purposeful, and whether or not it will influence voters. It's going to have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is going to be huge, lot of people are going to see the movie. And it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd. And they're going to hear "Bane" in the movie, and they are going to associate Bain. And the thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, not Bain Capital, but Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie --"Oh yeah, I know who that is." There are some people who think it will work. There are some people think it will work. Others think -- "You're really underestimating the American people who think that will work."

Link

Call him Little Rushty. :lol:

That has to be way more than #3579. Little Rusty has 3233 all on his own.

Batman comics had a number of villains, no? They chose this villain for this timeperiod... It wouldn't surprise me that the liberal hollywood powers that be got a chuckle out of this...

So Obama, the producers of Batman, the film company, and the liberal media, all started this elaborate plan 19 years ago? They had the foresite to know that Romney would be the GOP candidate all the way back then?? Even if you aren't a fan of Obama, you have to admit that was pretty remarkable planning. :thumbsup:

Also, how is it that a guy who has made himself look like a clueless buffoon as many times as Rush Limbaugh has, still has an audience??

Batman comics had a number of villains, no? They chose this villain for this timeperiod... It wouldn't surprise me that the liberal hollywood powers that be got a chuckle out of this...

:lol: :clap: :first:

:lol: :clap: :first:

It's pretty impressive how they got a script put together and knocked this thing out in the couple months since Romney secured the nomination and made the word Bain relevant to anything. :thumbsup:

It's so funny to see you and Jerryskids and other Repubs starting to veer closer and closer to Little Rusty/Bud Bro territory as the election gets closer. Desperation in the air. :doublethumbsup:

The entire transcript...

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Have you heard this new movie, the Batman movie, what is it, The Dark Knight Lights Up or whatever the name is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises. Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in The Dark Knight Rises is named Bane, B-a-n-e. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time. The release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane?

OBAMA: Somebody else made that happen.

RUSH: In case you're wondering what's going on. I am so astounded by this I have told the broadcast engineer to play that whenever he feels like it. So he's on his own. He's getting no help from me. He can put that sound bite anywhere at any time he thinks it's called for. It's totally up to him. I don't know when it's gonna happen. I had Cookie roll off the little excerpt of that big, long bite, and this thing's gonna show up 'cause I can't tell you how it's affecting me.

OBAMA: If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

RUSH: Just stop and think of that, just from the standpoint of logic. And then I had to read today that some conservative commentator, "Well, the president, he's right. He actually is right." I'm not gonna embarrass the guy by mentioning his name 'cause I'm not trying to pick a fight with the guy. I'm trying to point out that we have a bunch of people that want to be thought of as the smartest people in the room and the most reasonable and they don't want to be lumped in with me having a reactionary take on this. So they're going out of their way, "Oh, no, I don't think the president hates the country. Oh, no. No, no, no. In fact, I think the president, on some level it's obvious he's right, so simple to see." Then later on they point out their disagreements with it, but after that what's the point?

So, anyway, this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now a discussion out there as to whether or not this is purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters. It's gonna have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, "Oh, yeah, I know who that is." (laughing) There are some people who think it'll work. Others think you're really underestimating the American people to think that will work.

OBAMA: You didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

RUSH: Right. (interruption) At the polls, will the brain-dead people show up at the polls? I don't know. See, I think you have to assume they will. I think you have to plan on the fact that they will show up and vote. No, just from the standpoint of you've gotta get your own turnout. You can't go into an election thinking, "Well, that group's not gonna show up. The young, yeah, they got disappointed. Obama's not who they thought he was. Ah, college students, they're not gonna show." You can't think that way. You have to think they're gonna show up. You have to count on it. You have to plan for it and come up with a way of neutralizing it.

The Bane character in this movie was a terrorist. He's out to destroy Gotham, New York City, which is the case in every Batman movie. But instead of sounding like Romney, he sounds like an Occupy Wall Street guy, in truth. Now, there's a story in the Washington Times Communities today: "Is Mitt Romney...Batman? -- Opponents of Mitt Romney have noticed that the name of Batman’s villain in the upcoming film The Dark Knight Rises is homonymous with the name of an investment firm that Romney founded in 1984. The childish 'aha' moment was not unpredictable. Americans have tolerated condescension remarkably well for the past four years, so we can presumably take an insult to our ability to spell -- or ability to follow a storyline, for that matter."

But, anyway, I didn't really know what the point of this story is. They're trying to point out that in Batman the good guy and the rich guy are one and the same, and that's Bruce Wayne. And so what this gal is saying here is: Hey, instead of falling in with the evil guy being Bane, let's just say Batman is Romney. Batman's Romney, he's the evil rich guy, he's the good rich guy, he's out to save New York. The rich guy's the good guy. Of course the evil guy is always rich too in these Batman movies. You may think it's ridiculous, I'm just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.

END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

Washington Times: Batman Villain Creator Reacts to Character's Comparison to Romney - 'Ridiculous'..'Overgrasping Dems'

Washington Times Communities: Is Romney...Batman? -Amanda Read

Rushlimbaugh.com: Romney Must Fight the Felon Charge - 07.16.12

It's so funny to see you and Jerryskids and other Repubs starting to veer closer and closer to Little Rusty/Bud Bro territory as the election gets closer. Desperation in the air. :doublethumbsup:

Funny, I was going to agree with others that this was surely in production long before Romney was the nominee. :dunno:

Funny, I was going to agree with others that this was surely in production long before Romney was the nominee. :dunno:

Well then, that would have been the sanest thing you've posted in months. Glad to have you back.

Apparently some critics think that the movie actually has a reactionary message:

And no one is darker than Bane (Tom Hardy), a battering ram of a villain, his face covered by a grille that feeds him medicine to alleviate pain he's suffered from childhood. Hardy's face is covered for 99.9 percent of the film, but his physical and vocal performance is riveting. It's Bane who initiates the attack against Gotham and the stock exchange. Is Nolan equating the legit protest of Occupy Wall Street with Bane's terrorism? You be the judge.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-dark-knight-rises-20120716

Poor Christopher Nolan...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. :(

I'd guess Rush is saying that's why they picked Bane instead of Penguin or Riddler.

But that only makes it slightly less retarded.

Penguin and Riddler have already been done. That was the one w/Jim Carrey and DeVito.

Penguin and Riddler have already been done. That was the one w/Jim Carrey and DeVito.

They also did the Joker last time, but that didn't stop them from redoing the Joker again. ;)

They also did the Joker last time, but that didn't stop them from redoing the Joker again. ;)

:o

OBUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

They also redid Two Face.

Bane is also a repeat, come to think of it. But the abortion that was Batman & Robin doesn't really count.

and the left continues to empower Rush. :overhead:

Laughing at Rush is "empowering" him? :dunno:

You must feel very empowered by FFT. :overhead:

Laughing at Rush is "empowering" him? :dunno:

You must feel very empowered by FFT. :overhead:

Just ignore him and rush goes away, like a screaming baby, don't pay any attention

Just ignore him and rush goes away, like a screaming baby, don't pay any attention

I actually thought he had already gone away. Don't hear much about him anymore. I suppose that's why his promoters/writers decided to make him say something so stupid. He certainly has learned how it all works.

I actually thought he had already gone away. Don't hear much about him anymore. I suppose that's why his promoters/writers decided to make him say something so stupid. He certainly has learned how it all works.

It worked on you, moron. :overhead:

It worked on you, moron. :overhead:

I'm pretty sure his goal is to garner listeners, not have people make fun of him on a messageboard. And he sure as fock didn't get me to tune in because of this. Or anything else he ever burped out.

They're also redoing bane

Bane was created by Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench and Graham Nolan, first appearing in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1. (1993)

And that's how the libturds derailed Mitt's 1994 Senate campaign, too

:mad:

I'm pretty sure his goal is to garner listeners, not have people make fun of him on a messageboard. And he sure as fock didn't get me to tune in because of this. Or anything else he ever burped out.

You don't get anything do you? :doh: The internet is buzzing on this and you are part of it. :lol:

World on Fire Over Batman and El Rushbo July 18, 2012

RUSH: More people are concerned about whatever I might have said or didn't say about a Batman villain than they are about their own jobs. It's incredible

Mission accomplished as Newbie plays his part.

You don't get anything do you? :doh: The internet is buzzing on this and you are part of it. :lol:

so, Rush floats this retarded air biscuit about Batman, then a lot of people get fired up about how stupid it is, so Rush says, "oh, people pay too much attention to what I said." :lol:

:doh:

so, Rush floats this retarded air biscuit about Batman, then a lot of people get fired up about how stupid it is, so Rush says, "oh, people pay too much attention to what I said." :lol:

:doh:

:overhead: You better read that again. :overhead:

More people are concerned about whatever I might have said or didn't say about a Batman villain than they are about their own jobs.

He is talking about you.

So Rush thinks he's a political genius then when he says something immensely retarded and people call him out on it then, and only then, do people pay "too much attention to him." Great strategy there Rush.

So Rush thinks he's a political genius then when he says something immensely retarded and people call him out on it then, and only then, do people pay "too much attention to him." Great strategy there Rush.

:overhead: He's an entertainer you fool! It's all about exposure and money just like Stewart, Maher, Leno, Letterman, etc, etc, etc. :overhead:

:overhead: He's an entertainer you fool! It's all about exposure and money just like Stewart, Maher, Leno, Letterman, etc, etc, etc. :overhead:

Except he has a wide audience that eat his stuff up. Any democrat that does what Rush does is as bad in my opinion; I'm not solely bashing Rush here. They're act gets really old really quickly.

Rush is a fat stupid hypocritical piece of sh!t who is just out to make a buck. I agree with you on that. The sad part is, he also drives the Republican agenda these days.

Take a long, hard look in the mirror Phurfur. You believe 99% of what this dooshnozzle says.

Rush is a fat stupid hypocritical piece of sh!t who is just out to make a buck. I agree with you on that. The sad part is, he also drives the Republican agenda these days.

Take a long, hard look in the mirror Phurfur. You believe 99% of what this dooshnozzle says.

:lol: and Worms continues to empower Rush. :lol:

Sorry, I have never listen to Rush, I haven't listen to radio since the 70s. :dunno:

And it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd. And they're going to hear "Bane" in the movie, and they are going to associate Bain.

Umm...wouldn't these morons have voted for Obama anyway? :dunno:

History repeats itself.

Sad

I totally forgot about this. Rush thought the Batman movie used Bane to make Bain Capital look bad?? :lol: